449 replies to this topic

#441 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 12:23 PM

Rolf eyed Lars carefully and finally said, “Right then. Well, thank you for the help stranger but we had best be off then.”

Then without any more ado, the trio began pushing the cart and headed down the road towards Haven Rock.

#442 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 01:05 PM

Lars let the group go and continued on towards the abby. 

#443 twigsthesage

twigsthesage

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 May 2019 - 03:09 AM

"My apologies. My name is Lykos, of the order of the silver hammer. I did not mean to interupt your work. I just meant to say hello to my acquaintance here. What is it you are so busy with?"

#444 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 02:58 PM

"We are about to head out towards the woods in the east to trade some of these goods." replied the man.  "We need timber from those brets to rebuild the structural damage from that earthquake the other day.  If we can't get an extra shipment of timber in, that Tino Canalletto is going to be seizing the supplies we have to use for the temple and empire quarter."

#445 HammerJohn

HammerJohn

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 08:43 PM

'I was wondering whether you'd enjoy the company and possible extra two guards if you so happen to be going in the direction of the bretonnians.'

Markus was hoping his offer would be appreciated as he didn't have a whole lot of other ideas other than legging it as a two man team across the less than hospitable open land.

#446 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 11:46 AM

“I could use extra help for sure,” said the man after looking Markus over. “Guard against those green bandits and the pay is 10 brassy a day. We leave as soon as I finish checking this last cart if you are agreeable.”

#447 HammerJohn

HammerJohn

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 08:04 AM

'That sounds like a deal then. I will find out where my friend is and we will be good to go soon as possible.'

'What a great coincidence' Markus thought to himself as he set off to find Velente and tell him about the unfolding of things.

'Tilean?!' He shouted

#448 twigsthesage

twigsthesage

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 10:50 PM

"Seize the timber you say? That's not good at all. I would come along too if you'd have me, it wouldn't do to have anything to awry, especially if there's the threat of greenskins along the road. When do you plan to depart?"

#449 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:26 AM

Lykos hung around the caravan and waited as Markus went in search of Velente.  Within an hour, the caravan was ready to leave and Markus had returned without finding his friend.

With a look of regret, Markus jumped onto the wagon alongside of the priest and they rode off.  At least, he thought, the Tilean knew where he was heading and could join him soon enough once he had the chance.

As the carts rumbled past the gates, the pair looked around themselves at the tents and the men of the empire trying to build a life for themselves in this far flung reaches on the border of the wilderness.  Despite the downtrodden look of these men, that hope of a better future burned forth.  Within the men around them, they saw the desire for a better life.

As the cart reached the temple, Father Otto came out to bless the carts.

When he reached the cart with Lykos and Markus he paused and said, "So you leave us Lykos.  May Sigmar watch over you and keep you safe in your travels."

He then turned to look at Markus, "May the blessings of Sigmar watch over you as well."

#450 Hovamol

Hovamol

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted Today, 02:17 AM

"I'm coming, I'm coming." Valente yelled back to Markus as he hefted his gear and hurried to catch up.

"Lagging behind as usual.... always a good start to a new job," Valente mumbled to no one in particular.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users