Jump to content


Photo

Death On The River Play Thread


  • Please log in to reply
502 replies to this topic

#41 LordMort

LordMort

    Dwarf Warrior

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 23 June 2021 - 08:16 AM

This might be a good way to bond with his new adventuring party, Lothar decides. "I'm in as well - let's see if Sigmar has my back on this too."

 

[OOC: Playing dice with Igor and Alfred.]

 



#42 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

    Dwarf King

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 23 June 2021 - 01:01 PM

The captain nodded at Theo and was about to reply when he turned and saw an impromptu game of dice breaking out.

“By thunder,” he roared. “Ye lubbards best be seeing to the riggings if we be getting to Weissbruck. Ye can be playing dice when we be under sail.

#43 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

    Dwarf King

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 23 June 2021 - 01:02 PM

OOC: how many rounds are you wanting to play and I will get them rolled out?

#44 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

    Dwarf King

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 23 June 2021 - 01:31 PM

[OOC: No idea. 3?]



#45 Davidolo

Davidolo

    Dwarf Longbeard

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 23 June 2021 - 01:57 PM

(Ooc: sure)

#46 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

    Dwarf King

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 23 June 2021 - 03:13 PM

"Well, well. Holy man likes to gamble." Alfred thought. Perhaps this priest would be more tolerable than he thought. 



#47 LordMort

LordMort

    Dwarf Warrior

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 23 June 2021 - 04:00 PM

[OOC: 3 rounds is fine]

#48 LordMort

LordMort

    Dwarf Warrior

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 23 June 2021 - 04:03 PM

Lothar was eager to observe two of his new companions during this little show of competition. The Kislevite seemed like a hothead with a lot to say - but what was behind all those words? The witch hunter was more difficult to read, but he was sure he was at least on Sigmar’s good side.

#49 Tubble

Tubble

    Young 'Un

  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 June 2021 - 12:11 AM

Johannes is on the top deck, swabbing blood and other debris from the main walk. If he was to get away from Bögenhafen, he needed to make himself useful.

#50 Skull Krusher

Skull Krusher

    Skazastoki

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts

Posted 24 June 2021 - 02:38 AM

Upon hearing the Captain’s orders, Theo quickly went aloft and unfurled the sail on the main boom and was back at the captain’s side waiting for the others to see to the rest of the rigging.  He then entered the galley to prepare a noon-time meal.

 


Edited by Skull Krusher, 24 June 2021 - 02:40 AM.


#51 Pennysworthe

Pennysworthe

    Young 'Un

  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 June 2021 - 05:05 AM

Al jumps a little at Theo's unannounced arrival, nearly slicing his thumb instead of the potato peel.

"Oh, it's just you." In front of him sit a few sliced onions. "This pantry is measly you know. Still, the Twicelings are easily impressed. I was planning on an onion and potato gratin but," he gestures around, "is there no bloody stove on board?"



#52 Skull Krusher

Skull Krusher

    Skazastoki

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts

Posted 24 June 2021 - 06:11 AM

Theo just smiled, walked over to the cast iron stove that sat on the centerline of the Berebeli, opened the door to make sure that there were a few hot coals buried in the ash and tossed slivers of wood upon the hot coal.  He waited until the wood was burning before placing and a few larger pieces in as well.  Standing he adjusted the flue on the stove pipe to ensure a proper draw.  Turning to Al, speaking politely;"As the cook it is your job to ensure the wood box is full no one else, you also have to get the wood when ashore."  Still smiling Theo removed his hammock from the hook and departed toward another of the cabins in the stern-castle and rehung his hammock.  Done he went back up on deck and sat in one of the  out-of-the way corners near the helm.


Edited by Skull Krusher, 25 June 2021 - 03:10 AM.


