You have probably noticed a subtle change to the books' names, and to their first page.
The books are no longer labelled as "alpha", "beta" and "gold".
There are several reasons for this change.
One is that the arrival of 3.0 will open a testing phase for all books, LAB or not.
Secondly, since many tournaments and players use the "beta" versions, we think it makes sense to label them as official.
Also, since the "alpha" versions are open to public testing, it's not strictly correct to call them alpha.
So here are the new names for the various versions of the army books:
- Initial: used for books which have not yet been selected to become a LAB.
- Frozen: This is the same Initial AB, except that now, it is being processed to become a LAB. That old version will not change anymore, not even during the yearly Balance Patch. However, it will remain available until a Stable document replaces it definitively.
- Public-Test: formerly alpha. This is an unstable document in the early stages of the LAB process, undergoing frequent and radical changes impacting rules, points, entries and model usage.
- Released: formerly beta. This is the first "official" version of the document during the LAB process. There will be occasional changes impacting mainly rules and points, but not fundamentally altering units.
- Stable: formerly gold. This document has completed the LAB process, and will only change during the yearly balance patch, usually impacting only points and other army construction details.
- Review: used temporarily for books that are undergoing the yearly balance patch process through their different versions.
We feel that this is the kind of information that a community -driven project owes to you.
On behalf of T9A management.
View the full article