#21 Montegue

Montegue

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,756 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:58 PM

hi there! Thanks for stopping by. 

I intend to add to the Kickstarter soon. I have some questions about dwarfs in the game, if you have time to answer. 

1) I see you've got dwarves mounted on bears. Well done, sir. One of the problems with my beloved warhammer dwarves is the lack of variety in terms of unit type. If you guys come up with a bunch of different units for the army, that would be wonderful. Is that the plan?

2) Any more details on dwarf runic magic?

3) Will dwarves maintain a heavily armored, classical appearance, or are you guys shooting for a more "druidic" look, for lack of a better term? The guy on the bear looks pretty barbaric, which is cool, but I'm curious if we're still going to see stocky bricks in armor with axes and shields. 

#22 Mark of War

Mark of War

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:31 PM

Great Interview Podcast! We answer a lot of tough questions here and really get a chance to talk about more details of the game.

http://gamerslounge....-war-interview/

#23 Mark of War

Mark of War

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:32 PM

@ Montegue

We don't have any more art for the Dwarves yet but I would encourage you to check out the army section at www.markofwar.com where we have more story background from Gav. What we would love to hear is what you would like to see out of a new dwarf army. What things about the Dwarf army do you like the most you would like to see again and what things don't you like? Please let us know.

#24 Montegue

Montegue

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,756 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 04:55 PM

Sure thing. As a dwarf aficionado, there are some key elements -

1) Gruff, stubborn, strong and tough.

2) Craftsmanship. Weather that's devices of war or simply exceptional armor, weapons, etc, the classical dwarf is an artist and a warrior.

3) Unit variety. Cavalry, monstrous cavalry, maybe some dwarf crafted or controlled monsters or creations. Magic is good (And I like that you guys are giving their magic a unique feel). If dwarfs go in the inventive direction in your fluff, war chariots are cool.

4) Don't pigeon hole dwarf players into shooting to get the job done. 

#25 Throbbi Drakkaz

Throbbi Drakkaz

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 02:36 PM

hi there! Thanks for stopping by.

I intend to add to the Kickstarter soon. I have some questions about dwarfs in the game, if you have time to answer.

1) I see you've got dwarves mounted on bears. Well done, sir. One of the problems with my beloved warhammer dwarves is the lack of variety in terms of unit type. If you guys come up with a bunch of different units for the army, that would be wonderful. Is that the plan?

It's certainly the plan that we will have a good selection of units. I was never keen on adding a cavalry unit to the Warhammer army because it was part of the dwarf character that it was all-infantry. These aren't Warhammer dwarfs though, so we can start with a different dynamic to build around. The basic dwarf warrior will still be tough as nails, but we can play around with the iterations of that idea, including melee and missile troops. As well as the bears, there's been talk about more nature-related units, perhaps other types of wild animals, maybe even something elemental.

2) Any more details on dwarf runic magic?

Oggraic will be similar to the rune system from Warhammer in one way - magic item customisation. But we're hoping to do more than just beef up wargear. Oggraic items will also allow the dwarves to channel Essence and create enchantments in a similar way to other magic users, although with a dwarfen spin on things.

3) Will dwarves maintain a heavily armored, classical appearance, or are you guys shooting for a more "druidic" look, for lack of a better term? The guy on the bear looks pretty barbaric, which is cool, but I'm curious if we're still going to see stocky bricks in armor with axes and shields.

There will be less of the metal-clad tank about our dwarves, a more barbaric and druidic look, as you say. Axes and hammers will still be in abundance, but we're looking at other options that perhaps blend some concepts more normally associated with wood elves too. There will probably still be a heavy elite, but maybe with armour that's more fitting to the warriors of nature image.

Cheers for the questions,

Gav

#26 Throbbi Drakkaz

Throbbi Drakkaz

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 02:39 PM

[quote name="Montegue" post="494870" timestamp="1409331303"]

Sure thing. As a dwarf aficionado, there are some key elements -

1) Gruff, stubborn, strong and tough. [/quote]

Agreed!

2) Craftsmanship. Weather that's devices of war or simply exceptional armor, weapons, etc, the classical dwarf is an artist and a warrior.

Yes, they will definitely be artificers of the highest order.

3) Unit variety. Cavalry, monstrous cavalry, maybe some dwarf crafted or controlled monsters or creations. Magic is good (And I like that you guys are giving their magic a unique feel). If dwarfs go in the inventive direction in your fluff, war chariots are cool.

Good ideas all round, that's certainly the direction we're hoping to take things.

4) Don't pigeon hole dwarf players into shooting to get the job done. [/quote]

I'm pleased to say that I introduced the idea of the 'assault' dwarf army into Warhammer, so rest assured there will definitely be options for getting stuck in with cold iron!

Gav

#27 Montegue

Montegue

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,756 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 09:46 PM

Thank you so much for your time, Gav. Really appreciate it, and look forward to the game. I'll go drop a donation now. :) 

#28 Bugman

Bugman

Master Dwarf Brewer

• Brewery Masters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,824 posts
Contributor

Posted 30 August 2014 - 10:48 PM

Thanks Gav for the wonderful podcast and for answering our questions!

#29 asmodai

asmodai

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 07:08 AM

With Gav Thorpe name behind it I would support his endevour!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mark of war

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users