#1 Xandar

Xandar

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 11:14 AM

Hi fellow dwarfs !
I'm looking for shields. Do you know manufacturers who sell some?
I'm mostly interested by celtic or runic inspiration, but I'm struggling to find anything, except Scibor (which I don't like)...

Thanks for your help !

#2 dazza36

dazza36

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 12:49 PM

If your simple after round shields with a boss then look at Foundry they do some nice one's and if you want Celtic designs look at Little Big Men Studios for nice decals which should fit the Foundry shields.

#3 Graydon Ironshield

Graydon Ironshield

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 02:41 AM

Warlord Games does some nice Celtic shields and they also sell decals to go with.

#4 Graydon Ironshield

Graydon Ironshield

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Warlord Games does some nice Celtic shields and they also sell decals to go with.

#5 Graydon Ironshield

Graydon Ironshield

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

#6 Lord Alisk

Lord Alisk

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 07:35 PM

Gripping Beast (based in Evesham, Worcestershire, UK) do an excellent range of mediaeval, dark age and ancient shields (https://www.gripping...egory--245.html). I've used them  for GW miniatures (now dwarfs, but other figures), and they fit well.

I'm a massive fan of Black Chapel miniatures dwarfs (https://blackchapelminiatures.com/en/), and they have really excellent shields. They don't sell shield-packs at the present, but I've seen it mooted in the past, if I recall correctly, and they're generally open to discussions - so they might be persuaded to  do shield packs (well, it's probably worth an e-mail anyway).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users