337 replies to this topic

#241 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 04 February 2021 - 05:52 PM

It is very early (12:30 - 1 AM) Jahrdrung 28th, 2512 IC., Backertag (Bakeday) if you want to know.  You currently have 23 lead shot in your possession having lost one in the last battle.

#242 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 04 February 2021 - 06:43 PM

As promised, the update has landed and you all are at the cusp of arriving in Bögenhafen.  At this point, it has been recommended to pause and reflect on events so far.  A short pause will allow us to level characters, check for errors on character sheets, and make sure we haven't forgot anything going forward.

I will compile a quick recap for us detailing all plot points that have been found so far.  I also will get out the upgrade options to each of you soon.  Thanks for being patient.

Edited by Glyfi Ironbeard, 04 February 2021 - 06:45 PM.

#243 Skull Krusher

Skull Krusher

Skazastoki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,841 posts

Posted 04 February 2021 - 11:33 PM

It is very early (12:30 - 1 AM) Jahrdrung 28th, 2512 IC., Backertag (Bakeday) if you want to know.  You currently have 23 lead shot in your possession having lost one in the last battle.

Good no need to purchase more.

#244 Skull Krusher

Skull Krusher

Skazastoki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,841 posts

Posted 04 February 2021 - 11:45 PM

Up to this point there is 149 pages (8.5x11) of WHFRP dialog so far.

#245 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 05 February 2021 - 06:07 PM

:)

We have definitely covered some ground in two months (Started Dec 7th and it is now February 5th).

Looking for a job with a Prince as a Mercenary, you all booked passage on a coach from Delberz to Altdorf.  Along the way you came upon a mutant attack in progress.  Bjovril met a friend and took his signet ring while Alfred found the body of Kastor Lieberung, a dead-ringer for himself.  Moving on to Altdorf Alfred was attracting a bit of attention from some strangers and the party discovered that the Prince's company had already left and that everyone was too late. 

Trying to pursue the prince, the party separated.  Theo and Bjovril hear a story from a drunk fisherman about the Beast of Bögen and negotiated jobs working a boat that was heading towards Bögenhafen, in the direction that the prince was believed to be taking.  They convinced Henie and Ottmar to sign on with Captain Quartjin and the Berebeli.  Alfred and Igor decided to walk to Weissbruck in the hope of overtaking the Prince by foot.

Alfred and Igor found the bodies of the strangers that were watching Alfred on the road outside of the gates and when they stopped for the night, Alfred burned some letters and was attacked.  Igor found him the next day half drowned after being tied up and thrown in the nearby canal.  Fortunately, they were picked up by the Berebeli as it was passing by.

When they arrived in Weissbruck, Alfred noticed a man paying him too much attention again and chased after him but lost the trail.  Bjovril, Henie, and Igor are told a different story about a monster on the Bögen by an ex-sailor turned cartographer addict.  That night, the Berebeli was attacked and a man by the name of Aldophus, a bounty hunter after Alfred, was killed.

The Berebeli then sails on for Bögenhafen.  Along the way, they are boarded by a group of River Warden and the sergeant tells them about his experience with the creature that lives in the Bögen.

There was a lot more that happened, but this seems to be the highlights reel.  :P

As promised, I also need to give you some more information.  If we were in person, we could stop and talk through things along the way but since we live over half the world I figure it is best to just put this out in the open now.

To this point, we have essentially played the tutorial for the campaign.  From here on out, the real scenario begins.

Until now, I have 'rail-roaded' you all pretty hard.  I have kept you together and moving towards Bögenhafen.  Most of you have stories that have driven you to Weissbruck and/or Bögenhafen (If you have chosen to follow up on your story - though it isn't necessary).  When you arrive in Bögenhafen you will find that no one knows where the Prince has gone.  I will detail this in the next update (where you land at the wharf).  The prince was just another way to get you heading in the right direction.  :P

So now, you all will be deposited in Bögenhafen with no job and no guidance on where to go from here.  You are also presented with a greater degree of freedom to move about the map.  As will be detailed in the next update, you can rejoin the captain on the Berebeli at the end of the festival if you want to keep a job.  In the meantime, you can continue to sleep and eat on the ship while you enjoy the festival.  Where as we simply treated Altdorf as a stop over, we will be spending some time in Bögenhafen.

Bogenhafen Brewery

While you navigate the city, please be aware that there are machinations in motion.  There will be clues and plot points will lead you in the right direction.  You do not have to follow up on these if you don't want to but be aware that failure to act and/or complete the scenario successfully can change the history of the Old World.

