27 replies to this topic

#21 Hortennse

Hortennse

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:12 PM

The guys you did with shields can still be usable if you bring them as longbeards, strength 4 is plenty.

#22 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 02:53 PM

Don't let all the talk of GWs over HW/shield discourage you. I've got a unit of 30 shield warriors that I've had since last edition and I've yet to feel the need to replace them with GWs. Sure against some lists, GWs are going to be much better than Shields. These lists tend to have high Strength and be combat centered so my advice on these lists is to kill them from a distance. Against other lists with mobs of low strength, low toughness enemies then shields are better because you don't need the extra killing and a few more live dwarfs are better than a few more dead grobbi/skaven whatever.

My best advice is play what you like. As you gain experience you will learn how best to use all the forces of the dawi throng.

#23 Adadrian

Adadrian

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:56 AM

Thanks for all the advices guys, I want a all rounder team to play all different Army sizes against all different army's.

#24 Jurgen

Jurgen

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:52 PM

I never enter a battle without 3 units. 1st and foremost are my Ironbreakers, they will almost never be killed (I usually have a Lord on Shield with them). 2nd are my Thunderers, with the +1 to hit and stand a shoot reaction by the time an opponent hits your line its a fair match. 3rd is my Organ Gun, whole armies will avoid this so place it where you don't want the enemy to go ie. the flank.

I have every unit to choose from so the rest of my army is made up of whatever I feel like on the day.

Oh one more thing, If you ever verse Queek Headtaker shoot him asap.

#25 praxis

praxis

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:45 AM

Glad I found this thread. Like the OP, I'm new to Dwarfs but looking forward to building an army. Thanks for all the top tips posted.

#26 Karrak Rockhammer

Karrak Rockhammer

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:34 PM

if u dont mind im using all this advice it sounds great

#27 Adadrian

Adadrian

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:23 PM

Thanks guys, keep the great general advice for dwarfs coming in

#28 Adadrian

Adadrian

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 04:14 AM

I just purchased my 2nd cannon which I will convert into a organ gun so I'll have one cannon and one organ gun

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dwarfs, new player, beginner, newbie, noob, advice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users