952 replies to this topic

#941 Ben the Barman

Ben the Barman

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 29 March 2020 - 10:45 AM

As friedelbert heard Maximilian say "schnapps" he stopped pouring wine and stared over on panic. By no means whatsoever was Maximilian allowed to drink any spirits. Friedelbert had seen what happens before and most certainly did not want it happening here. He walked over to the gambling table and tried to pry Maximilian away. " Pay the man maxi, it's best we leave the gambling to the others!" He hoped it wasn't too late and that max hadn't yet drank any alcohol.....

#942 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 29 March 2020 - 11:07 AM

Ball:

No one was willing to lend Maximilian any money, aside from Sylvestor who was willing to lend him four crowns.

The noble remained seated, waiting for his coin. The dwarf with the forked beard stood behind Maximilian and threatened to break every bone in his body if he tried to cheat his opponent of any winnings.

As Maximilian and the dwarf started to play Freidelbert arrived.

"Ah, Freidelbert. Fancy a round?" Sylvestor said with a smile.

Edited by Hero of Rome, 29 March 2020 - 11:23 AM.

#943 Ben the Barman

Ben the Barman

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 29 March 2020 - 11:17 AM

"of course, everything, I'm all in!"

#944 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 29 March 2020 - 11:21 AM

The game was over remarkably quickly, with Freidelbert easily winning two zero against Sylvestor.

"By Sigmar, I haven't been this royally thrashed in years. Here's your coin, sir." Sylvestor said.

Meanwhile, the noble was still waiting for Maximilian to pay up and the dwarf remained stood, menacingly, behind him.

Edited by Hero of Rome, 29 March 2020 - 11:22 AM.

#945 Ben the Barman

Ben the Barman

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 29 March 2020 - 11:33 AM

" I haven't gambled for a while, I don't even know why I decided to play in the first place. Well anyhow, here is my friend s debt paid. No more gambling for you maxi!" (Ooc I just stepped in massive pile of horse "I swear too much" whilst typing. Should teach me not to be on my phone whilst walking my dog in nature )

#946 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 29 March 2020 - 01:16 PM

[OOC: Sounds fun. Well, I'm sure you can get your boot(s) cleaned up :)

#947 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 30 March 2020 - 08:24 PM

[OOC: Ok, so the hostage situation can go on without player interaction, there will be a default ending if no one wants to get involved. If neither of you three want to get involved, I'll move it along for bit and give you another chance to get involved if anyone has a change of heart. For the ball, I'm waiting to see what Maximilian wants to do. Hary, for all intents and purposes, is still dancing and I'll give him an opportunity to take a breather and, if he likes, do something else once the situation with Maximilian has been diffused]

Edited by Hero of Rome, 30 March 2020 - 08:29 PM.

#948 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 06:06 PM

Marius made his way to the sergeant and said, "It seems you have things well in hand here sir.  I must confess that I was worried earlier in the day, but what I have seen so far has put my mind to rest."

He then pointed towards the door leading further into the temple before saying, "Those two were most helpful to me.  As I am writing a report for the priest, and I forgot to ask their names, who are they so I can make an accurate report?"

#949 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 07:19 PM

Before Zyvik could reply shouts and screams, alongside the tell tale chorus of steel clashing upon steel suddenly filled Marius' ears. Zyvik also seem to have heard this and soon he, marius and the soldiers, as well as the three veterans were rushing to the main gate. 

Upon seeing the soldiers approach the apparent leader of the attacking group, a tall man wearing a mask in (bar the blood stains) good quality clothes, seized a member of the congregation by throat and dragged him to the temple entrance with a sword to his throat. Marius realised he wore a symbol of Verena hanging from his necklace.

"Every step further will cost you, with the blood of an innocent." He declared in an authoritative tone. "Come any further and folk will die!"

Outside the temple Marius tried to peer inside. He couldn't quite make out what was going on however, he noticed eleven attackers, all wearing masks. A large congregation of a few dozen wretched individuals cowering in the corner and two militia men tied up beside them. Five of the attackers wore leather armour and wielded swords while three had improvised weapons. The other two were a little different. Both wore mail shirts, but one had a sword while the other was equipped with a two handed axe and had a bow strapped to his back.

#950 Davidolo

Davidolo

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:23 AM

„What say you my friends, double or nothing“ Maximilian asked?
(Ooc would I be able to pay what I owe now?)

#951 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:44 AM

[OOC: If you count Freidelbert's donation, yes you can pay up].

#952 Davidolo

Davidolo

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted Today, 06:12 AM

(Ooc: ok then I wait whether they want to do double or nothing. If not I pay up)

#953 Ben the Barman

Ben the Barman

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted Today, 09:32 AM

"Maximilian, must you always be so reckless? This is hard earned coin! What are you even going to spend it on if you win?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users