Handout 1

Advertisements
Handout 2

Found on the body of Kastor Lieberung, the man who looked like Alfred
Handout 4
Handout 5

Taken from the man with the crossbow following the Battle of the Berebeli

Handout 6

Edited by Glyfi Ironbeard, 05 February 2021 - 06:10 PM.

#2 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,079 posts

Posted 05 December 2020 - 07:20 PM

Getting the final touches on the intro post finished now.  As said, the first week will allow you all to get to know each other.  You can swap stories, ask questions, and form a group to tackle the adventure together.  I will monitor the posts but will be unavailable for most of the coming week.  The adventure will start in earnest on December 13th/14th.  From that point forward, I will be giving updates.  So for now, enjoy your walk to the inn and use this time to establish your characters.

#3 Thunderförge

Thunderförge

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 05 December 2020 - 07:51 PM

I’m guessing we won’t arrive at the Inn until the 13th/14th?

#4 Davidolo

Davidolo

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 05 December 2020 - 08:14 PM

Is there some sort of color code regarding language, since mycharaxter speaks ksilevian and I assume not everyone does?

#5 Skull Krusher

Skull Krusher

Skazastoki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,785 posts

Posted 05 December 2020 - 08:20 PM

Is there some sort of color code regarding language, since mycharaxter speaks ksilevian and I assume not everyone does?

So if you are speaking Kislevian dialog would be in purple,  but individuals speaking the same language would be blue.

#6 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,079 posts

Posted 05 December 2020 - 08:28 PM

Copied and edited from my last RPG...

RULES AND USEFUL INFORMATION

The following is a list of important information and things that might make the game better for you and others. I’ve tried to break it down into categories for ease reference. In case anything odd ball comes up, or isn’t discussed here, I’ll let you know about it at the time it happens and try to update this post as well for future reference.

IC versus OOC
The play thread will be for all In-character (IC) dialog and story. This Out of Character (OOC) thread will be for all questions and discussions related to the story. Feel free to PM me with any thoughts or concerns that you have as well.

That said, due to the nature of this type of game, there may be times that I will include OOC information in the Play Thread. I will use brackets [ ] to separate out the OOC material and will also use a dark grey color for the text to differentiate further.

If you need to put OOC information in the play thread, please make sure to clearly label it as OOC, or use [ ], or grey it out, or all three. Just please do something so the rest of us know that you character hasn’t gone crazy and yelled, “Attack Troll with Nasty Knife.

Secret Actions:  Also note, if you want to perform an action but don't want anyone else to know about it, the PM thread will work.  For example, if you are a thief and want to pick pocket another PC, tell me in a PM.  I'll make the rolls in secret and no one will no what happened.

COMBAT
Combat takes place in round by round timing, where each round is approximately 10 seconds. Each round, a character is given an action or 2 half actions to perform. The following is a quick list of some of the most common combat actions.

Ready (1/2 Action) – pickup an item into hand or draw a weapon into a hand.
Aim (1/2 Action) – Gain a bonus to hit chance.
Attack (1/2 Action) – Make a single attack.
Guarded Attack (Full Action) – swap some ability to hit for a better chance to dodge or parry.
Swift Attack (Full Action) – make a number of attacks equal to the character’s Attack (A) characteristic.
All Out Attack (Full Action) – Gain a large bonus to hit chance at the inability to either dodge or parry.
Charge (Full Action) – Run, make an attack, and gain a bonus to hit chance. Can’t be engaged already
Defensive Stance (Full Action) – All enemies take a penalty to hitting you.
Parrying Stance (1/2 Action) – Gain the ability to make a parry attempt if an opponent hits you.
Maneuver (1/2 Action) – Move to a more advantageous position while engaged.
Feint (1/2 Action) – Chance to make your opponent unable to dodge or parry the next attack.
Move (1/2 Action) – Cover a short distance
Run (Full Action) – Cover a large distance.

Things like Reload and Cast Spell are dependent on the weapon or spell being used.

You can either specify your action specifically, or describe what you want to do and I will pick the action that best reflects you description.

SOCIAL
When talking with NPCs, each NPC will be assigned a reactionary disposition based on multiple factors (How you dress, your race, your career choice, etc.). This will affect how receptive that NPC is to your conversation efforts. Important NPCs will track disposition over the campaign, so be careful not to get them upset at you.

