#1 Thoric

Thoric

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 14 January 2023 - 04:54 PM

Hail, Dwarf-Brothers! 

I would like to ask you an unbiased opinion. In my game group we all decided to stick to 6th edition, because we all agree that is the most balanced edition. But we have a problem about Dwarfs. Should we use the 2000 Army Book or the one of 2005? Of course as a Dwarfs player I would like to use the 2005 book. But I don't want to be biased. I noted that the book looks absolutely 6th edition. The books for the 7th edition have the Army List in the end of the book, not on the middle, it includes the special characters, and the font of the writing is different. But I would like to know different opinions.
Please, let me know what do you think about.

#2 Kallstrom

Kallstrom

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 15 January 2023 - 11:21 AM

Greetings!

Generally the former book was designed with 6th edition in mind, and while the latter book also came out during 6th it was during the later stages and it was probably slightly designed with 7th edition in mind, if I remember correctly.

There are some key differences between the two books, but it seems that most people tend to lean towards that the standard is to use the first book. However, I think you should use the book that you want to use. Both books are legit to use, it is just that the 2005 book is a little stronger in some aspects.

#3 Thoric

Thoric

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 16 January 2023 - 10:28 AM

Greetings!

Generally the former book was designed with 6th edition in mind, and while the latter book also came out during 6th it was during the later stages and it was probably slightly designed with 7th edition in mind, if I remember correctly.

There are some key differences between the two books, but it seems that most people tend to lean towards that the standard is to use the first book. However, I think you should use the book that you want to use. Both books are legit to use, it is just that the 2005 book is a little stronger in some aspects.

You are right. In GW they were playtesting the 7th edition in the very times they were writing the 2005 book. If we want to stick to the 6th edition, I think my friends are right in asking me to use the 2000 army book. (sigh! :lol: )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users