http://forum.bugmans...pic.php?p=84229

#2 Rik Riorik

Rik Riorik

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 02:28 PM

Yuri you pirceless sack of potatoes*, this is excellent! I really like that you are recording all that happens to your Dwarfs, a dream many of [warhammertag127]US[/warhammertag127] doubtless have but few of [warhammertag127]US[/warhammertag127] fulfill. And where better to record it than at the Brewery.

*I assure you that it should be taken as a compliment.

#3 Magni Flamebeard

Magni Flamebeard

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,209 posts
Contributor

Posted 07 May 2005 - 11:16 AM

Brilliant! That was excellent reading. The timeline of your fortress recorded in meticulous detail is wonderful to see. Well done!

I take it these are results from your battle reports. If so, then congratulations again, you have won many a battle! If not, then congratulations anyway on this brilliant piece of work!

#4 Yuri

Yuri

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 11:27 AM

Thanks guys. I never expected anyone to enjoy my writing.

@ Grimgar
Yes. Those are battle results. As you can tell I am having a little trouble with that dragon… and being double-charged by cavalry.

#5 Yuri

Yuri

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 12:01 PM

I'll be adding all updates to the original message.

#6 longbeard balinor

longbeard balinor

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 12:07 PM

That is great - bit of bad luck thee though

#7 Yuri

Yuri

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 04:16 AM

I've been working on some more fluff for my army. I'll try to post it soon.

#8 Magni Flamebeard

Magni Flamebeard

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,209 posts
Contributor

Posted 17 May 2005 - 09:39 AM

It seems that you are doing well against the greenskins. That Dragon sounds like a real thorn though! Maybe a cannon instead of the Organ Gun wouldn't go amiss...

Keep up the excellent work!

#9 D_Wanderer

D_Wanderer

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 07:39 AM

Great work! grin.png

Let [warhammertag83]ME[/warhammertag83] offer you a big pint of ale for your work.

Cheers!

Let your saga forever grow to match that of great book in Karak-a-Karak. wink.gif

#10 Daft

Daft

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,878 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 04:46 AM

Wow!! How have I missed this post before. That is amazing. I am so jealous. Keep it up.

#11 Thunderer

Thunderer

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,572 posts
Contributor

Posted 26 May 2005 - 05:54 AM

Wow... I was beat here by Daft, again. Dang him [warhammertag56]HE[/warhammertag56] surfs in Cali while I work nights in Iraq, there is no justice in this cruel world. Great history, I might have to try this when I get back and settle into a stable army. Up until now I have always changed my list from battle to battle learning each unit.

#12 Daft

Daft

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,878 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 06:05 AM

Yuri, do you update this with every battle you play or just when you can? Either way, that is amazing.

To Thunderer:
I'm not a surfer. I never much liked the sand. By the way, how's the sand in your parts?

#13 Yuri

Yuri

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 11:58 AM

I hope to continue to describe every battle. As you can see, I am new to the hobby, so all the battles took place in the last 2-3 month. Which makes [warhammertag83]ME[/warhammertag83] a little worried about the size of this post…what is it going to look like "as my beard grows". So far it’s 12 single-spaced pages long (the book, not the beard grin.png ). I wonder if there is a maximum limit to the size of a message [warhammertag132]WE[/warhammertag132] can post?

I’ve added little notes to explain what happened in “real life” that may not be evident from the chronicles.

#14 Bran Irongrip

Bran Irongrip

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 09:11 AM

Wow! Amazing, wish I had the commitment to do something like this. 8)

I think Grimgar (or was it Orcslicer :? ) discovered that there is a maximum post length, no quite sure how large it is though :roll:

#15 Orcslicer

Orcslicer

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,415 posts
Contributor

Posted 27 May 2005 - 09:36 AM

It was Grimgar that found it first. Something around 18 pages I think it was. Actually, that means i'm not sure if I can fit the saga of Drokki Hirndour in one article in the library :shock:. It looks like Grimgar had to split it up into smaller chunks...

#16 Magni Flamebeard

Magni Flamebeard

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,209 posts
Contributor

Posted 28 May 2005 - 04:21 AM

It's okay if you use pages. I was able to post around 11,000 words in one page, roughly 18-19 pages. That's alot, so you should be okay for a while to come Yuri.

#17 vedran šoštarić

vedran šoštarić

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 11:09 AM

This is amazing, you are a true gamer in hart, Hura, I am reading that at work so there were lots of interaptions but you made my day looking a bit nicer thank you, for a wonderful history, you inspired [warhammertag83]ME[/warhammertag83] to tray the same, please post pictures of models, I would like to see that, my army is a part of trade convoy from Karak-Vlag. :twisted:
Our hold wasn’t taken, everybody and everything just vanished. :?:

#18 Magni Flamebeard

Magni Flamebeard

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,209 posts
Contributor

Posted 31 May 2005 - 10:54 AM

Karak Vlag no longer exists in the material world. It was taken over by daemons after the Chaos Dragon Gaulrach slew most of the Dwarfs there and saturated the hold with magic.

My own hold, Kazad Grim, was founded by some of the survivors of that ill-fated hold.

I'll take this oppurtunity to encourage Yuri to keep up the good work! Did your Dwarfs autobreak from the Undead eh?

#19 Yuri

Yuri

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 11:58 AM

Yes, they auto broke. For some reason though, I am not as worried about the undead anymore. I’ve fiddled with my army list a little and I am sure I can give them a proper beating next time around. My main mistake was not finishing off his units while I had a chance (I’ve spread heavy damage around his army and thought it would do the trick… of course I’ve never played undead before). Luckily, the game I played was not the part of the campaign going on in the club. I wonder, how this battle would have gone if it was a campaign game (smaller size (with 2 victories I am still at about 1300 points), army composition, magic and heroes are minimally adjusted). I believe I would be at an advantage because usually only one hero is allowed… unless [warhammertag56]HE[/warhammertag56] has a territory that permits him to have a second hero.

#20 vedran šoštarić

vedran šoštarić

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 01:46 PM

Confortation has a very interesting dwarf Army that is all mutated, so maybe similar army will emerg from imatterial Karak Vlag... Who knows what the future brings...

Grimgar Thunderhammer & Yuri
so [warhammertag132]WE[/warhammertag132] are a distant kin...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users