• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Oath Stoned

Oath Stoned

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 August 2018 - 07:42 PM

Hello everyone. I'd like to brainstorm ideas with everyone. Im looking for topics for a tips and tactics video series for new players. Im looking for broad topics rather than full breakdowns. Im rounding up ideas for a current video producer.

Topics such as deployment, maximizing pile in's, formations, and resource management could help a lot of players.

https://aos-tactics.com is a great place to start, but I feel this aspect of AoS is lacking on youtube. A lot of ppl are unboxing soul wars and exploring the lore(which is also appreciated).This video series can cover some of the ideas that battle reports usually edit past. May also help new players avoid pitfalls and misplays that may ruin a game first turn perhaps.

So what would you like to see covered in a tips and tactics series. Thanks for reading and any input. Still very early in brainstorming.

#2 sgreg308

sgreg308

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 12:53 PM

Maybe cover the concept of screening a unit. I.e. using a frigate to block charges from reaching other units.

Someone needs to explore playing objectives well and risk management when choosing which ones to play.

Also, basic formations and pile ins. Splitting units and how to manage it. Just alot of the basic moves that dont appear tactically relevant at first glance. That way models with 6 inch pile in range and such make sense to new players.

Edited by sgreg308, 08 August 2018 - 01:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users