4 replies to this topic

#1 Buri Erikson

Buri Erikson

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:14 PM

More ogres

For the second time in a row I have had my troops thrashed by my friend Nickolas's Ogres. This game my cannon actually managed to get some hits in but it did not change the result of the battle. Nicks Ironguts and Tyrant made a short and bloody mess of one of my warrior units while the Leadbelchers dealt foul amounts of damage to one of my ranger units. My Slayers and other unit of warriors did a number on his Ogre Brutes along wit my unit of Longbeards but they were soon scaterd by the Ironguts and Tyrant. After my Longberads were scattered The Tyrant and his Ironguts made to finish of my rangers and succeded before killing my cannon crew. Meanwhile my Remaining warriors managed to force the leadbelchers of the board with but with a few casualties. My Hammerers lead by myself BURI ERIKSON did a good number on nicks other Brute unit before coming to blows with the ironguts where it all went sour. Nicks Tyrant or should i say the ogre Tyrant nick wounded me and slew enough of my Hammeres to force them into a morale throw which they did not succeed at so they fled of the board. I also fled and was only saved by my remaining slayers running into Nicks path where they too were slain. By the end of it there was myself and a unit of Warriors left against Nicks Ironguts who were all but unscathed. As I was fleeing the board and my warriors had suffered a number of casualties I had little choice but to call a retreat. Another victory goes to those ever hungry ogres of the Mountain of Mourn. I have had enough of being defeated by Ogres I swear on my honour my beard and my ancestors that if I am defeated once more by those retched ogres I will shave my head and take up the slayer oath!! Let it be known that another 5 ogre Tyrant heads and 100 Ogre warriors slain will be the only thing that will satisfy this new slight on my honour.

#2 Rune of Might

Rune of Might

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:36 AM

What is your list in this continual Masacre? I would love to help. I know your pain, the last Tourney that I went to OK whiped my Dawi by turn 3. I suggest submitting your lists in the Barracks and getting advise on the lists. Or you can scour the Forums for advise against OK (Ogre Kingdoms)

#3 Buri Erikson

Buri Erikson

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 03:01 AM

Thank you for the advice friend. My force is over a 1000 point Throng with a Thane me Buri Erikson a Runesmith a unit of 20 Warriors a unit of Rangers a unit of 10  Hammerrers a unit of Longbeards a unit of slayers and a Cannon. My friend Nick has two Units of Ogre Brutes and sometimes another one and he is incredibly effective with his leadbelchers and his Brutes most of the time.

#4 Buri Erikson

Buri Erikson

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 03:01 AM

Do you have any recommendations from personal experience on how to deal with this?

#5 Grim1

Grim1

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:20 AM

flame cannon is brilliant v ogres.

irondrakes with 2 rune of slowness may well spoil his plans to charge your lines. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users