Photo

The Flight Of The Dwarfs (Sign-Up And Ooc)

• Please log in to reply
473 replies to this topic

#1 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 11:03 AM

Current Players

Skull Krusher - Ori Moreksnev, Priest of Gazul
Bonecrusher - ???, Journeyman Runesmith
Ragnar Alpaca - Ragnar Blundergold, Veteran Ranger
TBO - TBA
Hero of Rome - Gunther Herman, Witch Hunter
Throng Thunderforge - Orrin Strongbrew, Veteran Fighter

Major NPCs

Humans

Frederick Rikter, Steward and Representative of the Eisental town delegation. He is tall and thin with angular facial features.

Pieter Dexter, Body guard and mercenary leader of the Eisental town delegation. He is of a broad, muscular build. He says little but hovers around Frederick lending a menace to the bookish man's words.

Dwarfs

Thrane Brogar Silvenback, Portly middle aged dwarf with a large, bushy black beard. He is the driving force behind this adventure.

Captain Kazgar Grimmsson, Greybearded dwarf captain of the airship.

Alrick Ragnisson, Older dwarf engineer and master gunner. He wears a curious telescopic eye piece over his right eye.

"Seven Finger" Sindri, Dwarf quartermaster and cook. He is missing the last three fingers on his left hand.

Hey everyone! I’ve been away for a while following the end times (basically discouraged at the death of the old world and around 16 years of playing games in said world). I’ve missed it and my frequent visits to the community here at Bugman’s.

Anyway, about 5 months ago I got back into playing wfrp 2 edition with a group of friends. Seriously, the Old World was truly a wonderful place to adventure as it had all the wackiness and slap stick antics of goblin fanatics covered in a layer of doom, blood, and grime yet in a setting that was relatable as it is basically our own world and history just spiced up with slayers and dragons. My group decided to try to dust off a campaign I had written about 10 years ago and play it out. It flopped as most of the people involved I haven’t heard from in 8 years.

I then decided to just ease back in with writing 1 off scenarios that happen in various locations with different characters. The result of one of these writing sessions is a story focused on dwarfs (but easily including humans) set on a dangerous trip heading towards Norsca aboard a dwarf airship for the purpose of establishing a new trade route. Basically a 3 part scenario.

I recently came into some free time so figured if anyone was interested I would run this scenario for you, my brothers and sisters at Bugman’s Brewery. I would use wfrp rules behind the scene so no need to know or understand the rules. All you would need to do is check back within a day or two to enjoy roleplaying a character in the Old World.

If anyone is interested let me know and I will update with more specifics and we will revive that old tradition of RPGs on Bugman’s.

Edited by Glyfi Ironbeard, 26 September 2018 - 08:40 PM.

#2 Skull Krusher

Skull Krusher

Skazastoki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,458 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 06:29 PM

Hmmm... All my stories I have written center around Norsca Ankor; i.e. Kraka Drakka...  See my posts in Preacher's Corner....

Hmmm.... NEVER did an online RPG... usually in a room with friends meeting every Saturday afternoon for a day of D&D version of WHFRP...

#3 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 08:43 PM

I actually read your stories a few years ago! I’ll confess I haven’t kept up with any new developments as I’ve been away for a while. I did take part in a number of these RPGs listed in this sub forum and a few prior to the creation of this sub forum. I like rpg ran in forums as I enjoy writing out what happens to my character and using my imagination to live out what others write. In some ways the slower pace and getting to write out the story at my leisure is as fun as sitting around the basement table or on my friends back deck.

That said, I have also learned a bit about the differences between the two. With online the pace will be slower! It will be SLOWER...

That isn’t a bad thing if you enjoy the story being told and the characters in the game. In the better games on this very forum I couldn’t wait for the next update or how another member would respond. The stories seemed to come together and everyone involved try hard to feed off of each other. Read the Balor’s Crew game to see how evil characters slowly turn on each other as we wrote back and forth trying to make alliances against each other.