Since this story was written during the time of 3rd edition warhammer, the timeline only went to 2512 IC and not the 2523 IC of 6th edition (storm of chaos) and beyond.  In a way, this story directly affected the history that most of us loved so much prior to the great demolition known as the End Times and Age of Sigmar.  In fact, the full campaign can lead directly to the Storm of Chaos, and the aftermath, if we play it out.

Anyway, the point is that this scenario now takes on a more investigative slant.  Seemingly random events and random snippets of dialog will provide what you need to be successful.  Working as a team will become very important if you want to notch a win.  You will be presented with moments that will require difficult decisions (sometimes running away and hiding is the best solution but other times it may lead to death and a Fate Point spent ;) ).

I'm not going to give away the plot, but if you have any questions on this please ask them. 

It is also easy to get side tracked, so if you feel lost feel free to ask for some guidance and I will give you a nudge back in the right direction.

PS. Don't fight the city watch or you will end up like my local gaming group lying essentially naked in a open air - pauper grave after spending a FP.  :P

Edit:  Forgot the map. 

Edited by Glyfi Ironbeard, 05 February 2021 - 06:08 PM.

#246 Skull Krusher

Skull Krusher

Skazastoki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,841 posts

Posted 05 February 2021 - 07:28 PM

Oh goodie bogie this and bogie that, bogie's everywhere....  Theo planned on spending the nights on the boat anyway to save money and cook meals for the crew as needed to help out the good captain.

Edited by Skull Krusher, 05 February 2021 - 07:30 PM.

#247 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 06 February 2021 - 01:52 PM

Well there has to be some goal for the group to fight right?  And what would the warhammer be without some big bad threatening the complete destruction of everything?  :)

#248 Thunderförge

Thunderförge

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 06 February 2021 - 02:03 PM

I hope Theo knows how to cook calamari...

#249 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 06 February 2021 - 02:26 PM

I've finally got the last PMs sent in regard to spending xp.  If anyone has questions or needs advice on what to take let me know.

I also updated health.  Everyone has healed up except Alfred at this point.  I still need to roll Alfred's fishing and Igor's gambling along with a few other specific tests for actions along the way.

#250 Ben the Barman

Ben the Barman

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 08 February 2021 - 02:27 AM

sounds good i sent u my updates

#251 Skull Krusher

Skull Krusher

Skazastoki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,841 posts

Posted 09 February 2021 - 04:40 PM

Since I am an Altrommi will be taking off to stand in line to get an anti-nurgle virus shot today.  This global pandemic has been ______________ (fill in the blank).

The Rynn and I just got our non-FDA approved Covid shot complements of the USN. No lines, not hassle, and a pleasant view of San Diego bay from the Adm Kidd Club.

Edited by Skull Krusher, 09 February 2021 - 08:03 PM.

#252 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 09 February 2021 - 05:16 PM

Well, I rolled Igor's gambling and he came out five gold ahead on the trip.  That was without using his special dice.  ;)

I also rolled Alfred's fishing.  He didn't do as well and only caught 7 fish with the biggest being eight pounds.  Three were 2 pounders, one was a three pounder, one was five, and one was six.  I figure you would give these to Theo to cook but if you have something else in mind let me know.

We are also about ready to start the adventure back up unless there are any objections.  I think I have everyone's upgrades recorded at this point and I'm working on writing the update now.  :)

#253 Skull Krusher

Skull Krusher

Skazastoki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,841 posts

Posted 09 February 2021 - 05:22 PM

The galley facilities are limited, not open flames on a wooden boat for pan frying. Think pot belly stove.... so the crew will have fish chowder.  Also the fish will be placed in a covered metal pan, placed on the stove and baked just for Alfred, unless he likes chowder.  Theo will check Alfred's wounds each day to insure they do not go septic at an additional shilling a day.  Theo would hate to have to use his bone saw.  

#254 Davidolo

Davidolo

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 09 February 2021 - 09:22 PM

5 Gold, nice. From whom? Just poor random sailors?

#255 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 11 February 2021 - 03:14 PM

Random sailors and travelers were the ones gambling.  I've also been slow on getting the update ready as I was really busy yesterday.  I'll get back on it now though.

#256 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 16 February 2021 - 02:01 PM

Just for clarity, the boxing uses the same rules as unarmed combat with the exception that you don't actually lose wounds.  The wounds are more fatigue points that regenerate once the match is over.  You will only take wounds based on critical hits and then only by the amount of the value of the critical hit (1 - 10 max but with a higher chance of a lower number).  That way, you will not die but you also shouldn't take lasting damage.  Your boxing, not fighting to the death.  You can go take part in a pit match if you want that sort of excitement.  ;)

Also, if anyone wants to make a bet on the outcome, the odds are given at one crown will get you two if Igor wins.

