#1 Lord Alisk

Lord Alisk

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 20 June 2020 - 06:01 AM

Hello again everybody.

Thanks again for all the input for the painting contests thus far - it's really good to have seen three great entries for the last round, and thanks again to everyone who participated in either entering or voting. 

Like last time, we'll try running it as normal (with a deadline), but also a minimum entry requirement of 3 - so if there are at least 3 entries within the deadline, we'll close on the deadline, otherwise we'll run the contest until there are 3 entries.

Anyway, this contest is for any unit of at least 5 figures (3 for bigger figures like trolls or ogres) for any fantasy game system (so Warhammer Fantast, 9th Age, Age of Sigmar, Dragon Rampant, Warlords of Erewhon, Mordheim...)

We'll run this contest until September 30 2020, in  the first instance.

Many thanks for all incoming entries - I do want the painting contests to do well and continue, and I'll try to run them as best I can. 

Please do send me a PM to ask any questions, or to prod me to run things better...

All best,

LA

#2 Lord Alisk

Lord Alisk

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 20 June 2020 - 06:12 AM

I thought that my dwarf army was a bit short of 'regular'  dwarfs (the WS4, S3 variety), but I'm not a fan of the current (or relatively current) dwarf warriors, the old Marauder metal clansmen, crossbows etc. are very hard to track down at reasonable prices and in significant numbers (but I do love it when you get the odd one at a decent price), so that leave me the 6th ed dwarf plastics (c. 2000). 

These are still, in my opinion, the best plastic dwarf warriors GW did, and I've managed to track a fair few down over the years to bulk out my core. I've currently got more longbeards and hammerers painted than regular clan dwarfs, which though that might be interesting from a painting point of view (they're nicer models to paint than the current warriors, in my opinion) it makes no narrative sense. So hopefully the next round of the unit contest will sort that issue out. I'll do a mix of great weapon, hand weapon  & shield & crossbow dwarfs, and see how we get on:

gallery_13812_1212_3290943.jpg

#3 Pendrakk

Pendrakk

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 05:07 AM

Sorry I missed the last voting round. @Alisk and Epic y’all had some amazing entries. I’ll try to get an entry in but I’m traveling so we will see.

#4 Gorim Uthersson

Gorim Uthersson

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 03:10 PM

Iam trying to paint an oldschool dark elf army for Oldhammer Week Poland that takes place at the beginning of October, so have few units that are still not even undercoated and that at least few of need to be painted before September! I don't know if I will enter with Scouts / Dark Riders / Harpies or Cold One Knights, but one of these for sure!

emohiji.jpg?1

3J2uRFf.jpg?1

eVgueId.jpg?2

vxAgNDk.jpg

#5 epicsatsuma

epicsatsuma

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 08:01 PM

I will pledge a unit of chaos goblins (from the excellent knightmare miniatures)
Pics when they arrive!

#6 epicsatsuma

epicsatsuma

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 27 June 2020 - 09:34 PM

(They are to join my chaos dwarfs by the way, so hopefully it fits in the theme...)

#7 Lord Alisk

Lord Alisk

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 28 June 2020 - 09:06 AM

(They are to join my chaos dwarfs by the way, so hopefully it fits in the theme...)

Of course they'll  fit the theme! It'll be great to have you aboard epicsatsuma

And remember, *any* fantasy unit / warband / gang / retinue (etc) is OK, regardless of army / species, or anything else - indeed, I've even stooped so low as to enter elves in the past....

#8 Lord Alisk

Lord Alisk

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 28 June 2020 - 09:08 AM

Gorim - love the old school  metal models - it'd be great to see a unit of them painted up. 

Pendrakk - it'd be super to have you aboard for this round - many thanks for your interest. I do fully appreciate that 'real life' can de-rail any painting schedule however. Many thanks for your interest. 

thanks again everybody,

LA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users