Bugman

Master Dwarf Brewer

• Brewery Masters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,824 posts
Contributor

Posted 03 September 2015 - 11:30 PM

Hi there,

So since GW chucked the towel in and decided AoS was a better game with even more expensive space marine looking models the community has started looking elsewhere. Now there is Kings of War and Avatars of War, both sound games which are in their infancy but have the potential to go along way

For me, it's still lacking something. I love Warhammer pre end times, and TBH have had more fun in the 8th then anything else. There are quite a few community efforts going on and I applaud them all, it's not as easy as you think. So far the big ones seem to be the rewrite of 8th by the ETC and Swedish comp folks. This is a fine effort but is becoming a whole new wargame, not that is bad, but I just want a few tweaks here and there. So having searched around, the best by a country mile is Furions 8th edition rewrite and tweak project

Furions goal (amongst others) is to make all units viable with the minimum amount of tweaking to be main rule book. Furion responds to feedback and almost daily is updating his project. For those who don't know Furion, have a look around the Brewery or know that he has been heavily inved with the ETC for many years as player chairmen and referee so he kinda knows what's right and what's wrong

You can follow his progress over at TwF via this hop: http://warhammer.org...hp?f=3&t=130276

Oh did I mention also there is some 2.2c army builder files available too???

Stunning, keep up the hard work Furion!

Bugman

#2 Ozariig

Ozariig

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 07:33 AM

I took a look at the Dwarfs book and saw lots of stuff I liked. I also like his approach of marking up the actual books.

Seems like a solid effort, just needs to get some traction.

#3 Pellegrim

Pellegrim

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 06:35 PM

That looks like a better version of 8th :) 

And more fun to play also.

Great effort.

If only Furion and 9th Age just joined hands - they both reworked magic, they both mod army book ... is this another splinter?

#4 Furion

Furion

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 03:24 PM

That looks like a better version of 8th :)

And more fun to play also.

Great effort.

If only Furion and 9th Age just joined hands - they both reworked magic, they both mod army book ... is this another splinter?

I've made multiple attempts of contact, proposing various conditions of working together.

They were not interested at all.

Besides, what they are doing is creating a new game - and if I would want a new game, I would go directly to Mantic's KoW or whatever.

Thanks to everyone for their kind words, nothing is more motivating that this.

cheers

Furion

ps. new update will hit today, 8pm CET

visit www.tinyurl.com/furion9 (same link as Bugman posted)

Spoiler:

4kBb1cK.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 8th, warhammer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users