The pace does lead to forcing a scenarios of smaller scope that move from action to action with a brief pause in between for dialog. A good number of scenarios on this site failed or became abandoned for not progressing the story quick enough or for becoming too epic in scope. Again, The Balor quest fizzled as time passed due to people’s changing life schedules. The storyline was gripping and I still would like to know the rest of the story so to speak.

Anyway, if we can get 3-4 people interested, the scenario I have should be capable of playing on the tabletop within 1 - 1 1/2 sessions. I think this will equate out to about a month give or take a week for the slower pace of a forum. I can push through it in a handful of updates or stretch it out if players really get into playing out their character (which is my preference).

I’m also going to get an actual introduction written in the next day or so to give everyone a better feeling for what kind of story they would be signing up for. It might also take a while to get people signed up as the traffic on Bugman’s seem to have slowed a bit and this isn’t the easiest location to see a post being in a sub forum.

#4 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 01:39 PM

Alrick Ragnisson raised a gnarled, leathery finger up to the right side of his face and gave a flick.  A series of lens set in brass rings rotated down into place before his right eye.

The polished metal of Alrick’s telescopic head piece stood out in sharp contradiction of his tar and soot covered appearance.  For a brief moment, the middle aged dwarf teetered as he had to adjust to overcome the disorientation caused by watching the land far beneath rush to meet him as the lens magnified his view.

He wasn’t completely sure if he enjoyed looking down upon the world from the dwarfen airship he was currently standing on.  Even a few days out of Zhufbar, he still hadn’t got use to being so far above the ground.  He trusted the craftsmanship that went into the large dwarfen blimp, just not the location it was currently travelling.

Still, it was a means to an ends.  When Alrick had first been approached by Thane Brogar of Clan Silvenback, he had saw the potential of using an airship to establish a trade route with the dwarfen holds of Norsca.  He also saw clearly how much profit Brogar stood to make if this venture was successful.

With communication being normalized with the northern holds in recent years, a good deal of effort had been put into establishing a trade route between the various holds.  Whereas the underway in times past had served as a highway between these holds, it wasn’t practical to clear it out, reclaim it, nor to maintain such a dangerous pass.  Overland travel took one through the dangerous Troll Country north of Kislev and would only be realized at the loss of a good number of convoys.  Trade by the sea would involve to much gold being diverted to the coffers of Empire Merchants and still involved risks of reavers at sea and reavers along the inland routes of Norsca.

Alrick knew that the airship, and the ability to just fly over all these obstacles, was an inspired idea.  Thane Brogar had spent three years securing the needed aid from various clans in Zhufbar to commission this ship and outfit it for the initial voyage.  He had also worked closely with the Empire and Kislev to establish refueling stops along the way.  Alrick chucked as he thought of how he had even sold the Elector Count of Ostermark access to use the dwarfen ships to trade with the northern lands.  Not only had the umgi provided a logistical encampment but they were paying to use the dwarfen services.

In fact, with the help of his telescopic eye piece, Alrick could see the Umgi town of Eisental coming into view upon the horizon.  Soon, the great airship would be descending in altitude to take on more supplies and personnel before starting the journey along the Worlds Edge Mountains towards Kislev and Norsca beyond.

He patted the bronze artillery piece mounted on the prow of the airship affectionately as he knew that nothing would stop this venture from being a success for the Dwarfen Realms.

#5 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 01:41 PM

CHARACTER CREATION

First off, this campaign is going to stick with the lore of the Old World as it was found in roughly 6th edition (Storm of Chaos era).  To that end, only dwarf and human PC (Player Characters) will be permitted.  No elf or Halfling characters allowed as dwarfs distrust elgi scum and I don’t know what could possibly convince a Halfling to want to travel to Norsca on an airship.

