Jump to content


Photo

Ravens Over Verflucht: Zelazo Estate


  • Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#1 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

    Dwarf Lord

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 02:43 PM

Dietrich's Company leave the city via the eastern gate and make their way north. While the going is reasonably easy at first, the ground underfoot soon grows mushy and unpleasant.

 

Eventually they arrive at what looks to be a small village. Most of the buildings are made of wood but there is a single stone building that stands out which looks like what might be a chapel. 

 

There is no one in sight.



#2 200Grots

200Grots

    Dwarf Warrior

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 137 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 03:00 PM

Adrick scours the building for any signs of movement ."I'd suggest moving around quietly and searching for signs of life in one or two of the buildings. I will try to cast something to ascertain if the village is haunted" 



#3 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

    Dwarf Lord

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 03:15 PM

Dietrich and Father Aquinas nod in agreement. The wizard and the priest carefully make their way to what looks like the entrance while the militia begin to fan out around the village, led by Casamir the knight. 



#4 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

    Dwarf Lord

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 10:30 PM

Slightly north of the eastern road.

 

Irina was use to the cold, yet that didn't meant it wasn't pleasant. Nor was the squashing of mud beneath her boots a particularly memorable experience either. On the other hand though, she did enjoy the feeling of fresh county air again having been in a city for a day.

 

About ten or so minutes north of a road, Irina noticed a cloaked figure sat on the ground with their head in their hands. She can't tell what they're doing.



#5 vClaw II

vClaw II

    Dwarf Warrior

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 10:41 PM

Irina wants to continue her journey without dallying. Perhaps because she still feels guilty over what she's done, she feels like she can't simply pass this person by without even acknowledging them though. Or perhaps she is hoping for a companion on the road so she can feel a little safer and doesn't have to be on her own with her thoughts.

 

"Excuse me. Are you alright?" she calls when she gets close enough for the figure to hear her, though she keeps walking.


Edited by vClaw II, 30 January 2020 - 10:46 PM.


#6 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

    Dwarf Lord

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 10:45 PM

Irina notices the figure pull away its cloak. She looks in horror when she find herself staring at a young boy, of around fifteen, pig's but with a snout instead of a nose.

 

"Are you here to kill me?" He growls.


Edited by Hero of Rome, 30 January 2020 - 10:46 PM.


#7 vClaw II

vClaw II

    Dwarf Warrior

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 10:48 PM

"What? No! What happened to you? Is there anything I can do to help?"



#8 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

    Dwarf Lord

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 10:51 PM

"I'm a mutant. That's why." He responded solemnly. "Either die by fire or flee. I chose to flee."



#9 vClaw II

vClaw II

    Dwarf Warrior

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 11:04 PM

Irina feels this is no chance encounter, but a test by the gods, and stops. If she can't even help this child, what chance does she have lifting a curse cast by Vlad Von Carstein? 

 

She consults her knowledge on mutations and tries to think of a way they could be treated. Unfortunately the only tale she knows of is of a man sacrificing himself to bring back a family member who had turned into a vile beast. However, she has no idea if it's true.

 

She has an idea and draws her sword, holding it low as she approaches the child. The child's mind is clearly still its own and the mutation perhaps therefore only in its early phases, so maybe...

 

"Hold still, I won't hurt you," she says.

 

She then draws the blade across her inner arm, cutting rather deep (while avoiding making it life. threatening), and spills her blood on the ground at the child's feet. It's not a sacrifice of her life, but this mutation is also not as serious as the one described in the story.

 

"Hear me! I offer my life's blood so this child's curse may be lifted. Take it, or would you prefer the agony of a child over the precious blood of a Kislevian Ice Witch?" she says, closing her eyes.

 

As she feels herself weakening from the loss of blood she winces, drops her sword and clutches the wound to stem the bleeding, then opens her eyes to see if the attempt had any effect.


Edited by vClaw II, 31 January 2020 - 08:50 AM.


#10 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

    Dwarf Lord

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 31 January 2020 - 08:56 AM

The mutant growls and gives Irina a hateful glance, 

 

"I am waiting here for I have heard there shall be a great gathering of those with similar afflictions. And you seek to impede me!." It snarls, it's tone considerably more aggressive. 

 

As the mutant tries to charge Irina through some instinct she succeeds in impaling the wretched creature on her sword. However, she's too weak to retaliate and the being's cowardly nature takes over and it flees northwards.

 

[OOC: Mutant charge Irina. Critical failure on a roll of 99. Mutant suffers one point of damage.]



