#21 Orcslicer

Orcslicer

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,415 posts
Contributor

Posted 22 February 2005 - 11:55 AM

2000pts. And they're all painted to some degree, but my first attempts were absolutley terrible (I was 10). So i'm very very slowly re-doing them all.

And i don't get to use much of my dwarfs. All my mates got sick of [warhammertag83]ME[/warhammertag83] trouncing them every time [warhammertag132]WE[/warhammertag132] played! So mainly i use empire these days. (Can't beat a dwarf though!)

#22 Durgrim Ironbeard

Durgrim Ironbeard

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 12:03 PM

:shock: You play more empire than with dwarves? [-X Grumble.

Thats no good. You should get a bigger force and start trouncing even more people with the mighty bearded ones! grin.png

I'm terrible at motivating myself to paint. Still am almost done now!
About 20 models to go. Should be finished by 2007 laugh.gif

#23 Orcslicer

Orcslicer

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,415 posts
Contributor

Posted 22 February 2005 - 12:06 PM

I can't get anyone to play [warhammertag83]ME[/warhammertag83] dwarfs, like i said. I TROUNCE them.
And yes I should get some more, but then i need to get some opponents. I'd do Tournys, if i could afford them (50 a ticket!?!)

#24 Durgrim Ironbeard

Durgrim Ironbeard

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 12:13 PM

Get some more players to play you then!

That or let your friends do a bit better, before trouncing them again! grin.png

50 a ticket. Blimey. Never used to be like that in my day! haha

#25 Durgrim Ironbeard

Durgrim Ironbeard

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 04:33 PM

The next part of the saga of Karaz Grong is now ready to be read in the usual place! grin.png

#26 Maxxev

Maxxev

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 04:39 PM

Apparently there is going to be a dwarf campaign next sommer, get your dwarves out then and do some trouncing in the name of the dawi

#27 Durgrim Ironbeard

Durgrim Ironbeard

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 05:00 PM

Cool. Where did you hear this from?

A campaign in summer would be great! Plus it could mean new models and/or troops! grin.png

#28 Rik Riorik

Rik Riorik

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 07:23 PM

QUOTE(Maxxev)
Apparently there is going to be a dwarf campaign next sommer, get your dwarves out then and do some trouncing in the name of the dawi

As far as I have been able to glean from the sporadic things one hears on the net it seems nothing more than a unsubstantiated rumour. The most I know is that someone has petitioned the [warhammertag52]GW[/warhammertag52] boards and asked for how many would find a dwarf camapaign for the retrieving of Vala-Azrilungol (Karak Eight Peaks) interesting.

I've heard nothing but someone here saying that there would be a campaign but where [warhammertag56]HE[/warhammertag56]/she got it from remains to be seen.

#29 Maxxev

Maxxev

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 10:16 AM

i read it on portent from the nuronberg games thingy, i cannot vouch for its realism, thats why i put APPARENTLY

#30 Durgrim Ironbeard

Durgrim Ironbeard

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 10:29 AM

An unlikely one then!

But retaking Vala-Azrilungol would be the best thing to happen for the dwarves in several centuries if it happened! grin.png
I've always liked this hold and always thought about writing campaigns to retake it, since i started playing dwarves.

Unfortunately its a bit unlikely. *sigh* But [warhammertag132]WE[/warhammertag132] can always hope. [-o<

#31 Maxxev

Maxxev

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 10:34 AM

well they are going to realease plastic dwarves, theoretically they will have a campaign, that at least includes dwarves to release them for.

The Skaven are getting new plastics, Lizard cold-one riders, the High elves too, OK and chaos warriors already done, WE are supposed to be out in summer 2005 so it is VERY likely that [warhammertag132]WE[/warhammertag132] will see FOUR races in plastic next year... so i think that it is very likely that dwarves will be one of them

Bear in mind also the campaign mentioned was a HISTORICAL campaign so the dwarevs would not get a chance to re-take eight peaks :-(

#32 Durgrim Ironbeard

Durgrim Ironbeard

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 10:40 AM

Historical is no good. It will probably just be based around Duregar and Belegar then! When one come to the aid of the other.

There would be little point in doing this, as the history is already written. Nothing will change.

But more plastic dwarves would be great. A new troop type would be cool too! grin.png

#33 Rik Riorik

Rik Riorik

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 11:13 AM

It wouldn't be totally meaningless. For those of [warhammertag127]US[/warhammertag127] whom have their Dawi hail from the Queen of the Silver Depths it could prove a nice way to flesh out the fluff.

#34 Durgrim Ironbeard

Durgrim Ironbeard

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 11:25 AM

Thats a good point Rik. Gnollengrom to you and have a beer.

Plus it will be good to re-live a past glory. Kind of. Well the strengthening of the dwarves holding that small part of the Eight Peaks. grin.png

Does anyone remember the scenario from the last dwarves army book? It was based around the battle of getting the dwarves from the outside world through a big gate to meet up with those inside.

Quite a tricky game to win.

EDit - Ooooh, just a thought; maybe [warhammertag132]WE[/warhammertag132]'ll get models of Duregar and Belegar? grin.png grin.png

#35 Maxxev

Maxxev

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 11:48 AM

not likely i dont see [warhammertag52]GW[/warhammertag52] doing models for a Historical campaign, that will not be used for other things, but there might be a LTD edition dwarf (PS NOT A RUMOUR, JUST SPECULATION)

#36 Durgrim Ironbeard

Durgrim Ironbeard

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 11:51 AM

Well i think lots of people on here would buy them! I know i would grin.png

Plus people could use them for lord models or thanes, dont have to be used as the characters exactly.
Plus theres the lovely possibiliy of conversions! tongue.gif

#37 Durgrim Ironbeard

Durgrim Ironbeard

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 01:32 PM

The next part for the saga of the retaking of Karaz Grong has been put in preacher corner, under the title of 'The test of mettle and metal'.

The battle to gain entrance into Karaz Grong has started. grin.png

#38 Durgrim Ironbeard

Durgrim Ironbeard

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 28 February 2005 - 05:13 PM

The 7th installement of the saga has just been posted in preacher corner.

Bit of build up before the next battle. tongue.gif

#39 Magni Flamebeard

Magni Flamebeard

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,209 posts
Contributor

Posted 01 March 2005 - 10:18 AM

They're good stories people, be sure to read them!

If they did a historical Karak Eight Peaks campaign then I'm sure they would bring out rules for Duregar and Belegar, and appropriate models, or at least conversion tips.

As a side note, has anybody read the 6th edition O&G army book? THE MOST ridiculous fluff ever. There is a really gay story about that Skarsnik Goblin Lord or whatever that lives around Eight Peaks. He overpowers like ten Dwarfs BY HIMSELF, and manages to lay waste to Duergars' army with ease. He pretty much destroyed an army by himself! I don't know if anyone knows the story I'm talking about, but it's been bugging [warhammertag83]ME[/warhammertag83] for a while and it had to explode outta [warhammertag83]ME[/warhammertag83] sometime :twisted: :twisted:

#40 Durgrim Ironbeard

Durgrim Ironbeard

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 10:47 AM

I think thats the battle of the East gate. Possibly? :?

I seem to remember him using foor of Gork on Duregars army. Makes my blood boil when thinking about it. :evil:

But Duregars army made it through and Belegar came out of the Karak eight Peaks and they fought off the goblins and made it inside safe! Realyl a victory for the dwarves that day, all be it a small one! tongue.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users