Photo

Winter (And Now Spring...) Single Model Painting Contest - Voting!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Lord Alisk

Lord Alisk

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 08 May 2020 - 08:52 AM

Hello everybody again

This has been a *very* long hiatus, I'm afraid. Some of it has been down to work, some of it has been down to family commitments, some of it has been down to sheer human fallibility...

All I can say is that I'm sorry for not running the painting contest in the manner to which it should - especially as we've had 3 excellent entries in the last round for some weeks now, and I haven't got round to sorting out the voting thread. So I'm very sorry for this.

Anyway, I would like to encourage votes for your favouring amongst these competitors:

- Lord Alisk

- Pendrakk

- epicsatsuma

Entries to be seen here:

http://www.bugmansbr...contest-reboot/

Please reply to this thread to rank your favourites 1st, 2nd & 3rd (1st getting 3 points, 2nd getting 2 points and 3rd getting 1 point)

I'll  wrap the voting up on May 20, UK time (I might be a bit late closing this down...apologies in advance...)

Many thanks for your involvement in the painting contest, and I'm very sorry I've been so lax in my running of it.

Take care,

LA

Edited by Lord Alisk, 16 May 2020 - 03:59 PM.

#2 Thorgrimmir

Thorgrimmir

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 09 May 2020 - 08:54 AM

My votes go as such;
1-epicsatsuma
2-Lord Alisk
3-Pendrakk

#3 Kallstrom

Kallstrom

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 09 May 2020 - 09:13 AM

This has been a *very* long hiatus, I'm afraid. Some of it has been down to work, some of it has been down to family commitments, some of it has been down to sheer human fallibility...

All I can say is that I'm sorry for not running the painting contest in the manner to which it should - especially as we've had 3 excellent entries in the last round for some weeks now, and I haven't got round to sorting out the voting thread. So I'm very sorry for this.

[...]

Please reply to this thread to rank your favourites 1st, 2nd & 3rd (1st getting 1 point, 2nd getting 2 points and 3rd getting 1 point)

No need to apologize, I am just glad that you are keeping it alive, no matter when the updates come! I really wanted to join in on this competition but other things got in the way this time. Hopefully I can join in more in the future!

By the way, I reckon you mean that the player who gets the number 1 vote receives 3 points and not 1 point? :) 

Anyway, here is my vote. I am very impressed with all three contributions, and honestly you all paint far better than me so in my eyes you are all number one! 
But  these things stood out to me, hence my vote:

1:  epicsatsuma: Vivid colors, backbanners, nice highlights, and the blue tint on the axe and the orange-esque armor caught my eye. 
2: Lord Alisk: Earthly colors, yet not muted. The face is my favorite part, you really nailed the eyes! I like the color of the beard, too.
3: Pendrakk: Love the beard and the mohawk! The axe looks really cool! The green might be your army color (?), but I like the old school vibe I get from seeing it on the axe handle. 

Well done to all of you, you all paint like winners to me. :) 

#4 epicsatsuma

epicsatsuma

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 09 May 2020 - 03:33 PM

I vote for:

1) Lord Alisk
2) Pendrakk
3) Epicsatsuma

Nice one - good to see you back, I hope all is well :)

#5 Lord Alisk

Lord Alisk

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 16 May 2020 - 04:04 PM

Hello everybody - and thanks for the kind words and for voting too. I'm very keen to keep the painting contest going - but I know I've been slower than I ought to have been. We're all doing well here at home here in Staffordshire, and hope you're all keeping well. And well spotted on they typo Kallstrom - fixed!

My votes:

- 1 - Epicsatsuma - a wonderful vintage model, and with excellent touches like the banner, and the highlights on the scales to bring out the best in this 'red period' classic. 

- 2- Pendrakk - The beard and the lighting on the axe are wonderful to behold - very skillfully done (I don't know how you did it...)

- 3 - Yours truly....

Many thanks everybody for engaging in the contest. Please do have a go in the next round - I think  I know what I'm entering, and I look forward to seeing the rest of the competition.

Cheers,

LA

Edited by Lord Alisk, 16 May 2020 - 04:04 PM.

#6 Lord Alisk

Lord Alisk

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 23 May 2020 - 07:47 AM

And the winner is....

Epicsatsuma

Congratulations to a worthy winner

Many thanks indeed for everyone who entered, voted, or both. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users