#11 200Grots

200Grots

    Dwarf Warrior

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 137 posts

Posted 31 January 2020 - 09:26 AM

Adrick begins manipulating the winds of magic, a dark mass swirling around his hands. He mutters the indication in Eltharin. As he finished the final words, the winds of magic vanish slowly. He looks over the surrounding area, his eyes now having a faint black flow to them. He calls out to the group, "I cannot see any spirits or souls surrounding this place with my magical sight, however it is best to err on the side of caution."



#12 vClaw II

vClaw II

    Dwarf Warrior

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 31 January 2020 - 09:29 AM

I try to show compassion, and this is how I'm rewarded?! Irina thinks, scowling.

 

Realizing she's let her feelings get in the way of her better judgement, she decides to let go of her guilt. When did the world ever reward compassion, anyway?

 

She cleans and sheathes her sword, bandages up her wound and carries her staff in her good arm as she travels on, albeit slowed by her injuries.



#13 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

    Dwarf Lord

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 31 January 2020 - 04:46 PM

Village:

 

The group make their way towards the stone building at the centre of the cluster of wooden ones; glances at these don't reveal anything and so they continue to the entrance of the stone structure, albeit with considerable caution. The door was wide open and several parts of the building were unfinished or in disrepair; the building itself was silent and not one bat or rat could be heard. As they rounded a bend they emerged in an open chamber, which seemed to have been originally the choir hall. The roof of this section is, for once, complete. Inside, sat at a desk in the corner is elderly man with a large amount of facial hair in bare-feet and dressed in simple robes.

 

"Father, Aquinas?" The man asked."What brings you up here and who are these companions you've brought with you?"

 



#14 vClaw II

vClaw II

    Dwarf Warrior

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 31 January 2020 - 08:37 PM

Irina tried to reach out with her magic to try and sense the presence of the mage she was after, but she didn't feel it. Of course, in her weakened state, she couldn't expect much. 

 

She considered the mutant's words that a gathering of similar creatures would soon occur and wondered if it could be connected to the evil presence of Dhar in the region. In any case, it didn't make her feel safer.

 

With nothing better to do but travel onward, Irina started chanting a merry tune to lift her spirits.

 

"Oh snowy blanket, I tread upon your soil,

Carry me far from war and turmoil.

 

My step is light but my heart is not 

Behind me are things long forgot

I must carry on I must find my way,

even if there is a sacrifice to make.

 

Twigs will crack on the path I tread,

but I will always look ahead.

 

I leave footprints in the snow, 

deep footprints in the snow..."


Edited by vClaw II, 01 February 2020 - 11:04 PM.


#15 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

    Dwarf Lord

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 01 February 2020 - 08:26 PM

Village:

 

Before Adrick can respond, a man in his thirties with filthy leather armour and long unkept facial hair arrived through a back door. Upon seeing Dietrich and Adrick he promptly raised a crossbow at the elf. 

 

"Hands where I can seem them, now." The man demands.

 

"Calm yourself, brother Oliver." Jurgen commanded calmly. "These two are here to help us."

 

"I don't trust neither of them - that wizard looks like a necromancer, all pale and all with his scythe staff. And elves, nothing good comes of them, they've got pointy ears like the devil." Oliver snaps.

 

 


Edited by Hero of Rome, 01 February 2020 - 08:26 PM.


#16 200Grots

200Grots

    Dwarf Warrior

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 137 posts

Posted 02 February 2020 - 10:28 AM

Adrick slowly raises his hands. "My name is Adrick and this is Dietrich. We are here on official purpose on the emperor to break the curse surrounding this region. I suggest you'd better lower that crossbow if you want our help. No good swinging it around, you'll poke someone's eye out."



#17 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

    Dwarf Lord

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 02 February 2020 - 06:15 PM

The crossbowman gives Jurgen a glance and, after a reassuring nod from the old man, lowers the crossbow.

 

"So you say, how do you propose to break it." He asks in a demanding tone.



#18 200Grots

200Grots

    Dwarf Warrior

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 137 posts

Posted 03 February 2020 - 01:04 PM

"We are collecting artefacts related to the Zelazo estate which we believe could act as magical amplifiers for the curse, think similar to the elven waystones if you know the theory. By conducting a cleansing ritual on these items, we hope to remove the curse of the estate." Adrick replied.



#19 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

    Dwarf Lord

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 03 February 2020 - 06:14 PM

The man gives Jurgen another unconvinced glance before looking over Adrick and Dietrich cautiously. 

 

"If you know of a way to relieve Adelhard of his suffering when we shall assist you; I do not understand the magic ritual you aim to cast but I may be familiar with those artefacts you seek. However, before I agree, I wish to ask something of you in return." The man responds.



#20 200Grots

200Grots

    Dwarf Warrior

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 137 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 08:56 PM

"What is it you ask of in return?" Adrick raises an eyebrow, intrigued at his proposition. 






0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users