#1 Bugman

Bugman

Master Dwarf Brewer

• Brewery Masters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,859 posts
Contributor

Posted 28 May 2021 - 02:06 PM

Good afternoon T9Aers (well, it depends on your geographical location, CET here...)!

Today we received an interesting report from the Kingdom of Equitaine...

Master,

I was roused before dawn. Sir Antoin and a dozen retainers rode out to the nearby forest of Ansienne, bidding me join them. A temporary forge was already glowing white hot in a clearing some way into the trees. I dismounted and took my station by the anvil, laying out my tools.

The viscount told me to avert my gaze. I refused, for I am not easily cowed, but he insisted. I would have stood my ground, but a call echoed through the sun-touched branches such as I have never heard: neither quite avian nor equine. I dropped my eyes to the ground. Something landed behind me in the clearing. Its breath played on my neck as it approached. Antoin backed away, eying whatever stood behind me. I set to work.

Although I saw portions of the peryton – many-hued feathers, small but powerful wings, razor sharp fangs and talons – I dared not look upon the entire creature. The beast stood about 14 hands high by my estimation, and took both the bit and the saddle well enough, although not without several reheats and fittings. I sensed it was impatient, but knew that it must suffer my touch. In time, the work was completed, and only a sense of emptiness told me the peryton had left silently upon those feathered wings.

Lord Antoin nodded at me; I think he was pleased. I asked him how such a mature beast could be tamed. He was less than forthcoming, but it would appear that the peryton chooses its rider. I can only guess at its criteria.

Mattias
...and also our guys from the Slim Layout notified us the O&G Slim Book has been updated with some tweaks.

the-ninth-age.com/community/fi…c07f6fceb9a2098eedb747cf3

View the full article

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users