Any dwarf character can either start the game as part of the airship’s crew out of Zhufbar or join in at Eisental (Which lies a few miles west of Karak Kadrin).  All humans will join at Eisental.

Basically any career or character type is allowed (Dwarf Ironbreaker, Priest of Grungni, a Slayer, Human Ratcatcher, a Noble of either race, etc.).  The only limitation that I will impose is for a character type that doesn’t make sense for the setting (Bretonnia Knight Errant flying on a dwarfen airship with his noble steed doesn’t fit, etc.) or for a character that is too powerful (No Dwarf Greater Deamon of Khorne slayer armed with a magical rune axe of Grimnir allowed).

Just let me know what type of character you want to play and what type of equipment you want and I will roll a character for you based on your input and the rules for WFRP 2nd Edition.  For anyone familiar with the rules, I am not starting the characters out at basic level but using a set number of xp and gold to level everyone up and equip them out a bit.  I’ll let everyone review the characters before we begin in a PM and then if everyone is okay, we will load them into the game world and be off on a RPG adventure.

GAME RULES

First, even though I am using WFRP 2nd Edition rules, you don’t need to know anything about WFRP or the ruleset.  As GM (Game Master), I will take care of the book keeping for you so all you have to do is roleplay your character.

Second, because I will be using WFRP you need to understand something about the system. It is both fatal and unforgiving!  If you do something ill-advised your character will probably fail it miserably and die as a result.  Even if it is something you have done dozens of times before and have mastered, you can still fail miserably and your character die.  It is just the nature of the game set in a “Grim World of Perilous Adventure.”

Third, this rpg is about your characters and their story.  When you take an action I would prefer to just PM the result and let you write it out yourself.  For instance, if your character uses a dwarf handgun to shoot at an unsuspecting goblin I might PM that the shot hit the goblin in the right leg, knocked it down, but didn’t kill or maim it.  You could then write a small description in the game thread that tells how the goblin was surprised to find itself lying on its back with blood spurting out of its leg.  Your character could hear the pitiful squealing of the goblin as it struggled to figure out what had happened.  If you don’t want to write out the story, I can but you would need to let me know you want me to describe the results of your actions.  I’m going to default with allowing you all freedom to write your own story.

Finally, and most importantly, as you might can tell from point 3 above, I don’t want to dictate everything about the game.  I will be giving you freedom to write your own spin on stuff.  Just remember that if you start adding stuff outside what I PM you the result dictates, I might be forced to use my GM powers to rain you back in.  Using the example from above, you couldn’t write how the goblin staggered around before dying from blood loss as I didn’t tell you that the goblin died.  You couldn’t write how the shot blew the goblin’s leg clean off either as that would be considered maimed by most standards.  I know that in the moment of writing it is easy to get overly elaborate, so I will simply remind you to keep it toned down.  Just try to keep it in character and this won’t be an issue.

If you think this game sounds like fun and want to participate, sign on and let me know what kind of character you would like to play.  I know that traffic is down so it may take a while for people to filter in and see this post.  As soon as we get 3-4 people we can begin.  I will set the maximum number at 6 just on the off chance that people come out in droves (Wishful thinking on my part).

I also want this game to be resolved in around a month and I will set an ending date of 6 weeks from its start for it to be completed one way or the other.  Please look at your schedules and see if you think you can be active for roughly a month to take part in this adventure.  Please try to sign in within 48 hours to update so that the game continues at a brisk pace for everyone involved.  I will try my best to keep the game progressing at a decent pace.  If you all really get into the roleplay aspect we might slow down for a bit to let everyone enjoy their characters a bit more but I will still keep the story progressing so as we don’t burn out.

Thank you for reading and sign up if interested.  Regardless, have a pint of Beardling's Finest on my tab (I'm too poor a dwarf for the good stuff).

#6 Skull Krusher

Skull Krusher

Skazastoki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,458 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 03:42 AM

He was in the Umgi town of Eisental and a long way from his Hold.  It is so far north that it would take several Umgi lifetimes to walk home.  But he had heard that there was a Dawi tavern in this forsaken town.  After getting several wrong directions he had finally located it. 

