Photo

Groth One-Eye Rune - Have We Got It Wrong?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 thorpyuk

thorpyuk

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 29 June 2022 - 12:15 PM

Hi All,

So i've been thinking a lot about MRO Groth One Eye.. for 75 points provides a 12" bubble conferring stubborn on everything inside it.

The majority of posters seem to imply they put that rune onto a unit of hammerers, and that would make sense as they are pretty much the only unit that gives a 75 point banner allowance - Ironbreakers, Irondrakes, Slayers and Longbeards all allow for a 50pt allowance.

My issue is that Hammerers are already stubborn, and hence do not benefit from the banner... surely a better idea would be to put it onto a BSB, and then the BSB into, say, a unit of GW warriors?

You might then cover pretty much your whole army if you move the hammerers onto the flank, along with something else stubborn or unbreakable on the other flank - slayers maybe?

Am I missing something - thoughts?

#2 Zidane_blade

Zidane_blade

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 30 June 2022 - 08:03 AM

You could certainly put it on the BSB, I think the issue is he'll be pretty vulnerable. By putting it on the hammerers SB, it takes more wounds to take down. While the BSB will only have two 2+ saves.
It IS duable, but he would need to be protected, either by being in a bunker unit behind the lines, or in the second rank with, prefereably one or two other characters.
IMO

#3 thorpyuk

thorpyuk

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 01 July 2022 - 06:35 AM

That's a fair shout.. would probably mean loading runes onto the Thane. I guess it depends on your list too. I might run an infantry list for my next battle and test it out

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users