Photo

Your chance to own Kadrin Drakk (incl. pics)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

#1 Thorindil

Thorindil

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 17 July 2005 - 07:42 PM

Hello all,

After thinking long and hard Iíve decided to sell my Dwarf army to clear shelf space for a new one. I've used the army for quite a while and had lots of fun building and playing it, and I've won my fair share of Best Painted Army awards with them. A 2000 pt army of it has been featured in UKWD 292 (USWD 291).
But now it's time to build a new Dwarf force in anticipation of the new army book. That means you now have a chance to own the whole of Kadrin Drakk, and not just the part that was featured in White Dwarf. That means a full 4000 pt Dwarf army, painted to a high standard.

As patrons of Bugman's you have the first option of buying it, as I'd like to see them end up in good hands. If the buyer is a member of these forums, he or she will also be entitled to my custom rank: Lord of Kadrin Drakk.

The army has been slowly built over a number of years and includes enough troops and characters to build a 4000 pt Dwarf army, so you have plenty of choice when it comes to building an army for a normal game.
The auction also includes movement trays finished with snowy edges for the whole army, the display base on which it was featured in White Dwarf and an objective for capture scenarios. I will also include the plasticised army lists I used at tournaments if requested.

Interested buyers can contact ME at: stijssen@gmail.com

The army includes:
IPB Image

Characters

Thorindil Grimbeard himself. This is the model I've used as my general most of the time. He is equipped with a great weapon and is based on the Ungrim Ironfist model. The crest was removed and replaced by a Dragon to symbolise his rulership of Kadrin Drakk.
Leif Thorinsson. This is my other Lord model, that I use when I want to arm my general with a hand weapon and a shield. Leif is Thorindil's brother and serves Kadrin Drakk with distinction. The model is a conversion of King Alrik, with the left arm repositioned to hold a shield.
Durin Ironmane. A long time veteran, Durin bears the Royal Standard in battle. This conversion is based on the limited edition battle standard, with a converted banner.

IPB Image

Runesmiths. Kadrin Drakk is protected from evil magics by three Runesmiths. Two of them are armed with great weapons, and one with a hand weapon. Each of them carries a shield.

IPB Image

Thanes. Smaller expeditions will be led by the Thanes of Kadrin Drakk. They are armed with great weapons and shields.

IPB Image

Units

Warriors.
The first line of defence of Kadrin Drakk is formed by the Warrior Clans.

IPB Image

There are three units of 25 Warriors in the army. Two of them are armed with hand weapons and shields, the other with great weapons. Each unit includes a full command group.

Clan Drakk
IPB Image

Anvil Guard
IPB Image

Brewers' Guild
IPB Image

Each warrior unit has been converted to convey the Norse Dwarf theme. Each warrior has been given a greenstuff fur cloak:
IPB Image

Crossbows
The Stonemasons' Guild provides long range firepower to the army. It consists of a unit of 16 Crossbowdwarfs, armed with shields. The unit includes a full command group.

IPB Image

Thunderers
What selfrespecting Dwarf army would leave their hold without a solid base of Thunderers? Kadrin Drakk is no different, and it includes a full complement of 3 units of 10 Thunderers armed with shields. In addition, there are 2 champion models with a brace of pistols, for a total of 32 Thunderers.

IPB Image
IPB Image

Miners
Every Dwarf hold has an extensive labyrinth of mines. Sometimes they will come up to fight in battles as well. Kadrin Drakk includes a unit of 16 of them, with a full command group:

IPB Image

Ironbreakers
When the Miners are fighting elsewhere, the Mines are protected by the Ironbreakers. The army includes a unit of 20, with full command.

IPB Image

Slayers
Kadrin Drakk includes a unit of 20 Slayers, led by two Giant Slayers: Borri and Smakki.

IPB Image

Warmachines
Kadrin Drakk has a total of 5 warmachines at its disposal. A deadly Flame Cannon, a Stone Thrower, a Cannon and 2 Bolt Throwers.

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

#2 Mountain-Breaker

Mountain-Breaker

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 17 July 2005 - 10:46 PM

how much r u asking for such a beautifully painted army.

#3 rimfrost

rimfrost

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 July 2005 - 11:04 PM

im interested pm ME with a price

#4 ryondaahl

ryondaahl

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 12:17 AM

I'd really love to buy that army, but at the moment I could not pay for what it is worth. I would not settle for anything under Ä1000 Thorindil...