The noise of the Ironshield Tavern became quiet as individual entered not that it was all that noisy in the first place since no Umgi ever entered and there are not than many Dawi in Eisental.  Still the noise of the rattling of dice as they left a cup and danced across the gaming table and the sound of a lap harp being played by some want-to-be bard in the far corner near the hearth ceased.  Dressed in darkness at first glance a supple black leather hooded cloak covered him from head to iron-shod boot-top gave the impression of death.  The hooded head appraised the room’s occupants before leaving the doorway many wondered if they were being judged.  Then he came into the light and it is noted that the cloak is trimmed in deep dark red around the edging of the hood, cuffs and hem.  Apparently satisfied the individual ignored the dice players and the bard and approached the bar and lowered his hood as the cloak fell open.

The bartender, Norgrim Thorisson drew in a quick breath for this customer before him with a stern expression is a Priest of Gazul for he recognized the engraved red symbol of a stylized cave entrance on the center of the black enameled muscular breast plate which was worn over black lacquered chain mail.  Norgrim pulled his eyes away from the symbol of Gazul and looked at the Dawi before him.  The deep dark blue eyes looked back at him upon the priest’s dark brown hair rests an unadorned steel black helm.  The hair and beard may have began in this priest’s far away youth as dark brown but it was now streaked heavily with grey and his braided beard would have been trod upon if not tucked into belt.  A double shot crossbow and quiver is slung over his right shoulder and over his left was a soft leather haversack.  He also carried two throwing axes that hang from his belt and a third was tucked into his belt near a Nogarung and several other leather pouches.  Each of his hands bore heavy gold rings his forearms covered in bracers.  The only other weapon that Norgrim can see is the hilt of a sword that peaks out among the folds of his cloak and wondered if the other hilt that he could see is a battleaxe.  The hilt of the sword drew his attention further for it is a Drakk with a black gem stone in its mouth and with quillions that are extended Drakk claws.  What little of the scabbard he can see is black as well.  Every bit of the leatherwork is black and if Norgrim had to guess the leather was from a black Drakk.

Norgrim would have guessed that the priest is a Throngrinki but knowing what Priests of Gazul faced this Dawi could be younger, surely not a Gnutrommi but in any case he was due respect.  “Sir, what would you like to drink?”  Norgrim asked. 

Ori Moreksnev pondered the question, then answered; "Your finest and fill this," as he placed his Nogarung upon the bar.

I just may write a whole story about this guy...  I have a 50+ page story about Priest of Gazul already posted on my Kraka Draka thread. Anyway Ori is getting bored in this godforsaken Umgi town and is getting ready to leave except he hasn't, the beer is good.

Ori looked on as the fight escalated from verbal name calling into fist-fight between several of the patrons so far no weapons had been drawn.  There would be no stopping the fight since in was over a matter of honor, one side accusing the other of cheating at dice.  From where he was leaning casually drinking in the darkened corner in the Ironshield Tavern Ori wondered if the bouncers would be able to contain the fight so as not to call-in the town of Eisental’s city watch.  Then one of the fighters was hip thrown and landed on a nearby table which collapsed as the legs broke off and he rolled onto the floor.  When Fimbar Harrisson; a Vithang of Kalan Ironhand shook his head and looked up in anger and saw Ori only as a ominous black shape in a dark corner he grabbed the nearest broken table leg to use as an impromptu club.  Ori recognized the Ironhand Kalan symbol upon the fallen fighter and knew here was a Dawi from Kraka Drakka; Ori had several choices he could draw a weapon which would be the worst thing he could do, hope the bouncers stop the fight, or step forward and handle it himself.  Ori Moreksnev stepped forward into the light and a shaken Fimbar dropped the broken table leg like it was a red hot forge tool; for out of the darkness stepped a Priest of Gazul holding a  Nogarung tankard and hoped that he had not died and the priest with a tankard was welcoming Fimbar to the underworld.

