#1 LiveWaaaaagh

LiveWaaaaagh

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 07:43 PM

Hi all,

In the coming weeks, I'll be bringing Thorgrim out for the first time in a 2600 pt Dwarfs vs High Elves game of 8th edition.

Has anyone fielded him? If so, how did he do? Any advice?

Here's my list:

General: THE Thorgrim Grudgebearer

Master Engineer w/ rune of stone  + brace of pistols

Runesmith w/ rune of spellbreaking, rune of stone, shield

Thane BSB - rune of grugni, shield on Oath stone.

30 Longbeards w/shields + Fc w/rune of battle (Thorgrim here)

14 Thunderers w/shields , musician + standard

Gyro

20 Ironbreakers w/FC w/rune of stoicism (BSB Thane here)

10 Miners w/FC and Steam Drill

10 Irondrakes w/FC + trollhammer torpedo

Organ Gun w/ rune of accuracy

Things to consider: He has brought the 30 white lion horde w BotWD before. I'm thinking of leaving the organ gun with no runes for that purpose, or making space for a Grudge Thrower.

He has a Frost heart, though he hasn't fielded it yet.

Otherwise, I'm expecting RBTs, Phoenix Guard, White Lions and a big horde of Spearmen.

Note: I only have 1 gyro and in terms of remaining units to throw in: Cannon, GT, Slayers, additional heroes.

I could also remove the trollhammer, 1 Thudnerer and the IB champion and add the Grudge Thrower - naked.

Let me know - The High King Marches!

#2 Zidane_blade

Zidane_blade

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 01:10 PM

Hmmmmmmmmmm, how well do expect your BSB to fair in challenges?
Sure hes got a 4+ ward, but hes only T5 with two wounds.

#3 LiveWaaaaagh

LiveWaaaaagh

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 02:11 PM

Depends who he's fighting, I suppose. He's mostly fielded a Prince with S6 or so. I could give him a more tanky build, but then I'd lose the 5+ward on shooting, adn he's brought several RBTs in the past. I don't have more Ironbreaker bodies, so if we were to start losing 5-6-7 IBs via shooting, I'd be in some trouble.

Any ideas?

#4 Zidane_blade

Zidane_blade

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 03:48 PM

My point was merely, if you put him on an oath stone, he HAS to accept a challenge. Hes too important to be killed, just right of the bat.
Granted, the oath stone have some awesome features, but personally its just too risky.
He could just as easily be placed in a corner of the unit, minimizing the attacks on him.

#5 LiveWaaaaagh

LiveWaaaaagh

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 05:45 PM

Thanks for the feedback. It's true, however, at 20 units, the Ironbreaker unit is a bit small for 2600. If I can parry to all sides, then I feel better about it. I might feel differently vs VC or Chaos. but I feel comfortable with the risk. (Might regret it, but we'll see).

#6 jouke1988

jouke1988

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 03:44 PM

In my honest opinion I'd put Thorgrim in the Ironbreaker Unit. Those Longbeards will be able to survive a lot and the Ironbreakers could use some help. The Irondrakes and Organ Gun are fine however, you might want to take off the RoAccuracy because you have the Engineer. He will give a reroll and improve the BS of the Organ Gun. I'd remove the FC from the Miners and just give it a Musician. You could use the points to buff up the Organ Gun, remove the Engineer and put in the Grudge thrower. That would make the list this: Thorgim Runesmith RoSpellbreaking, RoStone, Shield Thane, BSB, RoGrugni, Shield 30 Longbeards, Shields, FC 14 Thunderers, Shields, Musician, Standard 20 Ironbreakers, FC, RoStoicism Grudge Thrower, RoAccuracy 10 miners FC, Blastin Charges 10 Irondrakes, FC, Trollhammer Torpedo Organ Gun, RoForging, RoAccuracy I'd put Thorgrim with the Ironbreakers, as well as the BSB, The Runesmith can go into the Thunderers to give them some additional umpf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users