4 replies to this topic

#1 Wendersnaven

Wendersnaven

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,877 posts

Posted 06 February 2021 - 02:08 AM

Hey all. Long time, no post. Life has changed a lot from the old forum days. It seems like everything is moving to Discord now a days. I am unaware if the old Brewery has an extension into Discord or a similar platform, but it's all the rage. Does anyone know if such a forum exists, or if Bugman's Founders are interested in creating a Discord channel. It seems like an efficient way to post pictures now a days, instead of using third party services like the old Photo-Bucket. I know, it's not very Dawi of me to suggest change in technology ... but the engineers have done a good job this time.

#2 silashand

silashand

Living Ancestor

• Brewery Masters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,812 posts

Posted 26 February 2021 - 06:48 PM

Hey, yeah I know what you mean. I have not heard if the Brewery has a Discord extension or not, but I can ask Bugman if he has set one up.

#3 Skull Krusher

Skull Krusher

Skazastoki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,859 posts

Posted 28 February 2021 - 11:19 PM

OK, I am an old senior grouchy dwarf luddite, WTH is a Discord extension, do I have to ask my three 13 year old daughters?  

On the flip side welcome back Wendersnaven and Silashand you may both have a pint on my tab or was that Daft's, nope mine.  I am still here and still posting in the Peacher's Corner for Dawikin you are interested in what is going on in Norsca.

Cheers.

#4 silashand

silashand

Living Ancestor

• Brewery Masters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,812 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 03:28 AM

Thanks Mate :-) 

A Discord server is basically a new forum type with integrated video calls, media and other features. It functions a lot like an instant messaging app, but you can have multiple "channels" (what we would call subforums) for each related topic. And you can use a single client to access as many as you have joined. In the pic below there are three sections:

1. the round icons on the left are all the different servers you have joined

2. the middle section is the index for the server (forum) you are currently looking at

3. the right is the chat section (subforum) you are browsing 

It's free, easy to use and anyone can setup their own server if they like.

Hope that helps!

Attached Files

#5 Bugman

Bugman

Master Dwarf Brewer

• Brewery Masters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,805 posts
Contributor

Posted 03 May 2021 - 10:30 PM

In short, no not yet.

Forum software like this seems to be a dying breed! Everyone is now on Reddit or discord or facepalm or instanotwhatta!

Modern umgi fangled thingsā€¦.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users