214 replies to this topic

#201 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 06:05 PM

The barkeep at first looked like he hated this idea of using the tavern as a temple, but then inspiration must have struck him.  He counted up on his fingers, clicking is tongue with each tick.  Markus and Velente both notices he stopped on his fourth finger.

Finally he said, "That would work out fine I think.  Will this be in preparation for Sigmarsfest?  If so, perhaps we can work out a deal to lead my customers up to the festival, you know promote the festival.  What better time to inspire the people."

He said this last with a greedy look creeping into his eyes.

#202 HammerJohn

HammerJohn

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 06:08 PM

'I am glad we can count on you. What I am thinking is a blessing for both my companion and I would be simple stupidity to refuse, as well as a blessed trinket, be it jewelry or a small relic. Possibly a consecration of our weapons or armor and lastly, would you be willing to go to the house with us tonight? We will rotate guard throughout the night and see if anything happens. What say you?'

Markus knew he was probably asking for a lot and to be honest, most of it could possibly be unnecessary when it came down to it but he would insist on all of it for two reasons. Number one, he thought it a good idea to make it a pinch dramatical for the locals and second, if something otherworldly were in fact haunting the area he would be a fool to go looking for it without all the help he could get.

#203 twigsthesage

twigsthesage

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 07:16 PM

Lykos nods to Markus. "Of course, i've given many blessings to warriors going into battle. And I will indeed join you tonight."

In response to Von Klinks question the priest raises an eyebrow. "I suppose it will not hurt to allow you to make some profit. But tell me, about the upcoming festival ive been hearing about? I have not been in this area long and the local traditions are still unknown to me. How do you celebrate here?"

Edited by twigsthesage, 16 January 2019 - 07:34 PM.

#204 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 10:00 PM

“Not much to say really,” replied von Klink. “The highlight of the day is the pie baking competition. All the women and most of the men bake pies and then we eat them. After that most everyone comes in here and we eat and drink some more. Once the food is done, we play a few games and drink even more.”

He rubbed his chin thoughtfully and added, “Its the games and pies that make our festivals fun.”

#205 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 10:07 PM

The wizards eat their meal in silence, Kruger kept a close watch on Lars as they ate. Lars meanwhile refused all that was offered him, consenting to eat his own rations instead. He, likewise, kept a close watch on Kruger and the others.

As they finished their meals, Kruger stood up and said to Lars, “Let’s go checkout the well. See if our brave slayer of Wissenland can help us or not.”

#206 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 10:11 PM

"Feel honoured to be acknowledged." Lars retorted sarcastically. "Alright, I'm ready when you are. As a warning - you never know with these tombs - it might be worth putting up some magical wards. I don't claim that this supposed curse is real but even so we should best be prepared for an eventuality."

#207 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 10:34 PM

As Lars speaks, Bel-Kabal notices the man’s words are harsher sounding than normal. They seem jerky and almost disjointed.

Lars is unable to notice any change in his voice and sounds completely normal to himself.

#208 twigsthesage

twigsthesage

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 03:55 AM

Lykos laughs at the barkeeps description of the festival. "Pie eating? Well I'm never opposed to a good pie. But you don't participate in the hammer toss? In my land its one of the greatest competitions of the year. We tie a leather cord to a hammer and launch it as far as we are able, so that it looks like a twin tailed comet trailing the leather straps. The winner always gets a prize, not to mention the attention of the town's women. Besides that we have many ceremonies and benedictions back in the Empire. It gives folks the chance to renew their faith and unload their weary souls. I know in this land the faith has lapsed for many, but for many it can hold great comfort."

#209 Thunderförge

Thunderförge

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 08:16 AM

Thrang nodded sagely to himself, pie eating and hammer tossing, at least some manlings still knew how to throw a party.
“Master Klink, you’ll best be sure to buy in a few barrels of good dwarf ale for the festival!”

#210 200Grots

200Grots

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 11:10 AM

"Let us explore the well, but remember to be cautious as a priority" He turns to Lars apprehension creeping into his voice, "Unless you have studied Nekeharan, I would like you to stay with one of us, for any Nekeharan symbols could be dangerous. I have heard many stories at Hoeth of ignorant adventures who think the dead rest"  

Bel Kabal gestures for the others to follow out of the tent. "Kruger, can you lead us to the well?"

#211 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 11:13 AM

"Doubt that I'll have any plans to wonder off." Lars replied, following the wizards out of the tent.

Edited by Hero of Rome, 17 January 2019 - 11:14 AM.

#212 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 02:17 PM

Drunken Snotlings Tavern

The barkeeper nodded at the priest's words before replying, "A game of hammer throwing might be fun.  I will mention it to Herr Hoffman and see if we can get a few lads to participate.  I'm sure we can get o' Frederick to loan us a hammer."

As the dwarf asked about the dwarven ale, von Klink turned and replied, "Well, I got m' special blend o' snotling's rot.  I usually serve it on that day as it gets the job done and makes the game more entertaining.  You'll like it I promise."

He beamed as he told this last to the dwarf.

Outside the Wizard's Tent

Kruger nodded at Bel-Kabal's request and motioned the other three out of the tent.  The day had warmed up to just above 80 degrees and the wind was beginning to swirl the dust once more in a light breeze.

As they walked from the tent to the broken ring of stone, they could see that in the center, covered with a layer of dust, was a large circular stone that was recessed into the ground.  A closer inspection of the stone lid showed that it might have once had cables attached to it to allow it to be lifted or shut.  Now it just rested on the ground.  Around the lip was a number of marks that Bel-Kabal quickly bent to study.

Unfortunately, the markings were so weathered with age they would not be able to be translated correctly.  He might could attempt a guess at there meaning with some study, but it would only be a best guess effort.

"Well noble hero, can you devise a way to remove the lid to reveal the well beneath?  It was clearly meant as a way to protect their water from the swirling dust that blows in this area.  It would be good to have access to the water now, if it is still clean, so that we don't have to port all the water from the town out here.  That slows down my studies.  Of course, if this is too difficult you can always stick around to fetch me a drink when I need it.  I wouldn't have to bother with getting water then," said Kruger.

#213 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 04:55 PM

"Take my advice." Lars said. "This water, if it is indeed part of the ruins, will likely be unsafe to drink - unless of course we can find out whether or not this place is actually cursed. On how to remove the lid: It's quite simply really. All four of us can just take a corner and we can lift it up and then place it back on the ground." The bounty hunter replied.

#214 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:05 AM

Bel-Kabal now heard Lar’s words Differently yet again. Now they were almost musical and sweet sounding.

Kruger smiled at Lars for the first time since meeting him and said, “I am more than willing to hold my own weight, but I’m not sure how much Sybille here can help us.”

She didn’t seem particularly strong to either Bel-Kabal or Lars.

#215 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:20 AM

"Well, another pair of hands won't hurt. However, casting some protective wards to look out for traps and curses would not be bad either." Lars replied.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users