Photo

Skeleton Chariot (Getting Back To Painting)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 dazza36

dazza36

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 08:21 AM

So I should be posting pictures of my growing dwarf throng but sadly I've been lacking in motivation to do any painting over the last few months. In an effort to get back into the swing of things a few weeks ago I had a good search through my lead pile to see if there was anything that caught my eye. I needed something that would be easy and quick to paint but at the same time inspire me to do more painting. I couldn't find anything that really jumped out but then whilst looking through some online blogs I came across the classic skeleton chariot and I knew that was what I needed. Luckily Ebay was able to sort me out and soon I was in possession of a classic skeleton war machines box. A quick bath in Dettol and I was ready to start and here's the progress so far (all still W.I.P)…

5b2nhc.jpg

2nw03q.jpg

n6xpts.jpg

23ueis1.jpg

I love how simple this has been to paint, no small details or lots of clutter just bone and a few rags! I've tried to make the cover on the chariot look like the rotten flesh from the dragon used to create it. All the bone is getting the same treatment start with an off-white colour then lots of washes of various browns and a glaze of green mixed in. Then pick up some highlights. Anyway hope you like and fingers crossed the next thing with be my completed dwarf unit!!!

#2 Thorgrimmir

Thorgrimmir

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 10:44 AM

Quite the impressive ride!

#3 epicsatsuma

epicsatsuma

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 06:26 PM

Nice work! Hopefully you'll be back in full painting mode in no time :)

#4 dazza36

dazza36

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 06 April 2019 - 08:08 PM

Just a quick photo to show progress. Chariot is very close to complete and have painted up a couple of the crew and working on the rest. The driver has been pinned in place but still unsure which of the champions will finally get the pleasure of riding in the back.

2uh9sph.jpg

#5 dazza36

dazza36

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 07:09 PM

Really beginning to enjoy painting these skeletons and have got my hands on even more of them which means I'm definitely getting my painting mojo back but does mean dwarfs are going on the back burner for a while longer.

Anyway here's the next 3 characters.

255ieqg.jpg

919h83.jpg

r1kc9j.jpg

#6 Thorgrimmir

Thorgrimmir

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 08:09 AM

Can't help enjoying the skeletons expression. They look so happy!

#7 dazza36

dazza36

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 08:13 PM

@Thorgrimmir : yes now you mention it alot of them do seem to be grinning!!

Finished of the chariot and really happy with the results. Moving on to painting up Morbius and after that I've aquired a nice complete box of original Skeleton Army so just 50+ plastic skeletons then i promise back to the dwarfs!!!

4utcfl.jpg

2up4iv8.jpg

23tmk1w.jpg

xmic1c.jpg

#8 Thorgrimmir

Thorgrimmir

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 21 April 2019 - 09:17 AM

According to legend, when Captain Hanz of the Nulns 5th Division was faced with the skeleton chariot he was recorded saying:
"I want to get off Mr. Bones wild ride" as ge was being dragged away.
Lovely stuff!

#9 Thunderförge

Thunderförge

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 10:17 PM

That chariot deserves to take it’s rightful place on the cover of an 80’s metal album, check out the black manes on the horses!!
Awesome work, drinks all round!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users