If Theo wants to head to the festival after talking with the captain that will be fine.  He can arrive at the conclusion of the fight to patch up the loser.  ;)

#257 Thunderförge

Thunderförge

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 16 February 2021 - 03:24 PM

A crown on the Boxer! :-)

#258 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 16 February 2021 - 05:41 PM

I didn't want to clutter the play thread with this so I'll stick it here for Hero and anyone else who might come across it...

There are various guilds scattered across the land that operate out of the larger cities.  The costs start at generally 10 gold and go up from there for membership.  They then add dues, fees, levies, taxes, etc. to get back all sorts of money.

Now there are alternatives to paying these fees.  One such alternative is to go ahead and work on the sly and hope the guild doesn't notice.  Another is to find a patron, generally a high ranking guild member or important noble, to sponsor you.  A third way would be to simply falsify, forge, or impersonate a guild member/membership.  There are other ways besides these and I'm sure you can come up with other more 'interesting' solutions if you want.

These are expensive, but being part of a group can pay off in both opportunities and prestige.  Certain factions will open up doors for a lowly adventurer and that benefit does not come cheap.  As the story unfolds, there are certain guilds that will rise to the forefront so being a member will allow you a leg up.  Other guilds, don't do much else... :P

So, don't feel like I'm trying to discourage anyone from working for a guild.  I think it can be a great boon for roleplaying potential.  The game just requires that I nickel and dime you a bit.  :)

#259 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 17 February 2021 - 05:43 PM

The boxing/wrestling match will last for 3 minutes or 18 combat rounds.  Round order is Igor and then the champ.  To start with,

I - Charge 84 for a miss

C - Parry stance and jab 72 miss

I - Grapple 07 versus 47 for a success.

C - Break grapple19 versus 81.

I - All out attack 08 for a hit in the body at damage 4 + 3 - 4 = 3 versus T 4 so no damage.

C - Aimed Punch 56 for a hit in the body at damage 2 + 4 - 4 = 2 versus T 3 so no damage.

I - Parry stance and attack 34 for a hit in the body at damage 5 + 3 - 4 = 4 versus T 4 so no damage.

C - Grapple 26 versus 28 so a draw.

I - Aimed attack 05 for a hit in the head at damage 8 + 3 - 4 = 7 versus T 4 so 3 damage.

C - Aimed attack 11 for a hit in the head at damage 7 + 4 - 4 = 7 versus T 3 so 4 damage.

I - Break grapple 06 versus 88 for a success.

C - Parry and attack 67 for a miss.

1 minute over

I - Feint and Attack 83 for a missed feint.  54 for a missed attack

C - Parry and Attack 68 for a miss.

I - Attempt to trip 37 versus 90 for a success.  Attack at 65 for a miss.

C - Stand back up

I - Aimed attack 29 for a hit in the head at Damage 7 + 3 - 4 = 6 versus TB 4 so 2 damage.

C - Swift attack 18 and 31 for a hit in the head and the body.  Damage 7 + 4 - 4 = 7 versus TB 3 so 4 damage.  Damage 3 + 4 - 4 = 3 against TB 3 no damage.

I - All Out attack 24 for a hit in the head at Damage 4 + 3 - 4 = 3 versus TB 4 so no damage.

C - Parry and Attack 59 for a miss.

I - All Out attack 43 for a hit in the body at Damage 8 + 3 - 4 = 7 versus TB 4 so 3 damage.

C - Aimed attack 72 for a miss.

I - Parry and attack 32 for a hit in the body at Damage 1 + 3 - 4 = 0 damage

C - Defensive stance

2 minutes (Igor has suffered 8 damage and Champ has suffered 8 damage.  So far a close match)

I - All Out attack 55 for a miss.

C - Swift Jabs 69 and 05 for a miss and a hit.  5 + 4 - 4 = 5 versus TB 3 so 2 damage.

I - Attempt to trip 02 versus 50.  Attack at 25 for hit in the head at Damage 5 + 3 - 4 = 4 versus TB 4 so no damage.

C - Stand up

I - All Out attack 22 for a hit in the head at Damage 3 + 3 - 4 = 2 against TB 4 so no damage.

C - All Out attack 30 for a hit in the body at damage 9 + 4 - 4 = 9 against TB 3 so 6 damage.  Critical 1 (winded)

So only 30 seconds remaining.

I - Parry and attack 62 miss.

C - All Out attack 13 for a hit in the head.  Igor parries at 92 for a miss.  Damage 5 + 4 - 4 = 5 against TB 3.  2 damage.  Critical 6 (Knocked Down)

#260 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 17 February 2021 - 05:43 PM

Igor can stand back up but at this point he will be taking actual wounds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users