592 replies to this topic

#581 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 25 January 2021 - 05:52 PM

"We normally get our catch from ol' Karl," replies the barman as he turns back to polish a mug.  "I'll look at what you catch, but if he is around I'll not be buying.  No hard feelings."

With that, Alfred nodded and headed for the kitchen but found that it was empty save for the cook.  Another door leads out the back of the kitchen.

The cook turns to face Alfred and says, "I don't know why you all think it is okay to barge through here.  Paying customers need to stay out front.  This isn't the main exit you know!"

#582 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,567 posts

Posted 25 January 2021 - 06:20 PM

"All?" Alfred said. He then produced a crown from his trouser pocket."The stocky man who just came through, where'd he go?" Alfred asked as he held the crown in the palm of his hand, too far away for the cook to grab it but close enough to get the point across. He held it in such a way that only he and the cook would be able to see it.

Edited by Hero of Rome, 25 January 2021 - 07:44 PM.

#583 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 25 January 2021 - 08:31 PM

"I see you're in a hurry son," the old cook said.  "If you want to hand over that coin I'll tell you as quick as can be."

#584 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,567 posts

Posted 25 January 2021 - 09:14 PM

"For your troubles my good sir," Alfred replied and handed the cook the crown [OOC: 1]. "Now, satisfy my curiosity will you?"

Edited by Hero of Rome, 25 January 2021 - 09:16 PM.

#585 Thunderförge

Thunderförge

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 25 January 2021 - 09:18 PM

Back at the bar, Bjovril listened to the story about the tentacle monster, and thought about the similar tale the drunkard had told a few days earlier. He elbowed Henie in the knee.
“Sounds like a tale we’ve heard afore, eh?” he said. “Now master Spanner, you want to find a fellow called Mannfried, who told a very similar story. I’ve heard tell that the wood of a holly tree wards off tentacle monsters, I read that somewhere...”

#586 Davidolo

Davidolo

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 25 January 2021 - 09:21 PM

„Well, that’s one hell of a story... isn’t that right, chantalle?“ Igor replied, looking at his goat. „There is a boat in the port. Ask the captain, herr Josef, maybe he‘ll take you aboard. For now, drink with me and let’s play some rounds of dice!“

#587 Skull Krusher

Skull Krusher

Skazastoki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,725 posts

Posted 26 January 2021 - 12:59 AM

Theo continued to watch and wondered if the Prince had even stopped here on his way to The Grey Mountains.  Taking note of the wooden walls around the town Theo also noted the towns weakness a waterborne attack since there was nothing to stop either Orcs, Beastman, or Skaven from approaching from the river. Seeing no one that looked threatening he continued to watch the tavern and wondered about the closeness of the tavern to the walled manor house.  Perhaps the town's citizens took shelter there.

Edited by Skull Krusher, Yesterday, 03:01 AM.

#588 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:51 PM

The cook took the offered gold from Alfred and said, "He came busting through here earlier in a rush and I yelled at him so.  He pushed past me and out the back door so I followed to tell him off.  Course then I saw he had a crossbow slung o'er his shoulder so I help my tongue.  He was heading off towards the South Gate at a near sprint."

Tomas Spanner turned from Bjovril to Igor as they spoke.  His face fell as he nodded slowly to the two.

"I know it sounds far fetched," he said.  "But I tell you it be the truth.  You can mock if you want, but I tell you know that I only take the black snuff because it helps me sleep and forget the whole affair for a bit."

Tomas then stood up, grabbed his maps, and marched out of the door without a backward glance.

Theo saw him emerge into the sunlight, grab his head as if he was about to swoon, and then he stalked off away from the docks and past the large manor house.

#589 Ben the Barman

Ben the Barman

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:57 PM

"DDDrinking isnt gggood for you Iggor! " ottmar had been listening intently to josefs story. He was beginning to enjoy the company of others, at least others who didnt make fun of him the entire time. He saw Alfred walk into the kitchen and wondered what that was about. "Shhhould wwwe follow him Igor? Mr BBarkeeper, sssir, please bring me some tea, not too hot if possible."

#590 Thunderförge

Thunderförge

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:06 PM

"All this talk of sea-monsters, well it ain't fillin' me with confidence" Bjovril muttered glumly.

#591 Skull Krusher

Skull Krusher

Skazastoki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,725 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:58 PM

So far Theo has only seen one individual who disappeared behind the hill the large manor house was situated on.  Seems to be a very quiet backwater river port.  He casually looked over the side of the boat and wondered what the fishing was like then continued to prepare a meal as he watched the surroundings.

#592 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,567 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:06 PM

"Thanks. You helped me a lot." Alfred replied.

He then headed off in the direction of the South Gate, where he hoped that he would be able to catch the man.

[OOC: Leave through door at rear of kitchen]

#593 Davidolo

Davidolo

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:08 PM

„No Igor, my father Stanislaus taught me that drinking is healthy!“ Igor replied „no let Alfred be on his way, let’s drink, eat and then look for the prince, I’d say!“

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users