Photo

The Flight Of The Dwarfs (Sign-Up And Ooc)

• Please log in to reply
594 replies to this topic

#581 Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher

Kro'undi

• Brewery Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,709 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 07:16 AM

I'm not sure there are PDF's of the rule/source books as GW will still own the copyrights to them, so won't just give them away (this is GW we're talking about). There are some fan written source books that you can find with a quick google search though.

#582 Thunderförge

Thunderförge

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 02:09 PM

I’m just going to remove the link in this post due to questionable legality. I cannot be completely sure that the trove dot net does not infringe on GW copyright, and we all know they have very powerful lawyers.

Edited by Thunderförge, 06 December 2018 - 08:15 AM.

#583 Skull Krusher

Skull Krusher

Skazastoki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 05:26 PM

https://thetrove.net/

This site appears to have everything ever. :-)

That site sets off my firewall protections!!!

#584 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 05:30 PM

Would a game set in a small town south of the blood river in the border princes be of any interest to anyone? I have just started working on the idea so wanted some feedback before I put to much time into.

Basic idea so far, taking into consideration your feedback.

Small town with a few outposts nearby.
Prevalent playable races: tilean, bretonnian, empire, dwarf
Other races possible with approval
Suitable for players who are running from the law, bounty hunters, adventurers, explorers, mercenaries, settlers, traders, illicit magic users, etc.
Chance to purchase or own land. Become part of the town. (This will allow us to retire characters if someone doesn’t have time to push on)
A handful of story arcs to choose from (more sandbox instead of linear storyline)
A couple of old ruins to explore (dungeons)
A handful of factions to align with.
Plus the normal bad guys associated with the badlands.

I played in a game like this years ago and it was a lot of fun. We could allow more people to join in and wouldn’t have to shoehorn them into a specific scenario. I doubt I will have it ready by the new year, but if this seems interesting I can probably have it ready in a few months time, maybe February. Otherwise, I will probably look into reworking an already ready scenario to run.

Just let me know what you all think.

#585 Skull Krusher

Skull Krusher

Skazastoki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 06:36 PM

I will give you a write-up for my dwarf on a PM.

#586 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 09:58 PM

I'd be happy to join up. 

Question is, whether it should be a continuation of the Flight of the Dwarfs or a new story?

Edited by Hero of Rome, 07 December 2018 - 10:00 PM.

#587 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 10:36 PM

I was thinking of something different, hence the location being in the badlands. I didn’t think anyone was too keen on returning to Silver Pinacle. If you all would prefer to take on more vampires let me know, I don’t care to write up a quest to sneak in and slay a vampire. Otherwise we can start a new and battle greenskins.

#588 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 10:41 PM

Well, I  had the idea of a new scenario but with the same characters. However, this one sounds really interesting and I'll happily come up with a new character to hunt some orc!

Edited by Hero of Rome, 07 December 2018 - 10:58 PM.

#589 Skull Krusher

Skull Krusher

Skazastoki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 11:01 PM

I'd be happy to join up. 

Question is, whether it should be a continuation of the Flight of the Dwarfs or a new story?

Wandering into kislev: The Realm of the Ice Queen.

#590 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 11:03 PM

Well, I'll prepare a new character for the Badlands scenario either way. However, taking our old characters on another adventure would be similarly appealing....It all depends of what Glyfi and the others think.

#591 Thunderförge

Thunderförge

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 11:47 PM

Sounds a suitably nasty place to start an adventure! I’m in!
Although I have a whole Hold full of characters to choose from I’d quite like to re-visit my character Thrang (as played in Hero of Rome’s RPG). A short tempered traditionalist who’s job as an Ironfinder sends him across the world looking for thunderbolt iron (meteorites). :-)

Edited by Thunderförge, 08 December 2018 - 09:56 PM.

#592 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 12:02 AM

Got an interesting character prepared :)

#593 Ragnar Alpaca

Ragnar Alpaca

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 01:46 AM

I don’t care which we do I just want to do more. If we do new characters though I’ll have to have some time to think what I want to do.

#594 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 03:15 AM

You have to at least February to think about it if we go with the badlands. I will need that long to write out the majority of the story. :)

I just thought about going with the badlands experience as it seemed to tick off more of the points we discussed. If I did revisit Silver Pinnacle, it would honestly be more of a dungeon crawl experience. My initial thoughts on it went along the lines of seeing if we could get a few more and split into two teams with different objectives.

Since Silver Pinnacle is one of the least described dwarf holds (it isn’t even marked as a lost hold on most maps) I would have a lot of freedom with the descriptions and the encounters. I don’t see how it would provide stimulating dialogs or deeper rpg plot points outside of trying to figure out how to achieve objectives in an undead enclave. Navigating around the underground could also be fun.

Since you stated you wanted deeper story, history, NPC interactions with more chances to influence the direction of the story I thought the badlands might better achieve this. Since it isn’t a dwarf centric adventure, I thought it might give people a chance to try something different. Especially since you have had a taste of how the rules work, you might want to try something a bit different or go a different way with your characters. If you wanted to port your character down to the badlands you could, just come up with a reason for them to make the journey.

Both are fine with me, just think about which you would rather have me run. The Return to Silver Pinacle would be a shorter scenario with a more linear plot whereas the badlands would be a longer, more campaign type game with various subplots. Either way, I would like to open it up for others to join in if they wish. Think about it and let me know which you prefer.

#595 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 10:46 AM

Agreed. Although I'd be happy to continue the Flight of the Dwarfs later down the line, I feel that the Badlands scenario would be a more enjoyable and multi layered scenario. More selfishly, I've prepared a (who I think is cool) new character for the Badlands scenario who I'd like to try out :) .Therefore, my vote is on the Badlands.

Edited by Hero of Rome, 08 December 2018 - 10:48 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users