952 replies to this topic

#1 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 10:20 AM

As the sun sets and night draws in, the city of Verflucht opens its gates to a strange assortment of visitors.

(1) A pair of wizards are sat in the Golden Comet Inn. One is a tall, bald, wiry man with a less than appealing and pallor complexion. He wears dark purple robes and has a large hood of the same colour hung over his head, partly concealing his appearnce. The wizard bears a large scythe with a hilt that is fashioned in such a way to resemble a swirl of bleached bones and a well made sword hangs at his side in a rather plain black sheath. Finally, hung around his neck, is a curious silver symbol crafted in the shape of a raven. His companion is an elf, dressed in fine vibrant blue and white robes with an ornate two handed sword strapped to his back.

(2) This unusual pair of figures will soon be seen by a group of four armed men marching up the main road past the barracks, having arrived by boat from the small dock in the south of the town. Three of these men are leading horses while the fourth walks along on foot. The lead man wears immaculately polished full plate armour and is clean shaven, the younger man at his side appears to have mimicked his superior in this fashion. There is another older man, with a beard and moustache as well as a crossbow strapped to his back in mail armour, taking up the rear guard while a second younger man in a smart, albeit primitive uniform and leather armour walks along beside him.

(3) To the east of the city, coming past a block of houses, is a second group of armed individuals. Five of these are men while the sixth is a dwarf. The dwarf is dressed in a blue and white uniform and has a firearm strapped to his back.

(4) Finally, to the north of the town, a pair of tall, well dressed men with erudite dispositions head down to the tavern from the Temple of Sigmar.

(5) At the west gate a hooded Kislevian woman and a group of mercenaries arrive upon being admitted by the guards.

All of these 'guests' are making their way to the Golden Comet Inn, or are there already, where they might find rest and a meal for the evening.

The interior of the Golden Comet Inn is warm, comely, and well maintained and there are about a dozen tables, each with four chairs, and a counter - as well as a small door to the left which leads into the kitchen. There is a tall sturdy man in his fifties with piercing green eyes and dark brown hair  in exceptionally good physical condition, stood at the counter making calculations on an abacus and jotting down orders on a piece of paper. As well as the pair of wizards there are also several other groups seated in the inn. On two of the tables are four soldiers apiece and, towards the back of the room at a table which provides vision across the entire floor, are a trio of grim looking men. The first is unmistakably a Witch Hunter with his tall brimmed hat, pistol and plate armour; the second is a hulking bear of a man with a beard, and the third is a mercenary who has a flaming warhammer painted onto his shield [OOC: Think of the Witch Hunter as Aragorn Strider in Bree sat in the corner in the Fellowship of the Ring film. That's the general image I'm going for.]

For those entering, a huge and sarly Norscan bearing a massive black beard stands guard at the door with a two handed axe strapped to his back.

[OOC 2: I've essentially merged all the character introductions together into one introduction.

200Grots is in the Golden Comet (point 1 on map)

Amovehacker is walking past the barracks (point 7 on map)

Richlieb124 is next to house block 54 (point 54 on map)

Ben the Barman and Davidolo have just left the Temple of Sigmar (point 2 on map)

vClawII is at the western gate (point 63 on map)

Edited by Hero of Rome, 11 February 2020 - 09:20 PM.

#2 Ben the Barman

Ben the Barman

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 01:16 PM

Friedelbert and Maximilian walked down the road to the tavern. Upon arriving they looked up to see the massive norscan doorman. " Best of the evening to you my good man" said friedelbert, nudging his companion to do the same. " We are to start work at the temple of sigmar, the priest Gunther Ehrburg has told us we can seek lodgings here for the night until our rooms are ready?" Friedelbert sized the norscan up. Even compared to himself this man was a beast. More than to get himself an ale, than to get out of the cold, he hoped the doorman would let them pass without any ado.

#3 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 01:18 PM

The Norscan was over six and a half feet tall, towering over both of the men who were rather tall themselves. Nodding, and grunting in a language neither Friedelbert nor Maxamilian could understand, the Norscan stood to one side and pointed towards the open door, gesturing to the pair that they could enter.

Edited by Hero of Rome, 01 March 2020 - 09:46 PM.

#4 Ben the Barman

Ben the Barman

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 01:30 PM

Walking briskly inside friedelbert made his way straight towards the bar." My good man, I require two rooms for the night, a pint of ale, and a glass of milk for my companion,not too cold". Friedelbert directed his request vaguely at the bar. He was used to frequenting taverns and getting what he wanted, he didn't think that this might not be the case here.

#5 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 01:34 PM

Johann eyed up the two men carefully before holding out his palm. "That would be six shillings and two pennies please, sirs," he replied. 

Johann clapped his hand twice and an attractive young woman with brown hair, who looked about twenty, appeared through the back door behind the counter. "Two ales please, Aemilia." The young woman nodded and headed back through the door. 

Edited by Hero of Rome, 01 March 2020 - 09:48 PM.

#6 Ben the Barman

Ben the Barman

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 01:38 PM

"aemila ay? What d'ya reckon Maximilian?" Friedelbert muttered to his companion.Friedelbert had always liked the ladies, and they him. Not for his looks or charm, more for his coin.not that friedelbert knew this explicitly though

#7 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 01:41 PM

Johann raised his eyebrows and gave Freidelbert a "I heard that" stare.

