#1 Thingrim Skullpipe

Thingrim Skullpipe

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:24 PM

Imperial Date 2527
The Wastes
(Topher) Chaos Warband led by the Sorcerer Ma'rg'ret (1000pt)
Watchtower scenario

The Chaos lined up, 40 Chaos Marauders in the middle, 5 Chaos knights down my left flank, Hell cannon my right, Sorcerer on disc by the Marauders. Our Dwai lined as such: The block of 25 warriors and Thane Oreksson with Great Axes in the centre, cannons either side, Runesmith Runebeard with the Quarrelers to their right.

​The warriors advanced towards the chaos, the Quarrelers and cannons firing at the Marauders. The Knights flanked down the left to behind a small ruin. Marauders moved toward the watchtower in the middle of the board, while the Sorcerer clutched it's head and the disc it was standing on glided forwards into the woods, and the Sorcerer caught a thick set branch to the face. With a monumental crack, the Daemon engine fired, and to the dismay of our brothers, the blast landed dead in the middle of the warrior-kin. The blast claimed 17 of our kin, and though they held their ground, the warriors shall hate the Chaos kin for the rest of their days.

The knights flanked around to take the left cannon, after one of their number was claimed by the jagged ruins. The Quarrelers took chunks from the chaos-engine, claiming one of those who are not remembered. The Marauders moved to within striking distance of the tower, and once again the Sorcerer stumbled blindly forward. The knights carried on to butcher the crew of the remaining cannon, as the Quarrelers fired again at the Large warband, making no noticeable difference. Again the Hellcannon fired,taking another clutch of Dawi down.

The Marauders moved into the tower, and the Sorcerer finally broke free of it's mindlock. Having down this it ghosted round and cast a most despicable spell, and displaying it's total disregard for it's own life, put uncontained energy into it, dragging 7 Quarrelers into the demonic abyss. The Knights continued into the Quarrelers, butchering them slowly. The Daemon engine careened into the remaining warriors, they bravely faced it, but were doomed from the start.

On this day, though none ran from the battle, the Standard Bearer and Runesmith only lived to tell their brothers of this savagery. Let it be known that on this day, a new chapter was begun in the Grudge Book of Karak Utumdir under the rein of King Stromni Skullbreaker, with special hatred reserved for the Daemon cannon, brought to life by the hated magycks of the unknown kin.

#2 Targ Ironfist

Targ Ironfist

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:01 PM

2 Cannons are probably too much for such a small format.

You did not snipe the hellcannon or you were just unlucky?

#3 gortock grimblade

gortock grimblade

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:04 PM

nicely written

#4 Lord Bear

Lord Bear

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:55 PM

Yes it was

#5 Thingrim Skullpipe

Thingrim Skullpipe

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:14 PM

Hey guys, I've been gone a while I realise, but thanks for the comments, I'm glad you liked my writing style! :thank_you2:

@ Targ Ironfist The list has since grown and changed but the cannons were immediately swapped for GT with runes of Penetration after this battle. Since this time my 'Throwers have always been more or less accurate, while whenever I use cannons again, I always overshoot or under bounce so I guess an ancestor is trying to tell me the old ways are best!

#6 Thingrim Skullpipe

Thingrim Skullpipe

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:27 AM

Imperial Date 2532, Two years into the rein of King Ranfrid Stoutbrow.
The Badlands
(Pete) Tomb Kings Legion led by the High Liche Priest Hekhet-mal (2500pt)
Meeting Engagement scenario

The Desert Lords positioned around a Chaos Shrine, Hekhet-mal and his Archers on the shrine itself. His chariots positioned to his right of the shrine, Tomb Prince Antarhak and the seven deep skeleton block in front of the shrine alongside the Tomb Guard with Tomb Prince Tekhenesmet. Then the Hierotitan and Necrosphinx on their middle left, with the remaining Archers facing off against the Thunderers. Our Dawi lined as such: The block of 25 warriors and Thane Oreksson with Great Axes on the Left flank covering the cannon behind them, in reaction to the chariots. King Ranfrid sat in the Ironbreaker unit centre of the board, a block of Slayer kin sat to their right, their flank protected by arcane ruins. Runesmith Runebeard with the Quarrelers sat in the Tower, covering the board with their long range power. Finally Runesmith Stoneheart sat on the far right with Thunderers, hoping to draw a unit far enough so as not to impact the battle.

​The chariots charge into the Longbeards, but are quickly put down as thought they were simply old oak tree waiting to be cut down. The Thunderers moved forward to duel with the archers opposite them, which they did for the rest of the battle, the Quarrellers sat back in a tower, utilising their superior range over the skeletal archers, and both of these units allowed the Runesmiths to deny the dastardly magics for most of the game. The slayers held a charge against the Tomb Guard, which they kept going for over half the battle, them lacking the attacks to kill enough of the dishonoured Dawi, and our warriors unable to kill enough to crumble them.

An undoubtedly high point of the battle was when King Ranfrid single handedly, took on, survived and beat the Hierotitan in a single round! The Longbeards had by then charged the deep block of skeletons, which they hacked most of the way through, before taking a flank charge from the Necrosphinx. The Grudge Throwers having mixed results, with the one with Rune of Accuracy always missing, and this was compounded by the cannon proving up to its usual temperamental state by misfiring for most of the battle, and overshooting the rest of the time. Due to a cruel twist of fate, what looked like a promising battle, soon took a turn for the worse when Desiccation was cast upon the Longbeards, reducing them to no better than old humans, too weak to swing an axe even. Unsurprisingly, they did not live to life another pint in this mortal realm, though may they drink long with their ancestors!

This left the battlefield centred upon the Ironbreakers. They took a charge from the revitalised and replenished Tomb Guard, and the Necrosphinx. The rest remaining skeleton warriors marched along the back, slaying the cannon crew as they defended their artillery piece to the last. By a similar stroke of evil, the Ironbreakers suffered the same fate as the Longbeards, Being reduced in strength of limb and of gut until they were little better than goblins, a fate worse than Death indeed!

As dusk drew in and the Princes of the desert returned to their hated lairs, we remember the dead today, and we pen new grudges, a tale of the woes caused by the Thrice cursed Witch-Priest who laid the way for our noble Dawi to be struck down. The name of Hekhet-mal shall be remembered and reviled in the halls of Utumdir, another name to be carved upon the Wall of Foes.

#7 Alur Dawi Zharr

Alur Dawi Zharr

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:27 AM

Very interesting battles, I cannot wait to here your hold finally avenging them. I myself have recently lost my Thane Lokenn Snoriksonn for the for rest time in battle to an experienced UK orc player. The battle was more or less a draw as he his Black Orc Warlord Gurge was slain for the first time in all the years that the player has owned him, plus his green skins suffered many more casualties than I did.

#8 Alur Dawi Zharr

Alur Dawi Zharr

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:31 AM

Oh I might also add that it is interesting serving players have such mixed results with cannons. I myself in my time playing as Dawi have had a good time using cannons as they usually hit a target and rarely miss. Thus far none have exploded either which is good by t for you it seems the ancestors are trying to send you a message to stick to the old ways my friend. Good luck in avenging your grudges and play well Tromm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users