Hello everybody. Firstly, I want to wish everyone here a very happy start to 2021. I know the Brewery is very quiet compared to what it was in past years, but I still very much enjoy coming here to read & post, and I certainly am very pleased that the Brewery is still carrying on. Many thanks to everyone who is involved!
On this last day of 2020, which has been a most unusual year in so many ways, I thought it might be interesting to think about what we've done hobby-wise this year we're proud or pleased about, and what we want to do going forward.
For me, the hobby achievements I'm most pleased of for 2020 are:
- Painting considerably more dwarfs than I bought (and painting them all to a standard I'm happy with), meaning my dwarf bare lead/plastic pile is somewhat smaller than it used to be (the same cannot be said for my other collections, which will Segway nicely into something on the 2021 list)
- Making a start on a set of modular gaming boards & making some individual pieces of terrain which I'm pretty pleased with
- Not buying anything miniatures related where I afterwards felt guilty about how much I'd spent
For 2021 I would hope to:
- Finish my first four modular gaming boards to a high standard (giving a 120 by 240 cm gaming area)
- Finish at least 3 Table Top world buildings in my collection to a high standard (this has been a growing embarrassment, to be honest, I've a lovely collection of these buildings but the only one I've actually finished painting is the tiny village well model)
- Paint more than I buy for all my various armies (not just my dwarfs)
- Get painted up at least one of my non-dwarf armies (this will almost certainly be my Orcs & Goblins army) to the stage where I can run decent sized battles with my own figures on both sides
This may mean that my dwarfs get a bit less love this coming year, but I do have some plans for them (building up their artillery train & air force, in the main, but also some scenery projects if I get chance).
Anyway, I for one would be very eager to hear what other people here have achieved this year on the hobby front, and what their main plans are for 2021.
Thanks again to everyone, and wishing you all a happy start to 2021,