When talking with a conversation, you can specify how you want your character to carry out the conversation. If you don’t specify, I will use the context of the conversation to assign a category to test for. Use brackets [] somewhere in the dialog to let me know if you want a specific type of test.

Blather – (Blather skill) Use to talk very fast in an effort to confuse or catch NPC off guard.
Bluff – (Gossip skill) Use to lie or convince a NPC of something that isn’t true.
Charm – (Charm skill) Use to increase a NPC’s disposition to you.
Command – (Command skill) Use to order NPCs to take an action.
Fiery Rhetoric – (Intimidate skill) Use to inspire a passionate response from a NPC.
Gossip – (Gossip skill) Use to gather information, rumors, and even lies from a NPC.
Intimidate – (Intimidate skill) Use to scare or coerce a NPC.
Seduce – (Charm skill) Use like Charm, only more intimate and flirty, for a higher risk/higher reward type situation.

Any of these may be used, whether you have the correct skill or not. Having the correct skill will just increase your rate of success. ;)

Also note that just because an NPC, or a PC for that matter, says something it isn’t always true. Some of the background information you get, some of the rumors you might hear, will be false or red herrings. Some might even be an outright lie.

Finally, a number of languages will be used in the town and area surrounding Haven Rock. Please either specify the language you are using, use text color to denote the language, or both. Reikspiel will be the default language if one isn’t specified and all PCs will be able to speak that language. NPCs, on the other hand, may not.

Empire of Sigmar, Reikspiel
Bretonnia, Breton
Tilea, Tilean
Elf, Eltharin
Kislev, Kislevian
Dwarf, Khazalid
Other

MERCHANT
The first important piece of information will be how denominations work.
12 Brass/Bronze Coins = 1 Silver Coin
20 Silver Coins = 1 Gold Coin

The next important knowledge to know is that not all coins are minted equally.
Tilean Crowns (Gold), Shillings (Silver), and Pennies (Brass) are less valuable than the Empire Crown, Shilling, and Penny.
A Bretonnian Ecu (Gold), Denier (Silver), and Penny (Brass) is worth more than the Empire equivalent.
A Dwarf Gold Piece, Silver Piece, or Brass Piece is worth the most.

While most humans trade on a one to one basis, someone with an eye for profit (or a dwarf) will insist on extra coins from certain denominations. For instance, a dagger might be worth 1 Empire Crown but the merchant will insist on 1 Tilean Crown and 3 Shillings.

Additionally, all items are not created equal. The rules specify 4 different distinctions or qualities. These mean different things when looking at weapons or armor. Just assume as you up in quality, negative modifiers become positives. These qualities are defined as one of the following...
Poor
Common (I will sometimes call this normal quality as a bad habit)
Good
Best

There are also different types of materials that are used for weapons and armor. Gromril, Ithilmar, Silver, etc. These are pretty rare, but if you happen to run across them know that they do good things.

TIME
During this campaign, I will keep track of time and the calendar day. For the most part, this is just to generate phases of the moons, planet rotations, weather, and other GM related nonsense. Specific days might lead to festivals being celebrated based on the date, but these will be detailed appropriately.

The biggest factor for the PCs will be the days of the week (Note there are 8 days in a warhammer week).
Wellentag (Workday)
Aubentag (Levyday)
Marktag (Marketday)
Backertag (Bakeday)
Bezahltag (Taxday)
Konistag (Kingday)
Angestag (Startweek)
Festag (Holiday)

Tracking smaller units of time may also be important for PC immersion. To this end, I don't want to say that it is 12:43 PM and will instead use broader measures of time based on sun position and such, unless your character has some way of being more accurate when telling time.

Small Hours of the Morning = 2-5 AM
Dawn = 6 AM
Early Morning = 7-8 AM
Mid-morning = 9-10 AM
Late Morning = 11 AM
Midday = 12 - 1 PM
Early Afternoon = 2 PM
Mid-afternoon = 3 PM
Late Afternoon = 4 PM
Early Evening = 5 PM
Dusk = 6 PM
Late Evening = 7 PM
Early Night = 8-9 PM
Late Night = 10 PM
Midnight Watch = 11 PM - 1 AM

This will give you a close approximation of the current time without having to worry about exacts. If a situation requires closer scrutiny, I will let you know the specific time.

