• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Luigi

Luigi

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 April 2020 - 03:59 PM

I’ve been part of this forum for over 10 years, but I’ve basically never posted anything, limiting myself to just be awed and inspired by the endless talent many members have displayed.
The creativity, the ingenuity and the skills people have showcased here have been, over the years, a constant source of inspiration.

I’ve decided to "give back" to the forum and actually start posting some pictures as to both contribute to this community and to keep myself motivated in painting.

I’ve been playing/collecting dwarfs since 2007(?) and have a few hundreds painted models forming the bulk of my armies. And just like many of you, I have an inane amount of unpainted models as well as models that need to be stripped and repainted (anything painted pre 2018 REALLY needs a new paint job). I’m looking forward to sharing the joys and burdens of this hobby with my fellow Dawis.

#2 Thorfar Salokin

Thorfar Salokin

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 17 April 2020 - 06:39 AM

Welcome Luigi - although you've been a member for some time. Have a beer on my tab.
Good luck with all the painting and I look forward to seeing the pictures. Also what's the background of your clan and hold? All vital information!

#3 Kallstrom

Kallstrom

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 20 April 2020 - 10:13 AM

Greetings, and welcome out of your hold into the halls of Bugman! :)

#4 Luigi

Luigi

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 01:49 PM

Thank you guys! It's always a pleasure seeing activity on this forum.

Welcome Luigi - although you've been a member for some time. Have a beer on my tab.
Good luck with all the painting and I look forward to seeing the pictures. Also what's the background of your clan and hold? All vital information!

That's a good question! 
I have been working on the fluff but haven't come up with anything too concrete yet. Hopefully this place will be the source of inspiration I need to finalize it.

What I have so far is this:
The hold is located somewhere in the Apuccini mountains in Tilea.

It's a relatively new hold, founded by the surviving warriors (now Longbeards) that fought in the famous battle of Skull Pa

The colours of the hold are green and blue (or blue and green) with no gold or any other metallic accents. I like the subdued  and "comfy" look this gives to the miniatures.

why these colours? and why no gold ? Well in terms of fluff I figured that since they live in Tilea they learned to attract unneeded attention and they quickly picked up on the very Tilean habit of Piangere Miseria which consists in lamenting one poor financial status, regardless of whether true or not.
I'm not sure, this is something that definitely needs a reworking or at least some more details.

The Thane (maybe the lord?) of the hold has ties to the Engineering guild (maybe he was a former member or one of his brothers was?) because of this the hold looks favorably (or less critically) to mechanization: this holds has LOTS of cannons, mortars, bombards, handgunners, pistoliers ...

But also due to the many retirees  Longbeards, there's also a quite heavy contingent of quarrelers, catapults, grudgethrowers, bolt throwers...

Because of their geography these dwarfs don't really grow  barley or hops, instead they grow... grapes and olives! And they even make wine. 
In a sense, grapevines and olive trees are much like dwarfs: they thrive in rocky and elevated terrain, they are slow growing but extremely resilient, require lots of constant attention but yield products of great value and can live for hundreds (if not thousands!) of years.

The Hold is in desperate need of a name as I cannot come up with anything. Maybe something about its colours? Or maybe  its hilly terrain? It'd be fun to have a proper Khazalid name and then a more human (perhaps even Tilean!) name.

Sorry for the super long rambling, I hadn't realized how invested I was in this!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users