19 replies to this topic

#1 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 01 June 2021 - 01:50 PM

The night was rent by the pink and purple flames spreading through the town.  Above this hellish scene, the chaos moon leered upon the panicking throngs of citizens.  It reached down its long ghostly arms and lifted its victims up and threw them into its gaping maw, condemning their souls to the oblivion within. 

In the streets of Bögenhafen, the people rushed for the city gates in a desperate bid to escape the inferno of the ever growing chaos vortex that was spreading out from the river.  The old, lame, and slow were being trampled in the riot of people jostling to escape through the gates of the town and escape.

Where hours earlier, the city had been enjoying the conclusion of the Schaffenfest festival and the joust by day, it was now condemned to a night of terror.

Outside the city, survivors were fleeing east towards Weissbruck, south towards Ubersreik, or west towards Osburg.  A few of the refuges even sought safety by the river.

One of the first boats to escape from the town, the Berebeli, was pulling up along the shore in a desperate bid to rescue a few lucky souls…

So if you missed out on the first part of this fun RPG let me invite you to take part in the continuing journeys!

With the conclusion of the Shadows over Bögenhafen, we are getting ready to launch into a new chapter of play and I wanted to open up for others to join in the fun.  This is the old Enemy Within campaign from 1st edition warhammer and we use the 2nd edition rpg rules.  The good news is that you don't need any experience with either as I attempt to handle all the tedious book keeping behind the scenes so you can focus on your character and the evolving story.

With the conclussion of the last chapter, the players are fleeing a dying city that is being consumed by the minions of chaos.  This chapter will pick up with survivors being rescued and any one that wants to join will be added in this manner.  The good news is that because of the large festival that has just ended in Bögenhafen you can have a character from almost literally anywhere in the old world.  The only bit of backstory that is needed is that you came to enjoy the wine, games, and fun of the celebration!

As far as characters go we will welcome halflings, dwarfs, and humans.  I'm afraid we already have an elf and I have chosen to put a hard limit on the number of elves as they are suppose to be rare in the Empire.  Beyond that, I'm willing to work with about any other race and career choice.

So if you are interested in joining the game feel free to reserve your spot today.

I'm willing for up to 3 more to join.  I do ask that everyone tries to post either daily or every other day.  If you know that you will be away for a few days then I just ask that you let me know so we aren't waiting on a post.  This adventure will probably run through the end of the year depending on the choices you all make to give you an idea of time committal.

Finally, and this is also for returning players, the chapter that we are moving into is less a straight narrative and more of an open ended series of short stories.  In between these adventures, we will have various lengths of time passing.  This will be good for characters that want to work odd jobs, craft, study, etc.  Hopefully this will give you a chance to really play up the character's daily lives and careers a bit.

Currently playing (Unless I'm told otherwise)

Davidolo - Igor Kaputnik (Kislevian Bounty Hunter)

Skull Krusher - Theo Hubert Edward "The Cat" (Halfling Barber-surgeon)

Hero of Rome - Alfred Creywald (Sylvanian Grave Warden)

Ben the Barman - Ottmar Burenwurschtel (Reikland Wizard)

Thunderförge - Bjovril Cogwasher (Dwarf Tinkerer)

BmoveHacker - Henie Alynson (Elf Outlaw)

#2 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 01 June 2021 - 01:52 PM

Just thought after I hit post... We will be starting this adventure on or around Tuesday, June the 15th.

#3 Skull Krusher

Skull Krusher

Skazastoki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,883 posts

Posted 01 June 2021 - 04:01 PM

As Theo watches Bogenhafen become a city of lost souls he mutters to know one in particular, "Beware the Ides of June" as he sharpens his razor and checks his sling. :)

#4 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,704 posts

Posted 01 June 2021 - 05:34 PM

So at least I was able to keep the lantern and oil which I was "rationed" ;)

#5 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 01 June 2021 - 07:06 PM

I mean, I guess you could always take it back to the town to return it.  I won't stop you.  :P

#6 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,704 posts

Posted 01 June 2021 - 07:48 PM

No thanks ;)

Also, is there even a town to go back too? is it just a ruined town in a hellish landscape warped by chaos? Or is Bogenhafen now a big scary chaos shaped hole in the ground?

Edited by Hero of Rome, 01 June 2021 - 08:41 PM.

#7 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 02 June 2021 - 12:41 AM

Shhhh!  You'll scare away potential players with your wild tales of woe and despair.  :P  ;)

As far as what is happening I'll leave that up to your imagination for the present.  You all will hear about Bögenhafen a lot going forward.  Just be aware that the repercussions of what you do/don't do have far reaching effects.  The town is just an obvious example but there are other decisions the group made that will also play a part in the unfolding story.

#8 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,704 posts

Posted 02 June 2021 - 09:12 PM

Interesante! I look forward to it.

#9 Davidolo

Davidolo

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 03 June 2021 - 10:30 AM

Igor is in!

#10 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 09 June 2021 - 02:50 PM

So far we have no one wanting to join.  Let me invite everyone again to join us!

Also, for those old hands, I still need character advancements from a few of you.  Please get those in soon so we can get started in a few days.

#11 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,191 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:10 AM

So I know I had originally said I was going to start the campaign back Tuesday.  There is still a chance that I can but it might also be Wednesday when I actually get it started.  I have send messages to 2 different people that are interested in joining and want to get them set up.  I also will be busy the next few days replacing fencing that was damaged due to trees falling and the crazy rains we have had the last few days where I live.  Anyway, just wanted to let you know what was coming.  :)

#12 LordMort

LordMort

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted Today, 09:40 AM

I am hoping to join your group of adventurers and have a few ideas for my character. Never really played 2e but am playing a lot of 4e and played 1e back in the day. :)

#13 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,704 posts

Posted Today, 02:26 PM

Welcome. Hopefully you have a good time.

#14 LordMort

LordMort

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted Today, 02:44 PM

I hope so. Any thoughts on what kind of PCs the group could benefit from adding?

#15 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,704 posts

Posted Today, 03:09 PM

I think that we have a pretty good line up. So my advice would be to play the kind of PC that you most enjoy.

#16 Skull Krusher

Skull Krusher

Skazastoki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,883 posts

Posted Today, 03:22 PM

Lord Mort, welcome aboard and have a pint of your favorite on Igor's tab, ops I mean mine. :)

#17 LordMort

LordMort

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted Today, 06:17 PM

I can see that you guys actually have a pretty solid lineup already. I was thinking about a few different ideas that could add to the mix:

- the classic Slayer, maybe with a twist

- the equally classic Thief or Rogue

- some kind of nobleman who is really out of his comfort zone

- not sure if the Warrior Priest is a thing in 2e, but if it is... :D

- could also go with the practical choice of someone with sailing skills, since you're now on a boat?

#18 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,704 posts

Posted Today, 06:52 PM

- A Slayer could be very good as I'm sure Igor would enjoy another person who loves fighting and Bjorvil would enjoy the company of another dwarf. Though if we all run away and you're left fighting that might be awkward ;)

- Thief or Rogue could work quite well. Opens up some interesting and fun shenanigans with Hennie.

- We don't have a noble character so that would add something to the group.

- Yes, the Warrior Priest is a thing in 2nd and, as a rule of thumb, they are always cool!

- Also good points for a sailor type character.

So, you have plenty of options. I would just choose pick the one that you like the most/would most enjoy playing :)

Edited by Hero of Rome, Today, 08:20 PM.

#19 LordMort

LordMort

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted Today, 07:35 PM

I guess warrior priest is the early favorite then. Would be fun to play!

#20 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,704 posts

Posted Today, 08:20 PM

It would indeed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users