15 replies to this topic

#1 Denken

Denken

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 02:54 AM

Hola Fellow Dawi,

I've already tried this list against a Empire player (Fail) and a Tomb King player (Succes). I'm now supposed to fight an ogre army with an experienced player. I know he could try to avoid magic since the last time we played I was able to shut down the magic phase (But he won...).

As you'll see below I have the option of taking a Gyrocopter or another Canon. In my last game Gyrocopter was useful as it distracted the ennemy behind his line and did some damage, but now I'm afraid that it won't do much damage vs Ogre.

Heroes:

Rune smith - General, SH, RoSpellbreaking, MRo Balance. 147pts

Thane BSB- MRoGromril, RoResistance, MRoChallenge. 165pts

Core:

30 x Warrior - GW, FC. 325pts

34 x Longbeards - SH, FC, RoBattle. 458pts

Special:

Cannon - Engineer, Ro Burning, Ro Forging. 145pts

Rare:

Organ Gun - 120pts

Gyrocoptère - 140pts OR Cannon - Engineer, Ro Forging. 140pts

Total: 1500pts

What do you think?

#2 Tegnus Vagnarsson

Tegnus Vagnarsson

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 04:31 AM

I run a very similar list for my competitive 1500 point list.

I have 2 cannons (Forging on both, Burning on the second) and 2 OG's and both of my units are only 29 strong (plus I have Ro Determination on my longbeards as well, but I rarely get to use it so I have been thinking about dropping it. It's nice to have as a safety net though). Also I only have Ro Stone and 2x Spellbreakers on my Runesmith.

It's a very good list. I obliterated the Ogres I faced which included a Gutstar. I think double cannon, double OG is the way to go. But I also think the Gyro could still be a useful tool. It can fight off sabertooths and gnoblars pretty well which will keep your war machines safe and help keep spaces clear for your units. You can also use it to hold up other big units and make use of the fast-cav.-like rules it has. I just find it a little too expensive for 1500 point games.

I don't think you really need the engineers for your cannons (especially when you have the Ro Forging on both). They are nice, but they also increase the cost of your cannons which give their points away fairly often. It's worked out better for me to keep them cheaper.

#3 Meller

Meller

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 04:38 PM

My friend have ogres, he hate when i use GT with 2x rune of penetration :) remember that is multiple wounds D6, that damage a lot on a unit bulls :)

#4 Tegnus Vagnarsson

Tegnus Vagnarsson

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:32 PM

It's only D6 wounds under the centre hole, not the whole template. A GT at most can hit only 9 ogres, one of them with D6 wounds at the higher strength. The rest only take a single wound hit at the lower strength. You can usually kill 2 ogres (with a couple of wounds on another) with a good solid hit. Not that much damage really.

Edited by Tegnus Vagnarsson, 04 August 2012 - 10:35 PM.

#5 Meller

Meller

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:32 PM

"Work out hits at S4. Each wounding hit cause D6 Wounds."
p 64 en the dwarf army book. I understand that so all hits cause D6 wounds? :)

#6 Grimmus

Grimmus

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:38 PM

the faq from GW sais to ignore the grudge thrower and cannon boxes ;)

#7 Meller

Meller

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:56 PM

Where can i find them?? :S i have searce a bit :S

#8 Grimmus

Grimmus

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:04 PM

http://www.games-wor...Dwarfs_V1_3.pdf here you go sir

#9 Meller

Meller

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:39 PM

Ty, i have now read all the faqs but i can´t find the one who say i should ignore the box about the grudge :S

#10 Tegnus Vagnarsson

Tegnus Vagnarsson

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:34 PM

page 3 of the FAQ, it's the last piece of errata before the FAQ's start.

#11 Meller

Meller

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:49 PM

Damn sad :( sry for all this then :) I was sadly wrong :(
But what is then a big ogre killer? :) cause i hate playing against ogres xD

#12 Tegnus Vagnarsson

Tegnus Vagnarsson

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:19 AM

Organ guns are great.

#13 Babel Goldweaver

Babel Goldweaver

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:02 AM

I'm also struggling with OK, don't really know what works well, but I've heard that Flame Cannon with their panic-thingy can be quite effective. Never tried it my self thou, so I can't guarantee it.

#14 Meller

Meller

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:20 AM

But the organ gun have short range, and may only shot one time befor they charge, if you are very very lucky 2 times.

#15 Tegnus Vagnarsson

Tegnus Vagnarsson

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:34 AM

The Organ gun has a range of 24" that is usually the distance between the deployment zones so if they deploy right on the line, and you deploy the OG right on the line you can be shooting them right from turn 1. Don't forget you can re-roll the artillery die if it doesn't roll a misfire and if the re-roll is a misfire it does NOT have to roll on the misfire table, it just doesn't fire for the turn. With 2 OG's you can get a tonne of hits on them. I decimated a gutstar with mine. Managed to crack 3 10's and an 8 though, so that helps ;)

Also, one of their new big monsters takes halve damage from multiple wound hits, so the OG is great there too. I'd also be bringing 2 cannons, they're still very useful against ogres too.

#16 Meller

Meller

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:32 PM

hmm okay :)
im use to go in close combat with hordes of GW :) but full suporting attack is damn irritating :) but he still have problems with handling my hords :) just not that i always can get him to face that horde.. :(
But ill try run 2 organg guns against him :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ogres, 1500pts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users