At that moment four armed men marched through the door. "One two bedroom room, Two private rooms and four meals along with ales master Schatten!" The lead man declared, tossing a coin pouch across the room that Johann easily caught. 

Edited by Hero of Rome, 01 March 2020 - 09:48 PM.

#8 Ben the Barman

Ben the Barman

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 01:42 PM

Spotting the man who looked like a witch hunter he ask Maximilian," isnt that the chap the priest said to speak to?" "Sorry barkeep, what is that man's name? The one with the brimmed hat?"

Edited by Ben the Barman, 28 January 2020 - 01:46 PM.

#9 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 01:45 PM

Golden Comet:

"Herr Colberg." Johann replied.

Meanwhile the four men moved a table up against the one where the two wizards where sat and sat down.

"Evening Siegfried, I take it that your travel was upset by a number of complications?" The hooded wizard replied dryly.

"Indeed, we were ambushed by beastmen three times and our boat was attacked by a river beast." The knight retorted. 

Town Square: 

The party of six see the light of the inn ahead of them as they walk through the town square. The dwarf, whose eyes are more accustomed to the dark and who is slightly ahead, spots the giant Norscan doorman.

Edited by Hero of Rome, 01 March 2020 - 09:49 PM.

#10 Ben the Barman

Ben the Barman

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 02:23 PM

" so your name is Schatten? Wouldn't happen to know an Abraham by chance ?"

#11 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 02:24 PM

"I do. He's my brother and runs a practice by the Temple of Morr." Johann replies.

#12 Roangrur Thundermight Ulle

Roangrur Thundermight Ulle

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 02:52 PM

Roangrur studies the human town, watching with something akin to curiosity as he moves through the street to the Golden Commet. His slower pace falling behind, and with his distracted thoughts he didn't seem to mind. Arriving to the Inn a few steps behind his companions. He examined the tavern room, human inns were always so interesting. He took in the strange sights, from the massive Umgi standing a head over most humans to the treacherous Elgi.

He seethed for a moment, but left it alone. He wasn't here to settle a grudge. Walking to the counter he waited for the innkeepers attention. "Oi I need your best ale." He grumbled loudly to the man, expecting something he likely wouldn't get.

#13 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 02:54 PM

Johann looks over the counter down at Roangrur. "That'd be a penny. You'll also be pleased to know that it's dwarf made." The innkeeper added, as if reading his thoughts.

Edited by Hero of Rome, 28 January 2020 - 02:55 PM.

#14 Roangrur Thundermight Ulle

Roangrur Thundermight Ulle

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 03:06 PM

The dwarf placed two pennies on the counter his eyes betraying a look of surprise. He'd not had good Dawi ale in over two weeks. Waiting for his drink he then added a shilling to the stack. "I'm here looking for work. Where can I meet Captain Roth?"

#15 BmoveHacker

BmoveHacker

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 03:22 PM

Golden Comet:

Hary looks around the Tavern and is surprised by the heavy commotion, as it almost deafens out his own thoughts. Touching the spot where the Ungor shot him he was still pretty relieved the party managed to fight off the Bestigor that attacked them. "Had I made the wrong decisions I might've had my head split". Hary couldn't help but ponder what would've happened had he or someone screwed up.  Out of the corner of his eye he peeked at the mighty Norscan who was brandishing his giant axe. Unable to calm down, Hary decides to rest his head on the table.

#16 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 03:34 PM

"You'll be able to find him at the town barracks, its to the south of here by the fields in the west of the town. He sometimes comes over in the evening though. He's a tall man, rather handsome who wears full plate armour and a cavalry hamlet." Johann replies to Roangrur.

Edited by Hero of Rome, 02 March 2020 - 10:03 PM.

#17 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 03:35 PM

"Feeling alright?" Siegfried asks Hary quietly. 

Edited by Hero of Rome, 28 January 2020 - 03:48 PM.

#18 Ben the Barman

Ben the Barman

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 03:36 PM

Friedelbert glances over at the dwarf who had just placed an order, "your folk make fine Ale, I'll give u that! " He tilts his pint towards the dwarf cheersing him. " Right Maximilian we'd better ask if we can speak to the witch hunter, I feel there may be some coin in it for us!" Although friedelbert had originally planned to change his ways his craving for alcohol, women and drink had clearly returned. It'd been a while since he'd had a fight though, perhaps it'd be better to get back in shape. He placed a hand on his massive belly

Edited by Ben the Barman, 28 January 2020 - 03:37 PM.

#19 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 03:38 PM

A group of burghers enter the inn and promptly sit themselves down at a table. Behind them comes a beautiful woman of about fifty with her brown hair in a braid, who could be passed over for someone two decades younger. She looks suspiciously similar to Aemila, who re-enters the bar through the side door to the left of the counter with two drinks and brings them up to Freidelbert and Maximilian as they walk towards the Witch Hunter.

Edited by Hero of Rome, 02 March 2020 - 10:02 PM.

#20 Ben the Barman

Ben the Barman

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 03:41 PM

"look at 'er ey Maximilian, whatdya reckon?"

Edited by Ben the Barman, 28 January 2020 - 03:41 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users