5 replies to this topic

#1 Wendersnaven

Wendersnaven

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,877 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:37 PM

Today the United States Postal Office delivered a long anticipated package to me. It was empty and the side was burst open.

I had a particularly bad day at work- so I really appreciated the post carrier placing the now empty envelope inside of my mailbox with the burst seam facing me. Insult to injury. No note. No signature. Nothing, but being written off at the post office.

I'm normally an easy going guy, after all, stuff is just stuff. This stuff (five packages of styrene brick from Dazza in England) was 20 English pounds of stuff I bought with money I don't have because it's my birthday soon and I thought it would be all right.

I hope you'll all pardon me being unclassy about this, but I'm a little upset and would like to say:

"Forget" you United States Postal Service! :mellow:

DSC00737_zps423bb06e.jpg

Edited by Wendersnaven, 04 June 2014 - 05:24 AM.

#2 Folkungen

Folkungen

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:49 PM

Bullcrap galore... Something similar happened to me when i sent my computer away for some technical malfunction. A new one was being delivered to me, took its sweet time and apparently it was marked as delivered and I had signed the drop-off. It was delivered around 14.00. I have a everyday 07.00-16.00 work so that math doesn't quite add up. Luckily me raining down a shitstorm on the manager of the delivery company rendered me a new computer. Employees stealing their costumers packages is just beyond belief... If I had the $ to spare I'd hook you up Wender. Just paid the bills though and simply cannot x)

#3 Helblindi

Helblindi

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 09:38 PM

Man that really sucks. I think the best thing to do now is keep sending complaints to the post company until they at least repay you :hope:

Also, what is the thief ever gonna do with styrene bricks? What are the odds the guy is actually gonna be a hobbyist?

#4 Grim Stoki

Grim Stoki

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:02 PM

Did you call the post office? Odds are the goods are still there, it looks like an accident...

#5 Wendersnaven

Wendersnaven

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,877 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:22 PM

Thanks for the support. I'm blowing off steam. If they lost it, that's fine- it's just material goods and they should own up to it; but there is a huge precedent in our workforce of not doing one's job. At work I rally the troops to do better and we can always narrow our problems down to two reasons- laziness, or stupidity.  It would take a lazy or stupid person to deliver a damaged, open, and empty package and that is what upsets me.

Did you call the post office? Odds are the goods are still there, it looks like an accident...

I went through the proper channels and they said they'd give me a call ... in 'small-town Wisconsin speak' that translates to "not my problem."  :hope:  It really does look like an accident, but no one can find where the mysterious 4x3x8 inches of stacked styrene sheets are.

This is the first package (out of the fifteen that I've had delivered in the past six months) that didn't have insurance or tracking. I'm going to try to forget my paranoia now and get ready to face my Cub Scouts. Nothing lika night of being called "Yes, Ma'am" to my face by bratty nine year olds to finish the day off.

Morals of the story:

1.) Use tracking at the very least.

2.) Nice guys come in last, if at all. Be are jerk and be proud.

<You are all coordially invited to join my pity party tomorrow night at 5:00p.m. where I will be exploding cans of Code Red Mt. Dew with assorted firearms ... after I weed-whack the back hill and spray for ticks, of course.>

#6 Murphey

Murphey

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 07:04 PM

Really sorry that happened to you Wen! I wish I could take you up on the pity party invite! I haven't been back home since the Christmas before last. ( Hometown is Waterford, WI)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users