#53 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

    Dwarf King

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 24 June 2021 - 10:39 PM

The Berebeli moved away from Castle Grauenburg and turned downstream.  Ottmar, Henie, and Bjvoril along with the sailor named Jonas worked with the poles as Theo set the riggings as the boat reached the deeper channels of the river and left the landing behind.

 

The other boats that had escaped Bögenhafen had all docked for the time being.  On the shore, those on the Berebeli could see the soldiers marching off towards the city.  Whatever would happen would happen with the adventurers far away.

 

The captain informed them that it would be nearly midday on the following day before they reached Wessbruck and the crew took it in turn to man the watches.  Alfred and Lothar joined Igor for a game of chance with a silver as the ante.

 

The first play went to Alfred while Lothar won the second.  Igor managed to get his coins back on the third hand and the game was called.  Each player breaking even.

 

The day passed quickly after this, with each of the survivors taking it in turn to sleep.  The night had been long and as the adrenaline had worn out, everyone had found themselves drowsy.  Nightmares of the horrors that stalked Bögenhafen affected more than one of them.

 

As night was falling, the Berebeli finally approached another boat.  As they approached, they noticed that it was adrift in the river and no one appeared to be aboard.

 

Calling everyone on deck, the captain ordered the sail down and for everyone to be ready to come alongside the stricken vessel.  As they neared it, the could read the name of the boat.  The Beast of Bögen.


Edited by Glyfi Ironbeard, 25 June 2021 - 05:53 PM.


#54 Tubble

Tubble

    Young 'Un

  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 June 2021 - 01:06 AM

Johannes shuffles near the side of the boat, close to the derelict vessel. "Does not seem to be anyone there... Should we tow it behind so noone crashes into it?

#55 Skull Krusher

Skull Krusher

    Skazastoki

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts

Posted 25 June 2021 - 03:19 AM

Theo quickly climbs atop of the deck house and helps lower the sail and furls it around the boom so it does not flag in the wind.  Standing where he is Theo looks down upon the drifting Beast of Bogen and wondered about the crew.  He scans the water and as he does so be pulls his sling out and loads a round stone.  Something or someone attacked the drifting derelict… he looked back at the captain and returned his gaze at the surrounding waters, the shoreline, and the Beast.  He wondered about the cargo that had been secretly taken aboard in Bogenhafen and mentioned this to the captain.

 



#56 Pennysworthe

Pennysworthe

    Young 'Un

  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 June 2021 - 06:16 AM

Al peers at the derelict vessel, eyes just barely above the Berebeli's rail. 

"What do you think, bandits?" he asks no one in particular.



#57 Davidolo

Davidolo

    Dwarf Longbeard

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 25 June 2021 - 06:40 AM

„Maybe we should board it and give it a good search. Maybe we find valuables!“ Igor suggested. „Or maybe the crew needs help“ he added. He didn’t want to seem greedy to the others, which he of course was. He didn’t care about the crew in truth.

#58 LordMort

LordMort

    Dwarf Warrior

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 25 June 2021 - 06:50 AM

“Whatever happened to the crew, Sigmar bless their souls. I think we have an obligation to inspect this boat and help get it out of the way. But it’s the captains call of course.”

[OOC: Would something like an Intuition roll come into play here? To see what we feel about the boat?]

#59 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

    Dwarf King

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 25 June 2021 - 08:14 AM

Alfred believed that, if something had happened to this boat, then it was probable that the same could befall the Berebeli. If so, then this boat might provide some clues to what may have happened.

 

"After all that happened in Bogenhafen it would not surprise me if something was up in the river and this boat might provide a clue or two. I say we give it a search." Alfred said.



#60 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

    Dwarf King

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 25 June 2021 - 11:40 AM

"Law o' tha river," says the captain, "is that if thar be no one to claim the salvage it be going to us.  Lash us together and see what happened to the crew."

 

The captain then turned to Theo as the halfling reminded him of the illicit cargo that had been loaded in Bögenhafen and said with a grim smile, "Here be our chance to find what it be, eh?"






0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users