• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Graxlar1

Graxlar1

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 December 2021 - 05:42 PM

Hi all, long time no see.  I have been gone since AoS launched, and recently a friend of mine and I decided to get back into Fantasy.  We are planning to start with 8 to re-familiarize ourselves with the base mechanics.

Now onto my question,  What would be the best Army Builder for Dwarfs in 8th edition?   I was going to try Battle Scribe since it is free, and it has 8th on it,  but then discovered that the software is bugged in that you can't put Master Banner runes without getting a validation error.  plus I saw it is missing some banner runes for the BS.

An additional question outside of the standard,  how can I use Banner of Lost Holds?  I see that it is listed as an heirloom, rather than a runic banner.  Which the way I read it means it exceeds the allowed point cost for a Thanes heirloom allotment.

#2 Bugman

Bugman

Master Dwarf Brewer

• Brewery Masters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,926 posts
Contributor

Posted 24 December 2021 - 10:58 PM

Hi,

I used to use (for iOS) the Quartermaster program. If you have a PC, the original army builder 2.0 I believe has 8th edition data file somewhere.

Failing that, you can edit the BattleScribe data to fix the problem

For that banner, it’s a bit of an odd one. Technically it’s only available to a slayer unit if you take Ungrim. However we house ruled it that a Dwarf BSB could take any magic banner (unlimited).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users