The other brawler; Kazgar Rungisnev who just so happened to be Fimbar’s older cousin and the one who had hip thrown Fimbar on top of the table calmly stood with his massive scared and callused hands clinched into fists.  He had been ready to continue but he also came to his senses when Ori stepped into the light.  He stared at the Priest and recognition came, not that he had seen Ori Moreksnev before but he had heard of the Drakk hilt sword that he carried for no sensible Dwarf carried a sword.  Then he remembered what uncle Morek Ragnisson of Kalan Oakenstave had said; “It was not like any other sword that he had ever seen.  When Garil “Uzkul Stalker” Norgrimson of Kalan Kolgrund pulled the blade from the scabbard the blade glowed for perhaps three heartbeats, blue fire coalescing into Aldrhun runes and Morek said that he felt or heard each hammer strike that created those runes before they faded away.”  Kazgar wondered how Ori came into possession of the sword for last he heard Uzkul Stalker had it. 

Edited by Skull Krusher, 21 September 2018 - 04:00 AM.

#7 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 11:07 AM

Excellent choice in characters. Incidentally, the last campaign I played in I also played a Priest of Gazul. Something about their lore always drew my attention and imagination.

I will work on getting you a character sheet put together based upon the descriptions above. I will send it via PM when it is ready.

Welcome aboard!

Who is brave enough to sign up next?

#8 Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher

Kro'undi

• Brewery Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,667 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 06:37 AM

Reserved (will be back with a character)

#9 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 10:46 AM

Welcome aboard Bonecrusher!

#10 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 12:43 AM

We still have room for any and all who wants to join in. No experience is needed, just a willingness to write a few sentences describing what your character does based on what is happening in the story.

So far we have us Ori Moreksnev, Priest of Gazul, and a TBA, Bonecrusher.

We could use anything from clan dwarves, miners, and slayers upto engineers, runesmiths, or, ancestors protect, even an umgi. Sign up now and see the Old World as it was meant to be seen, and from the luxury of a dwarves airship no less. AoS players interested in seeing the past are welcome. 9th Age players wanting to relive the glory days are welcome. KoW players who want a different world? Are welcome. Nothing but good fun and storytelling will be found here!

Now that the sells pitch is out of the way, to Bonecrusher and Skull Krusher (boy am I ever going to mix you two up at some point lol), what are your thoughts going forward. I feel like we should wait for a few days more to give everyone time to see this and respond if they want. Past that, if you all want to wait longer we can or start with only the two of you and I will make an NPC to help you all out.

I’m hopeful we get a few more join in the next couple days, but be thinking of what you want to do just in case. Invite anyone you think might be interested.

#11 Ragnar Alpaca

Ragnar Alpaca

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 07:18 PM

Well I’ve never done anything like this before, and I’m more than likely to mess something up, but why not? Sign ol Ragnar up.

#12 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 10:12 PM

Welcome aboard Ragnar! Take some time and think of a character you would like to play and let me know. Don’t worry about messing anything up, I’ll do enough of that for the both of us. If you ever need any help either let us know in this thread or let me know in a PM. We will be more than happy to help and welcome aboard.

I’ve also heard from TBO and he has a spot reserved.

That brings us up to four spots taken so we will wait a few more days before departing. We still have a few slots left if anyone else wishes to join up.

I’m also going to update the first thread to show who all is playing and the character they are playing once that is decided.

