Photo

Well This Is Interesting...is The Old World Truly Back?

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#61 Thorgrimmir

Thorgrimmir

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 07 February 2020 - 09:09 AM

As Hero of Rome has said; it looks like it will be set during the Age of the Three Emperors. And while its an interesting time period I can only feel that its a bit restrictive when it comes to races. After all, the dwarfs mantained neutrality during the conflict, bretonnia was doing its own thing, chaos was building its forces up and the greenskins and skaven were nowhere to be seen

#62 Lord Alisk

Lord Alisk

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 07 February 2020 - 05:19 PM

If the setting is focused on the Empire Civil War I can still view that as very interesting and with plenty of scope for dwarfs - a lot depends on how GW handle it. It might be a means for them to slim down production costs - so they only have to make one set of new figures and you pain them differently.

But the dwarfs (and High elves, Skaven & everyone else) was still trundling around in the Empire Civil War - there's no obvious reason why they cannot come along too. They're still there - they're just not the focus. But since the War of the Beard & the Time off Woes I'm not sure if the dwarfs ever were...

On the other hand, I've got a small Empire army, so I'd be happy enough with an Empire oriented release, at least initially. 

#63 Bugman

Bugman

Master Dwarf Brewer

• Brewery Masters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,627 posts
Contributor

Posted 08 February 2020 - 02:47 PM

Really starting to light my wick on this again, looking good

#64 Timothius

Timothius

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 February 2020 - 03:52 PM

If the setting is focused on the Empire Civil War...What was happening with the Dawi? When was the last known report of a Golem being in use? Does this rewind to the old world open up options to new (old) forgotten runes, heroes and equipment. I dont have enough lore to make educated guesses.

#65 silashand

silashand

Living Ancestor

• Brewery Masters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,807 posts

Posted 10 February 2020 - 09:19 AM

Really starting to light my wick on this again, looking good

If this is even remotely good I may have to dust off the old Dawi once again. Very stoked for this!

#66 jouke1988

jouke1988

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 01:51 PM

I am really excited to see what GW comes up with. So far they are quite limiting themselves to the possibilities. Like Thorgrimmir mentioned, a lot of the races won't make the cut if they take this limited map. It will however cover several human factions. That makes that I lean towards a boxed game with a limited number of armies available. And even though I hope that it will be a full game, I am being more and more hesitant in my hunger for this release.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users