Photo

Whfb Albion Concept Artwork By Matthew Klaas De Witte (Deviantart)

matthew klaas de witte albion warhammer fantasy whfb gw deviantart

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Thorgrimmir

Thorgrimmir

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 09:36 AM

Found it, the sport is called Hurling and its played in Ireland. Apparently it has celtic origins:

corkdarraghflynn_large.jpg

I vaguely remenber it from my short stay in Limmerick, but didnt know the name

#22 Karak Norn Clansman

Karak Norn Clansman

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 09:17 AM

That's the one! :)

Champion of Oghams

E9C353V.jpg

Unofficial fan content

These great warriors are tasked with protecting the most sacred stone circles that populate Albion. While a standard standing-stone channels and amplifies the Winds of Magic, the stone circles don't just amplify them greatly, but contain wisdom and knowledge from the aeons inscribed in ogham upon them. They are of utmost importance to the peoples of Albion, and must have their chosen protectors.

I wanted to show the ways I could make La Tene inspired plate armour. And design a non-charcter hero-style unit

#23 Karak Norn Clansman

Karak Norn Clansman

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 04 November 2019 - 01:48 PM

Cornu Players

wRe0cnT.jpg

The Cornu is a magical war trumpet that inspires its army to feats of glory, each style has its own sound and affects the listener differently. The immense amount of work and care that goes into each one belies its importance to the people of Albion. These are not common instruments, neither is it a common man who plays them!

--------------------

I wanted to combine the different styles of La Tene trumpets. But I'm not sure where I got the idea for a wrap-around. I most definitely saw it somewhere.

#24 Thorgrimmir

Thorgrimmir

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 04 November 2019 - 06:26 PM

I can hear the sounds of the sax guys. And also see Gandalf bobbing his head up amd down to the rithmyn of it

#25 Karak Norn Clansman

Karak Norn Clansman

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 02:02 PM

Citadel of Lead

evDaJCj.jpg

Unofficial fan content

The hold is constructed upon the ruins of an ancient structure built by Old Ones. The demon Be'lakor, and the labour of slaves assembled the Citadel, most of which died, upon his leaving the island it came under the control of the wizard Ternoash, who visits on occasion but leaves in the hands of his many puppets.  It is hidden deep in the Chaos tainted North, nigh impossible to find in the heavy mists and treacherous bogs that surround it, and even when you do find it, what will you do but despair? The walls are woven with lead, and the central tower is completely metal while twisted abominations created by the Deceiver lurch and flap between the ramparts. While the demon Be'lakor was able to garrison and arm the citadel to the brim, it is still powerful without him.

#26 Karak Norn Clansman

Karak Norn Clansman

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 08 November 2019 - 01:20 PM

Buddug

KvDzdrX.jpg

Unofficial fan content

Buddug is the great eagle riding archer, Chief of the Toulenii.

I wanted to redesign her helmet as it is the personality of the character and I felt that the original was too generic. and I wanted to draw her for fun.

#27 Thorgrimmir

Thorgrimmir

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 09 November 2019 - 09:42 AM

It always fascinated me how they could do elaborate metalworks with such limited technology

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: matthew, klaas, de, witte, albion, warhammer, fantasy, whfb, gw, deviantart

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users