242 replies to this topic

#121 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 08:00 PM

"Could say that." Lars said. "Ran into your friends, by an alter in fact, in the abbey. Like to know a bit more about it - satisfy my curiosity would you? I found a book as well, you happen to know anything about that?" Lars asked. 

Edited by Hero of Rome, 11 July 2019 - 08:06 PM.

#122 200Grots

200Grots

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 06:11 PM

Kabal hand covering his eyes from the coarse red sand, peers up at the position of the Sun, the day rapidly drawing to a close.  

He grumbles, irritated at the prospect of both his weapons gone and having to source new ones. "The hospitality of those Dwarves are the lowest I've seen, even the Druchii make better hosts! We'd better make tracks for there may be an angry Dwarven patrol heading this way."

He thinks for a moment, weighing up the options."I reckon the Abbey is the best place to stay for the night, what do you think?"

Edited by 200Grots, 12 July 2019 - 06:11 PM.

#123 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 09:57 PM

Abbey

"Come join me," says the Tilean as Lars moves to sit across form him on a low cot. 

"I know little of these Bretonnian abbeys," says the man as he smiles at Lars.  "We can ask Maynard when he returns though I doubt he can help with the book.  As far as I know the man can't read."

He said the last with a little laugh before continuing, "I had hoped you would reconsider traveling with us as we seek to unravel the mystery of the ancient city.  Would you mind letting me know what all you found?  The garbled rumors that I heard in New Haven are, I'm sure, exaggerated greatly."

OOC:  Hero, let me know if you want to talk in more detail with the man or not.  As far as Grots and Thunderforge go, if there is no objections to returning to the abbey then I will hand out XP and figure out what Lars will be doing for the next hour.  Once that is done, we can merge your timelines together once more.  You three are roughly an hour apart at this point so we can upgrade XP and get you all back together soon.

#124 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 10:08 PM

"Sure, why not." Lars replied.

"Huh, exaggerated greatly? Yeah, that's an understatement...Ruins - we broke in, we being me, the two wizards and the elf. That is to say we fell in when the wizards failed to lift up a well. There was some sort of trap there in which the floor caved in. Essentially, down in the depths of the ruins we discovered a daemon and this daemon was certainly no run of the mill Bloodletter or Screamer. It's powerful, has a strong grasp of the arcane arts and has a devilishly big ego to boot. One of the Light Wizards was killed by the creature in the depths but the rest of us succeeded in escaping. Good news is the daemon's trapped down there - some glowing green substance serves as a type of ward, in simple terms a barrier that prevents said daemon from escaping. The only green substance that I know of is Warpstone, but that doesn't at all confirm the identify of said substance down there. One last thing. The area where the daemon was trapped - magic, Chaos energy flows in the depths. Taal's grace protected me from mutation, but I can't talk for the elf and other wizard! On that subject, I know the elf, and a dwarf was with him, came up this way to the mine, but the second wizard - as far as I understand - didn't accompany them." Lars finished. 

"When your friend Meynard returns I trust that you will return the favour." Lars added.

Edited by Hero of Rome, 16 July 2019 - 08:27 AM.

#125 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 07:59 PM

Lars tells his story to the man as his companions return to join them.  It is slow going as the man attempts to translate what is said.

Finally it is Lars' turn to get information and he passes the book he found over to the men.  After a time it is returned to Lars.

"He says it 'es nothing more then a book of praise, though I do not think he can reads it," the man says.  "Now for out part in all this tale."

"We's have been sent ahead to scout the region.  Once we learned of the demon, we's set out to rejoin the wizarding party.  We also have dire warnings to give them."

The man then goes on to inform Lars of a secret cult, shrouded in mystery.  Apparently, this cult has survived both the fall of Nekehara and the long years in secret, always waiting to return to the place of their worship.  The worship of Z'temanek in the valley of Zan'ek.

The men inform Lars that these cultists will soon seek out the group that had disturbed Z'temanek's slumber.  What they wish to do with the wizard party is a mystery, but they most hurry to give the warning.

While this is happening inside the Abbey, outside Bel-Kabal and Thrang return with the setting sun.  Each is covered with the red dust of the region and tired from their exertions as they stumble towards the Abbey door.  Bel-Kabal sees the blind man upon the roof as he is patching the tiles and humming softly to himself.

