4 replies to this topic

#1 Shuyin7432

Shuyin7432

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:21 PM

Good Morning,

I have just finished my army list that includes a lord for 2004pts. I was wondering if a) it is legal and B) if there are any changes you would suggest. My hope is to create an anti-magic gunline. I have brought off ebay an anvil, two cannons, two organs and about 25 hammerers as well as numerous mixed core choices which I will have to go through when it arrives to complement my force. At present these are the only models I have and I have also proxied as you will see shortly.

Premise: I am about to have next week, three games. All friendly, with a Dwarf vs High Elf 2001pts+ battle, a 2v2 dwarf/high elf vs dark elves/brettonians, and a free for all where we have to occupy somewhere by turn 6. I am planning to put my lord and hammerers with a oath stone in the middle and just survive the rest out. Anyways my list is as follows. I have at present have no other models.

The White Dwarf
26 Longbeards FC,S,GW and MR Grungi

Runesmith,GW,S, MR of Balance, Ros, and RoD
24 warriors, FC,S,GW

2x10 thunderers with M,S

2 Master Engineers (I proxied them as normal engineers upgraded)
2x Cannon (1xRoR) (1xRoR, RoF)

of that list I have 8 miners proxied as longbeards, and 6 quarrellers proxied as warriors to expand them abit. My first enemy high elves has no warmachines and also without an anvil would be useless.

In the end I hope to have 4 cannons, 2 organ, the special anvil and hammerers as the list, along with 2 runesmiths and ME's.

Many thanks for any help,
sorry if its a bit wafflely.

Richard

#2 David L

David L

White Dwarf

• Brewery Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:26 PM

Where is the lord and hammerers? Or am I just confused?

Generally an oath stone is a bad choice that gains little. The enemy does not need to flank. Oathstone is worse on a lord, who should have shield bearers. And an oath stone is even less useful in hammerers, because stubborn means they really gain little.

White Dwarf would not typically be legal; certainly I don't know where to find current rules for him. But if your friends allow him, then he's fine.

#3 Shuyin7432

Shuyin7432

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:29 PM

I don't have a lord or hammerers yet, the list that i need looking at is below; the rest i apologised for and is just background waffle, sorry again;

The White Dwarf
26 Longbeards FC,S,GW and MR Grungi

Runesmith,GW,S, MR of Balance, Ros, and RoD
24 warriors, FC,S,GW

2x10 thunderers with M,S

2 Master Engineers (I proxied them as normal engineers upgraded)
2x Cannon (1xRoR) (1xRoR, RoF)

of that list I have 8 miners proxied as longbeards, and 6 quarrellers proxied as warriors to expand them abit. My first enemy high elves has no warmachines and also without an anvil would be useless.

#4 Babel Goldweaver

Babel Goldweaver

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:07 AM

http://www.games-wor...600005a&start=5

The latest rules on the White Dwarf.

#5 Skuffi

Skuffi

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:47 AM

I don't have the book on me but I'm pretty sure that only a Runelord can use an AoD. Though I could be wrong as I've never used an AoD as of yet.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: battle, dwarfs, lords, lists, elves, army, composition, magic?, engineers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users