#1 Bugman

Bugman

Master Dwarf Brewer

• Brewery Masters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,824 posts
Contributor

Posted 23 May 2016 - 06:30 PM

How simple could you get?? Get yourself a cuppa, some biscuits and pull a chair up!

Happy watching

Bugman

#2 Cuthbo

Cuthbo

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 12:53 PM

Cheers for posting! Really helps.

I love most of the changes. I really really really really REALLY hate the change to Insane Courage (as in...no more insane courage!). I think folks underestimate how important that rule was for making combats exciting. No matter how badly you might be losing...there was always a chance (a tiny tiny chance!) That your unit might hold.

Er but apart from that, awesome!!

#3 Slembo

Slembo

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 137 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 06:45 PM

Cheers for posting! Really helps.

I love most of the changes. I really really really really REALLY hate the change to Insane Courage (as in...no more insane courage!). I think folks underestimate how important that rule was for making combats exciting. No matter how badly you might be losing...there was always a chance (a tiny tiny chance!) That your unit might hold.

Er but apart from that, awesome!!

totally agree! Insane courage is an epic rule. The quest to remove "too much" randomness by the competively oriented 9age design team sometimes feels like tugging at the spirit of a good old (friendly) warhammer bash.

keeping insane courage is houserule no 1 for me anyway:).

#4 Cuthbo

Cuthbo

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 10:55 PM

I actually played my first proper game of 9th tonight - great fun. Mostly it has been improved from 8th. Just a few things are worse.

Insane courage (obviously!)

And buildings. They don't provide nearly enough benefits and actually make the defender suffer.

Apart from those glaring errors, 9th seems really way more balanced!

(I lost really badly but it was 100% down to my opponents brilliant play!)

#5 kgkid

kgkid

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,006 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 05:55 PM

I agree on both Insane Courage and Buildings.

As far as IC goes, team behind the decision did it in an attempt to make game more tactical and less about dice. IMHO it is not possible.

One more thing I'd do differently is the ability to endlessly overrun.

But all this in mind, the game does not suffer. If you know these are the rules, you will calculate them in your games and they simply stop being a problem!

#6 Cuthbo

Cuthbo

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 10:49 PM

Yeah there is no doubt the game is good and balanced, even with a few rules I disagree with. I can always add insane courage as a house rule when playing casually!

#7 Bugman

Bugman

Master Dwarf Brewer

• Brewery Masters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,824 posts
Contributor

Posted 18 June 2016 - 11:04 PM

I think I would rather have a decent base game like 9th and then add on house rules as required, the fact the base game is so balanced and no one army is better then any other shows what a great job they have done

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users