#126 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 08:05 PM

"Great - as if this situation couldn't get any worse." Lars growled. "Z'temanek - good name for a clown. Look," Lars said. "I received a job from a priest in Haven Rock; I was hired to hunt down and destroy a group of cultists, said to be in this area. Do you have any idea where these cultists you're talking about might be based? Destroying them, and their operation, before they can get the daemon involved would be in the best interests of us all."

Edited by Hero of Rome, 17 July 2019 - 09:11 PM.

#127 200Grots

200Grots

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 08:28 PM

Weary from the travel, Kabal calls up to the man. “You, up there, can you help us with safe accommodation for the night?” He waves to him trying to get his attention.

#128 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 01:16 AM

Outside

The man on the roof turns his head towards Bel-Kabal and replies, "Who are you going to be?  You are going to be talking in a funny voice but that isn't going to be all that strange with all the new comers going to be coming here."

Inside

The man shrugs and says, "I only have rumors to go on really, but they are suppose to be hold up to the west of here in some sort of ancient crypt.  We need to find the others before we go trying to assault them.  It may be that our best course of action is to leave here, or at least lay low for a bit."

#129 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 08:14 AM

"Yeah, you're right. As of now, we should spend the night here - I wouldn't want to go out travelling during the night. In the mean time how about you all tell me about yourselves - I like to know who I'm working with." Lars replied.

#130 200Grots

200Grots

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 11:21 AM

"I am Kabal, and my companion Thrang here, are only seeking a place to sleep for the night. Who are you and what newcomers do you talk of?" Kabal asks, momentarily intrigued.

#131 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 07:56 PM

The man on the roof chats happily with Bel-Kabal as the dwarf stands nearby saying nothing.  From the man's rambling dialog, it seems that a group of men have come earlier in the day and are also seeking lodgings against the night.  The man had only nice things to say of these men and claimed they had tried to help him out.

"If you are going to want to stay then you will be very welcomed.  You can be going in and meeting with everyone." he concludes at the end of his rambling.

Inside, the Tilean smiles at Lars and says, "You've earned that much for sure friend.  My name is Lazzaro del' Castello.  My friends here are Claude Bresson and Enrico Cortez.  I am from Tilea, my friends are from Bretonnia and Estalia respectively."

#132 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 08:04 PM

"Lazzaro, Claude and Enrico. Interesting names. Even more interesting is how Maynard's name has changed to Cluade." Lars replied.

Edited by Hero of Rome, 21 July 2019 - 08:12 PM.

#133 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 01:12 AM

"Claude Maynard Bresson," says the man waving a hand at the Bretonnian.  "So what is your name friend?"

#134 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 07:45 AM

"Lars - bounty hunter. What is it, exactly, that you do?" Lars continued.

Edited by Hero of Rome, 18 September 2019 - 09:04 PM.

#135 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 11:15 AM

The man smiles and winks as he says, “We do what the man with the coin wants done. Right now, that man is this group of wizards and they have a bit of coin, no?”

OOC: at this point, it is getting dark outside so we can progress the story to the next day whenever you all are ready.

#136 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 11:49 AM

"And if it's a cultist who has the coin, would you do he wants too?" Lars remarked.

Edited by Hero of Rome, 22 July 2019 - 11:52 AM.

#137 200Grots

200Grots

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 04:58 PM

Kabal warily starts to make his way inside, looking back at Thrang still hovering outside, undecided. "I'd say this is the best we're going get. There's not much time before the sun heads down." 

#138 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 26 July 2019 - 02:14 PM

As the sun fades away the wind begins to die down.  As the swirling dust abates, a waning Mannslieb comes into view and illuminates the surrounding area.  The old man continues to work on the roof as the elf and dwarf heads inside.  They soon find that the abbey is occupied by four men, one of which is Lars who they had worked with back in New Haven.

As the group prepares sleeping quarters, they have a few minutes to chat before turning in.

#139 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 26 July 2019 - 02:16 PM

OOC:  The game is now in full swing again.  In my next update, I will be progressing time and simulating sleep for everyone.  I also gave everyone the natural healing of wounds per day.

Edited by Glyfi Ironbeard, 26 July 2019 - 02:18 PM.

#140 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 26 July 2019 - 07:41 PM

Lars looked up and noticed a pair of figures wander into the chamber. Although caked the omnipresent blood red dust of the region, a feature of the region less to Lars' liking, it was clear that the pair were Kabal the elf and Thrang the Dwarf. Standing up Lars gestured to Kabal. "Kabal - we need to have a talk, in private ideally."

Edited by Hero of Rome, 26 July 2019 - 07:41 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users