Photo

1,000Pts Karak Azul Army List - Thoughts? (Vs Skaven & O&g)

army list tactics advice o&g skaven orcs and goblins 1000 points karak azul

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Steel_Legion_Drag

Steel_Legion_Drag

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 12:15 AM

Hi all!

So I've been painting warhammer for a long time but I've never really devoted myself to a particular army.

That is about to change ;)

But I have little to no experience playing the game. I need advice!

My most common opponents will be Orcs & Goblins (my brother's army) and occasional Skaven (a friend of mine's army). I don't want to min/max my units to theirs exactly, as that wouldn't be particularly fun. I just want to know if I'm making any massive mistakes with my list, or what I could do to make them better against hordey armies in general! :)

Lords & Heroes

Thane w/ shield, Rune of Stone, Rune of Speed, Rune of Iron – 98pts

Runesmith w/ shield, Rune of Stone, Rune of Spellbreaking – 93pts

Core

19 Dwarf Warriors w/ shields, std, mus – 191pts

13 Quarrellers w/ mus – 166pts

Special

Organ Gun w/ Rune of Burning – 125pts

15 Hammerers w/ shields, std, mus – 245pts

Gyrocopter – 80pts

(The Thane would join the Dwarf Warriors and the Runesmith the Quarrellers).

#2 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 12:56 PM

First let me say congrats on selecting Karak Azul as your main hold. I personally feel that this is the best hold, but that may be because I also play Karak Azul.

Secondly, the most important thing to remember, at least in my opinion, is to play with the units that you want to play with. There is no right or wrong units, providing you follow the rules for army compilation and even those can be broken for fluff reasons among friends.

May I ask why you choose to play Karak Azul? If it was for fluff reasons I can give you a fair amount of fluff concerning the hold. At least I can give you fluff leading up to this end time garbage. I keep meaning to write an article on Karak Azul and perhaps will one day.

Finally, your list looks fine. I don't see anything glaring wrong with it. Best of luck!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: army list, tactics, advice, o&g, skaven, orcs and goblins, 1000 points, karak azul

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users