42 replies to this topic

#41 Thorfar Salokin

Thorfar Salokin

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 30 June 2019 - 11:22 PM

Managed to squeeze in a game of 8th a couple of weekends ago although used Bretonnians vs Beastmen

Unfortunately my regular opponent has become so irritated at bouncing off my Ironbreakers he's designed a minotaur lord (well lady actually - Madam Hoof ... remember the very old Slaanesh greater demon - yes that) to clobber them. So my poor old knights with armour & ward were just ... lunch!

Oh well - play and learn.

#42 dienekes

dienekes

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 February 2020 - 11:56 PM

My apologies -  I had planned on detailed campaign story here, but have lost most of my notes over the last 6 months. But you will be happy to hear the pass was defended four times against a horde of Skaven (a 1000 point, two 2000 point and one 3000 battles.) The Skaven were sent packing in glorious fashion! Though the worst that happened was losing my left flank in one battle - the Ironbreakers with my Runelord were ran down by a plague furnace, plague monk horde (the Runelord challenged and killed the Plague champion on the furnace though, before they broke and and were ran down.)  

#43 Thorfar Salokin

Thorfar Salokin

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 08:31 AM

Great news that the raki were crushed and sent fleeing. A glorious victory for the dawi

I must confess to a less impressive display. My dwarfen throng marched out to face the chivalry of bretonnia. Now I'd been using the bretonnians myself recently & been trounced every time - they hit like a wet rag and were marginally tougher than a halfling so I was pretty confident. Always a bad sign!

Anyway my deployment was poor & first turn moving (they prayed naturally) equally bad. At which point a huge unit of grail knights avoided my 'do your worst' slayer unit & crashed into my longbeards. Carnage! They broke & the knight's overrun brought them into contact with my quarrellers who were also routed. The only consolation was they'd managed to down a couple of the grail knights into the bargain.

To add to the misery my runesmiths had gone too leaving me vulnerable to that nasty life magic.

Thank Grungni for dwarfen resilience. The remaining units battled back and my gyrocopter managed to steam enough peasants to make them flee taking the damsel with them. My regular opponent hates my gyros! It was close but the dwarfs emerged victorious ... although I had to take the slayer oath for incompetence!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users