#5 Yorri&Gottry

Yorri&Gottry

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 05:52 AM

Superb, and can you pm the price, thanks...

#6 Burlok Blackaxe

Burlok Blackaxe

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 09:23 AM

oh my god Ihave the white dwarf issue with these guys in it, and there are new units in it , how much do you want for this beautiful army.

#7 Gotrek the slayer

Gotrek the slayer

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 06:06 PM

it is the most sublime, beautifully painted and modelled army i have ever seen. it makes ME ashamed of my own collection! much as i would love to buy it, i severly doubt i can afford anywhere near value of those fantastic dwarves and would not pay a penny less!
the basic troops are better painted than my dwarf lord and more heavily converted than my BSB for crying out loud! :oops: :(

#8 spite

spite

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 06:34 PM

As always great stuff, Thorondil though why is it that this Dwarf Army looks a lot better than your High Elves(Bar the Griffon)? Anyway a quick question any chance of telling US how you did that awesome cloth, I'm guessing its building up form Dark Flesh to Commando Khaki or something abouts that?

#9 Thorindil

Thorindil

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 06:53 PM

Well, mr Spite, I couldn't say why. I guess the visual theme running through my Dwarf army is a lot better than my Elven army. Plus, my Elves have very few conversions in the rank and file models. If you get up close and look at the detail work, I have become a better painter, but my Dwarfs are still my favourite army as well.

As for the cloth: basecoat "I swear too much" brown, highlight in 4 stages or so to bleached bone by mixing in more and more bleached bone. Final highlight is bleached bone mixed with a little skull white.

#10 longbeard balinor

longbeard balinor

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 08:06 PM

How much for them. I probably can't afford them but would be interested to know. How did you do the cloaks by the way?

#11 Naghaz

Naghaz

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 04:53 PM

I have two potential buyers for your army. My group is made up completely of professionals that have little time for gaming and none at all for painting. As such they are used to commissioned armies and prepainted ones of high quality. We have three armies in our group painted by various Golden Demon winners for example.

In other words, we understand what goes into armies such as this, and are willing to pay the premium such armies demand. We even have a paypal business account for this purpose, it's over 5 years old with perfect feedback.

Shoot ME an email and WE can negotiate price. I look forward to hearing from you.

#12 Belar

Belar

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 04:19 AM

Incredible, truely incredible!

#13 Dargon

Dargon

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 12:46 AM

A magnificent and truley inspirational force!

The Crossbowdwarfs in particular are a great example of ingenuity (using Empire Freecompany parts for the crossbows), and I particularly like the Thane converted from Thorgrim Grudgbearer.

Seeing this force in White Dwarf inspired ME to completely remodel my army - though GW prices inspired ME not to cry.png . Still, my plans are still there and now, with the new Dwarf models coming in Xmas and a little added income, my plans may yet come to fruition.

All inspired by this force - an army that truely showcases how good the Dwarfs can be. Anytime I make plans for my Dwarfs I will be looking to this Army in White Dwarf for inspiration.

Just a thought...

#14 Valhallan

Valhallan

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 02:30 AM

I think what is nice about this army is that the converions and style of painting, the snow, everything about it just makes the dwarves seem shorter in my opinion. If you look at dwarves not against any other modle they don't look as short but you've managed to make them look short no matter where they are and thats one thing that makes your army stand out. Also it's a very nice dark toned theme.

#15 Thorindil

Thorindil

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 04:37 PM

And WE have a winner! The army will be moving to its new owner soon.

Thank you all for the kind words.

#16 CobaltEarthgem

CobaltEarthgem

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 04:54 PM

If you don't mind the questions....

Who

and

How much?

#17 Naghaz

Naghaz

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 02:42 PM

If you don't mind the questions....

Who

and

How much?

Sander is likely hesitent to answer this question so I will.

I purchased Kadrin Drakk and am extraordinarily excited about it! As for how much...well, let's just say WE are both happy with the sale so it was enough, but not too much smile.gif

I'll post more in the near future regarding the armies future, as well as a bit about myself. I plan on making Bugman's a new "home away from home" as it were and look forward to taking part in the excellent community here.

#18 Bugman

Bugman

Master Dwarf Brewer

• Brewery Masters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,659 posts
Contributor

Posted 02 August 2005 - 12:00 PM

Hello

I am glad it has found a new decent owner, welcome to the brewery

Bugman

#19 Naghaz