437 replies to this topic

#421 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,327 posts

Posted 16 September 2021 - 10:08 PM

As the men grumbled and left, Igor started making demands but was met by an icy stare by the bar man.

"I'd prefer you leave now," he said as Igor put his newly won seven gold pieces into his pocket.  "There will be no drinks for you."

Meanwhile, Thadius went back to his table and picked up his glass of wine.  Taking a slow sip he thumbed through the tome that Gregory had brought him.

Gregory sat down beside Alfred with an ale in his hand.

#422 Davidolo

Davidolo

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 16 September 2021 - 10:15 PM

„Alright, fine.“ Igor turned around. „See you later, Alfred!“ he said and threw over a chair while leavin, as a statement. He then returned to the ship to spend some quality time with chantalle.

#423 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts

Posted 17 September 2021 - 04:10 PM

"Quite a show your friend put on. Impressive." Alfred said.

He had felt the power in Thadius' voice and was already growing a little suspicious of the man.

#424 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,327 posts

Posted 17 September 2021 - 08:23 PM

"He is no friend of mine," said Gregory with a voice that showed reverence for Thadius.  "He is one of the masters of my college.  One day I hope to be as knowledgeable as he is.  Right now, I just serve those above my station.  If I work hard I will earn the privilege to study as an apprentice with the new year."

#425 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts

Posted 18 September 2021 - 09:30 AM

"What are you studying?" Alfred asked.

#426 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,327 posts

Posted 19 September 2021 - 01:18 PM

Gregory then informed Alfred about the Amethyst College (Loc: 44) and how he was being raised to study Shyish, or the purple, winds of magic.  He spoke mostly about being fortunate at being discovered by a wizard instead of a witch hunter.  He was also sure he was close to being thrown out of his small village.

OOC:  I'll probably update and move us out of Altdorf soon unless anyone has anything else they want to do.  If you all are heading towards Grissenwald and Nuln, the next major stop is Castle Reikguard but as it is a military outpost won't allow much interaction or selling options.  Worlitz is the next official stop.

#427 Skull Krusher

Skull Krusher

Skazastoki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,019 posts

Posted 19 September 2021 - 03:37 PM

(OOC as long as the grocery shopping is done :) )

#428 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts

Posted 19 September 2021 - 07:08 PM

Alfred knew something about this man and his master was a little fishy. Alas, he felt there was little more he could do. And so he bid farewell to Gregory and decided to make his way back to the Barebeli.

#429 Davidolo

Davidolo

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 20 September 2021 - 07:36 AM

(Ooc: then I would suggest we go to grissenwald as quickly as possible. But I would try to sell some of our wares in worlitz, and restock if necessary)

#430 Tubble

Tubble

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 September 2021 - 03:23 AM

Johannes grumbles all the way back to the BoB. When he meets Theo and Elvyra again, he mentions his condition for their knowledge.

#431 Skull Krusher

Skull Krusher

Skazastoki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,019 posts

Posted 22 September 2021 - 04:30 PM

"Caused by brakish water?" Theo responded.  "Must be miniscule creatures in the water.  Perhaps a very hot steam bath from clean water would help to remove them, then treat the wounds with medicines.  Cleanse the body then treat.  What do you think Elvyra?"

#432 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,327 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:08 PM

Elyvra didn't look like she had much faith in the doctor's of Altdorf as she replied to Theo, "Brackish water causes intestinal issues, parasites, and some worse fevers.  Festering wounds we would have cleared away by now and I think this is something else."

Slowly everyone met back up at the boat.  As Theo and Elvyra continued their debate about Johannes, he started looking around cautiously.  Something in the back of his mind was prickling with nervousness and he felt like the boat was being watched.  As the others noticed this, they questioned what was wrong and he told them his suspicions.

Igor, thinking back to his adventure in the tavern, was convinced that some of the local dock workers might try something set a better watch than just his goat and the night passed without incident.

The group paid their dock fees and left on the following morning and continued up river towards Nuln after the pilot led them out and departed on another patrol boat just outside the city.  From here, the boat fought the current and slowly made their way further up the river.

For three days, the boat progressed past small villages and homesteads dotted along the bank.  The weather turned sour and one day they saw heavy rains and made almost no progress at all.  Spirits were down and tempers ran a bit hotter than normal as there seemed to be no where they could go to escape the wet.  Johannes continued to have a feeling of being followed and on the second night out, caught a glimpse of two riders moving along the river bank.  Since they didn't seem to stop, he decided it was just his imagination playing tricks on him.

Finally, after three days of travel, the group arrived at Castle Reikguard on the mid-morning of the Pflugzeit 10th.  The castle was an impressive sight.  High battlements were bristling with guards in shining plate armour.  There were also a number of bombard barrels that could be seen poking threateningly through the crenellations.

Putting ashore at the sizable village nestled between the Reik and Teufel River that served as a staging area for soldiers and provided them a distraction, Igor looked into selling his wares but didn't find any interested buyers.  Not letting it get him down, him and a few of the others made their way to the taverns to enjoy food and drink, anything besides the stale bread and fish that was being caught by Alfred aboard ship.

In the tavern, the group heard two rumors about the nearby castle.  Both concerned Crown Prince Wolfgang Holswig-Abenauer, the heir to the throne.  The first was that he has been ordered imprisoned within the nearby castle by none other than the Emperor for having fallen to the ravishes of Chaos.  Apparently he has sprouted a rat's tail.  The second rumor is that he was shut away because he is a lunatic.  In either case, everyone agrees that he was a bit of a simpleton and hasn't been seen in a few months.

Following lunch, the party left the village and continued their journey.  About fifteen miles further up the river, they rounded a bend and was treated to two separate sights.

The first was the ruins of an ancient tower sitting upon a grassy slope of a low, dome-like hillock.  It's preternaturally smooth stones reflected the light of the sun in a dull sheen.  These ruins were now being used as a foundation for an unlovely granite edifice capped with a strange configuration of beams, stanchions, ropes, and pulleys.  This upper section is surrounded by scaffolding and a number of short, bearded figures can be seen moving about these catwalks.

The second sight, which commands their more immediate attention, is from the jetty that forms the work site's landing stage.  Here the group see two dwarfs frantically waving at them and they hear them shout out, "Oy!  Give us a lift!  We can pay!"

#433 Davidolo

Davidolo

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:53 PM

Captain Igor saw the dwarves abfordernd the crew to pick them up „how mu are you willing to pay, master dwarves?“ he shouted

#434 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,327 posts

Posted Today, 03:22 PM

"Aye lad," cried the dwarf holding up a bulging purse bag.  "Stop and get us quick!"

#435 Skull Krusher

Skull Krusher

Skazastoki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,019 posts

Posted Today, 04:06 PM

Theo hears the exchanges and looks toward the shore to see if the Dwarves are being chased by anyone or anything.

#436 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,327 posts

Posted Today, 04:16 PM

Looking around Theo cannot see any living thing except the dwarfs up on the scaffolding.  One or two of them also seem to have noticed the two dwarfs down on the pier and are pointing at them.  There appears to be no danger of any sort that he can see in and/or around the construction site.

#437 Davidolo

Davidolo

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted Today, 04:36 PM

Igor motioned his crew to stop an pick up the dwarves. „Come aboard, master dwarves, who are you, and more importantly, who are they?“ he pointed to the figures on the tower.

Edited by Davidolo, Today, 07:25 PM.

#438 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts

Posted Today, 08:07 PM

Alfred shuddered after he had heard the rumours about the imperial prince - was nothing in this cursed Empire free from corruption?

"I don't see why we shouldn't let the Dwarfs on." Alfred said to Igor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users