#13 Ragnar Alpaca

Ragnar Alpaca

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 10:31 PM

Hailing from Karak Kadrin, Ragnar of clan Blundergold watched the city of Eisental grow larger in the distance from onboard the dwarfen airship. Ragnar had been instructed by his father, Ragnar, the thane of clan Blundergold, to represent their clan and Karak Kadrin on the monumental voyage to Norsca to help establish a trade route between the holds of the north, and those of the south. Even though this voyage is being sponsored by the dwarf hold of Zhufbar, Ragnar was hopeful to secure relations between the Norse and Karak Kadrin. Being a veteran ranger and expert survivalist, Ragnar was confident this would be an easy mission. Onboard the airship, Ragnar has brought with him only the essentials any dwarf would need, his trusty crossbow, a double handed ranger’s axe, an assortment of throwing axes, a keg of his favorite ale, his chain mail, and the clothes on his back. Ragnar is a middle aged dwarf with dark brown hair, and a ginger beard. He wears a deep crimson cloak with white trim, and a gold medallion around his neck. On his brown leather belt hangs his throwing axes and a skin filled with ale. He has been a dwarf ranger for most of his life and is the son of a somewhat prominent thane within Karak Kadrin. He is quite charismatic, optimistic (for a dwarf), and loves to explore.

As the ship Lands in Eisental, Ragnar eagerly awaits to meet any additions to the crew to be found in Eisental, and wonders what adventures will ensue in the future...

Edited by Ragnar Alpaca, 20 September 2018 - 10:35 PM.

#14 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 10:38 PM

I'd be interested in joining. Would the dawi welcome Gunther Herman, an Empire Witch Hunter?

Edited by Hero of Rome, 21 September 2018 - 09:08 AM.

#15 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 11:15 PM

If Gunther Hermen doesn't mind accompanying the human delegation the dwarfs are about to pick up in Eisental he is more than welcome to join in the fun.  Welcome aboard Hero of Rome!

As soon as I get character ideas from everyone I will be in touch via PM for final approvals and we will be off.  While I'm getting the bookkeeping together there is still time for another to join.

#16 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 10:08 AM

Gunther Herman felt the pouring rain pounding against his padded, leather cloak, while the crash of thunder and strikes of lightning echoed in his ears. Before him loomed the small Empire town of Eisental. Located a few miles west of the World’s Edge Mountains, the town scrapped a living in their ever-present shadow through trade with the Dwarfs of Karak Kadrin. Hanging above the main gate, the once proud banner of the house of Hertwig was soaked and drooping, the opulent purple and yellow of Ostermark barely recognisable. Approaching the main gate, Gunther raised a gloved wrist and gave it several vigorous knocks for good measure. After a few minutes had past, the face of a short, spiritless, ghoulish man emerged from behind a peep hole. “State your business and why you desire entrance to Eisental at this hour.” The man snapped.

“Gunther Herman, Witch Hunter of the Templars of Sigmar. Here on business of my own.” The Witch Hunter replied bluntly folding his arms to indicate that he had finished.

“Yeah, and what might that business of yours be?” The gatekeeper growled.

“That’s no concern of yours, and you’d better let me in.” Gunther replied calmly.

“Alright, alright, sir, here you go. I bid you enjoy your stay in Eisental.” The man mumbled as the town gate slowly creaked open.

After a walk of about ten minutes, Gunther arrived at the tavern known as Ranald’s Die. Pushing the door open, Gunther stepped inside, the cold and wet of the outside was swept away by a sea of lights and drunken chatter. A party of Dwarfs were sat in the back corner, several men from the local watch were drowning a keg apiece, while other customers were trying to chat up serving girls half their age. Ignoring the myriad of peoples and activities surrounding him, Gunther made his way to the counter, and placed his gloved hands on the bar as a means to gain the attention of the innkeeper. “Evening, Johann, is my contact ready to see me?” Gunther asked.

“Yes”, whispered the innkeeper quietly. “I’ll take you down now.”

The innkeeper led him to the rear of the building and knelt down to remove a sheet of cloth which was lying conspicuously on the wooden floor. Concealed beneath was a trap door. Opening it up, the innkeeper nodded at Gunther who proceeded to descend into the depths.