EXPERIENCE AND 'LEVELING'
Throughout the course of this campaign each character will receive experience points (xp) for their actions. Successful use of social interactions will give xp, completing certain tasks will net xp, and the tracking and slaying of a goblin will also give xp. These points will be given to anyone who participates in the action that gives the points. Everyone involved in a combat will receive the points for that combat and everyone who talks with the noble will receive the points for the conversation, etc.

These points will then be used to gain more skills and talents, and even to raise your character's characteristics. They can also be used to increase the effectiveness of skills. It will cost 100 xp to affect a skill, talent, or characteristic. Your choices for spending these points will be dependent upon your current career.

At this point, if you have a copy of the rules, throw them out. In the normal rules, ever career had 'exits'. These were specified careers that you could spend xp to move into, thus gaining access to different skills. I prefer a more realistic system to this artificial system. In this game, if you sign on to smuggle goods and deliver them to their destination you may take the smuggler career for free. I will indicate when this happens. Basically you have to actually do the job your career says you do. To progress to the next rank, you actually have to do something worthy of getting a promotion, etc.

The career you all selected at creation will be what you all start out at, but as the game progresses your choices will dictate what is available to you. Choose well.

If you have an idea of what you want to do, let me know and I'll tell you how to achieve it.

#7 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,079 posts

Posted 05 December 2020 - 08:30 PM

Reikspiel will be the common language so can be as simple as "I'm glad I finally got of m' lazy rump and started this adventure!"

Hopefully the above is more info then needed.  ;)

Also ignore any references to Haven Rock.  At least don't point them out as I'm deeply ashamed.  :(

#8 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,609 posts

Posted 07 December 2020 - 09:56 AM

I see we've already begun to interact. I'm sure that we'll all get along wonderfully ;)

#9 Davidolo

Davidolo

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 07 December 2020 - 10:01 AM

Definitely, looking forward to our first encounter. Seems your character has a special place in his heart for Igor.  :P

#10 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,609 posts

Posted 07 December 2020 - 10:16 AM

Yes "special." ;)

#11 Thunderförge

Thunderförge

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 07 December 2020 - 10:44 AM

Yes looks like we’re all going to get along dandy! ;-)

#12 Thunderförge

Thunderförge

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 07 December 2020 - 09:39 PM

Anyone play Return of Reckoning? We could recreate it in ‘real life’!

#13 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,609 posts

Posted 07 December 2020 - 09:43 PM

Nope. What was it?

#14 Thunderförge

Thunderförge

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 07 December 2020 - 09:49 PM

Before “Warhammer Online Total War” there was a game called Age of Reckoning. Games Workshop stopped supporting it but they let a group of fans host it for free. Renamed it Return of Reckoning. It’s a Warhammer version of world of Warcraft basically.

Awkward to set up but quite immersive for the Warhammer world.

And it’s free.

Edited by Thunderförge, 07 December 2020 - 09:52 PM.

#15 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,079 posts

Posted 07 December 2020 - 10:48 PM

It isn’t that bad to setup. Me and a few friends played it not that long ago. Good game. I hate they botched the roll out so bad and it didn’t take off

#16 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,079 posts

Posted 08 December 2020 - 12:11 AM

@Hero

Just saw the OOC in the play thread.

There was a change in ruler ship at some point. Since I’m not at the house I can only provide a general outline so if someone has more to add please jump in.

1st edition rpg and 3rd edition tabletop was the era that this campaign takes place. During 4th-5th tabletop, the timeline was progressed and 6th saw the storm of chaos added.

Somewhere in here the rulership of the empire was ‘adapted.’ Some changes were explained in story and others were not. As for this one, I don’t remember offhand if it was explained or just a rewrite. When I get home I will look through the books and give you a more detailed answer.

#17 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,609 posts

Posted 08 December 2020 - 06:08 PM

Now this escalated fast. Not quite like the earth quake in the abbey but close enough ;)

#18 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,079 posts

Posted 08 December 2020 - 06:15 PM

So I said no updates until Saturday and for you all to talk and get to know each other. So two days later everyone is getting ready to fight. I love it!

I’ll get the results for you shortly.

#19 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,609 posts

Posted 08 December 2020 - 06:17 PM

Huh, Alfred's not ready to fight. He's just taking some precautions!

Edited by Hero of Rome, 08 December 2020 - 06:17 PM.

#20 Thunderförge

Thunderförge

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 08 December 2020 - 06:59 PM

Do BOTH Alfreds have shovels??

Or does one have a spade? ;-)

Edited by Thunderförge, 08 December 2020 - 07:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users