358 replies to this topic

#281 Thunderförge

Thunderförge

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 10:12 PM

Thrang will prepare ‘smack them with his hammer’ for when the riders come within smacking distance.

He’s not sure what the elf is doing but it sounds pretty suspicious from the description. :-)

#282 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 11:42 PM

You two should form a comedy routine, ala Abbot and Costello. Rereading the posts I’ve been having a good laugh.

“Who is on first? Who. The guy on first? Who. The name of the guy playing first base?! Who play’s first. What are ya asking me for!?!”

I’ll get the combat rolled up for you as quick as I can. Curious to see how this goes. :)

#283 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 11:56 AM

On a happy note, my friend finally managed to pull data off my computer. Going to go over this weekend and drop of an external hard drive to back it up on and then I should get my PC back and we can really start this adventure in earnest. :)

Also, for my odd couple, what action do you two want to take next?

#284 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 12:49 PM

Good news on the part of your computer! 

#285 200Grots

200Grots

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 05:30 PM

I think it may be time to get out the old sword!

#286 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 05:35 PM

The "old sword?" Your sword's probably the best in the game, considering that it's a pure ithilmar one ;)

#287 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 12:01 AM

Not necessarily the best weapon. ;)

I will get the combat rolled up for you as you draw your sword all the same though. It should be fun as the goblins on foot are about to join the fray! :)

Also for our slayers, you all have a number of choices that range from bad to worse. :P. You are now trapped on the wrong side of the cave in so survival instincts will be needed. Also, for transparency, the tunnel is going to collapse after a set amount of in game time and there is still a motionless Dwarf in harms way. If you go back, you might can save him or you might get crushed by the weight of the world. Hopefully these developments will serve as some good role playing opportunities for you two. :)

For everyone in town, it seems that Velente is going to be pausing for a bit. I have moved him off to the side like Drazhdrakk. Hopefully he will join back in but for now I want to get you all off on an adventure as your plot trail has languished a bit. The festival of Sigmar is about to take place and then the caravan will leave. If you all want to experience the festival we can roleplay it or I can fast forward and get the journey to the Bretonnian castle underway and simulate the festival. Just let me know which you prefer.

#288 Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher

Kro'undi

• Brewery Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,788 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 05:36 PM

Wrong side? I though potion 17 had collapsed blocking off the nest but we were on the other side, esp as Mordrin came from the bridge.

#289 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 06:39 PM

16 collapsed leaving the way to the centipedes and the further depths open. You can’t get back to the mine unless you dig out or they dig in.

#290 Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher

Kro'undi

• Brewery Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,788 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 08:28 PM

Ah right, so we can only reach 17, 18 & 21? That mean Moreksson and his guard are with us too as they were by the bridge?

#291 Ragnar Alpaca

Ragnar Alpaca

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 03:18 AM

This plan isn’t going to hot Bonecrusher.

#292 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 07:36 PM

You can also go further into the mine towards 22, 23, 24, and 25 if you cross over the bridge.

#293 Thunderförge

Thunderförge

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 10:58 PM

Damn backstabbin’ goblins!

#294 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 10:07 AM

A bit of house keeping fellow dawi...

So we basically have three choices in the matter that I’m aware of in dealing with combat.

1 The first is like I have done in this game where I simply write a quick blurb on what happens and PM damages on your character sheet.

2 The second is I sum up the fight and present a detailed round action summary of all dice rolls.

3 The last option is to give only the dice roll summary and let you each individually write your own results in character.

Each has good and bad points to consider.

Option 1 progresses the story by keeping the pace of the game. It also reduces the time on my end trying to roll everything out as I can write the results as they happen instead of first taking notes on the dice roll. This is the fast paced and lazy GM method.

Option 2 keeps the fast pace but adds a level of transparency at the expense of the poor GM having to actually work.

Option 3 allows for more roleplay goodness and opportunity. It also slows the game down as instead of having to wait only on me you now need to wait on each of the fellow combatants to update as well.

In the airship game we used option 3 and so far in this game I have used option 1 with option 2 being a sort of middle group between the others. I don’t personally have a preference so since this is a communal game, which method do you lot prefer?

#295 Thunderförge

Thunderförge

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 12:32 PM

I'm happy with Option 1  -  if we want to add a fluffy account of the combat from our character's point of view then we can, but it doesn't stop everyone seeing what has happened and planning their next move.

As much as I like the idea of Option 3 I don't think I would have time to implement it!!

#296 Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher

Kro'undi

• Brewery Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,788 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 12:39 PM

I quite like how you did the combat when we fought the rats. Roll until there are significant choices to make.

#297 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 02:18 PM

I like 3, but at the end of the day I don't mind which method is used.

#298 Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher

Kro'undi

• Brewery Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,788 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 04:20 PM

This plan isn’t going to hot Bonecrusher.

1 Healthy slayer, one injured slayer, one injured miner. Potential skven horde on one hand, posionous armour plated creatures the other way. What could go wrong :P

So bridge or nest?

We've still not come across the captain and his guard though.

#299 200Grots

200Grots

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 05:28 PM

I'm happy with option one.

I think option three could take too long in particular with long/group fights and slow action down too much.

#300 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 05:28 PM

FYI, the captain is at the bridge waiting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users