“Gunther Herman, I see you’ve got here safe and sound.” Came the voice of a middle-aged man sat at the desk in the centre of the caller.

“Siegfried Anderson, head of the department on the study of the Chaos Dwarfs, in other terms the Dawi Zharr, at the University of Altdorf.” The Witch Hunter replied icily. “I hear you have made some progress on our case.”

“Indeed, I hired a Light Wizard to decipher the text on that letter you found in the sorcerer’s lab a few months ago after you banished the demonic entity he summoned. Unfortunately, it appears that our Chaos Dwarf was prepared for such an eventuality, and thus only a few small markings can be made out.” The professor said.

“And what does it say?” Gunther asked.

“Meet dwarf…. Norsca.” Siegried continued.

“Hmm, not much to go on. And how in the blazes, am I meant to get to Norsca?” Gunther growled.

“It’s your lucky day.” Siegfried smiled. “I know of a group of Dwarfs from Zhufbar heading to Norsca on business of their own. They’re gathering in this town. Head over to the Dwarf district to join them.”

“Well, I guess that I have no choice.” Gunther muttered. “I’ll get some sleep and head over there in the morning.”

Edited by Hero of Rome, 21 September 2018 - 12:36 PM.

#17 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 11:53 AM

As an update,

The process for character creation is winding down now as I'm working to fine tune everyone's preferences.  As soon as everyone finalizes their characters I plan to print them all off to have a hard copy in front of me to work from and take notes.

That said, I should be starting the main Play Thread either later today or tomorrow.  Please try to keep that thread In Character (IC) and we will use this thread and any PM thread for Out of Character (OOC) comments.  As a reminder, once we enter the Play Thread outcomes will be decided based on dice rolls and the result sent via PM.  Just because it is easy to write that you pulled out an axe and lopped the goblin's head clean off doesn't mean that your character actually did it unless the dice results state it. "When in doubt, roll it out" is my motto!

Also note, that just because you have read every army book/rule book/ black library book/ fluff book and know everything there is to know about the old world, your character may not be as familiar with all aspects of the Old World.  Try not to be too all knowing in your detailing of everything around you.  Unless your character is a goblin hunting veteran, you probably won't be able to identify every goblin tribe and know that Gotrut Eye-Plucker is the current leader and that he just called a Waaagh!  The ruleset allows for rolling out what you know and don't know so I will PM all results to you to use as you feel free.

Finally, each character sheet that I have sent out so far has a Skill called Speak Language (*).  These are the languages you can speak and understand.  Reikpiel is the common language spoken as it is basically understood by all the characters so it is the default language, but feel free to use any other language you have listed.  If you want to speak in a different language please make note of the language you wish to use clearly for others to see.

Glyfi turns to Snorri and says in deep dwarfen (Khazalid), "Snorri, can you spot that snotling over there!"

He then turns to Konrad Riktor standing beside of him and says to everyone, "Lets head that way.  I thought I saw a greenskin standing amidst the rocks."

#18 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 02:50 PM

Alright, the Play thread is live.  Feel free to mingle with each other or talk with any of the NPCs on board.  I will reply with the NPCs if you want to talk with them as they each have certain information that may or may not be needed.  Everyone with a character sheet should also have a list of gold that you can bet on a game of chance if you wish too.  I'm still working on getting some details worked out so we won't progress the story (Take off for Norsca) until everyone has had time to review and verify their character.  You can complete any actions in town or on ship at this time. 

If anyone wants to join up, let me know in the next day or so as the window is rapidly closing until liftoff.

#19 Glyfi Ironbeard

Glyfi Ironbeard

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 06:30 PM

Well...Gunther is aboard.  Sorry that Brogar is now very agitated.  ;)

Who wants to run the risk of seeing how a keel hauling is done from a 100 feet up next?  :P

#20 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 06:38 PM

Wait, how am I aboard? I thought that Brogar refused to let me on :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Ragnar Alpaca