• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1 AlmGandix3

AlmGandix3

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 09:42 AM

What do you think of the revealed changes in the new edition? 

Command points seem like a big buff for us, since we are now able to use the Lord Ordinator's command abillity in dispossessed allegiance

#2 Ragnar Alpaca

Ragnar Alpaca

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 10:41 AM

I like everything I have seen so far. I’m also hoping though that the dispossessed, along with many other factions get access to some new battalions and such with the new handbook, as is stands we only have one battalion which is essentially useless. If we get some more battalions and maybe some other updated rules, I will be thrilled.

As for the lord ordinator, I agree this is great news, time to buy a dwarf engineer model and put him on a 40mm base.

#3 Thorvald the Relentless

Thorvald the Relentless

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 10:42 AM

All of those surely will affect the game much, and maybe the overall setting will change quite much as well. Seems good so far.

#4 Zidane_blade

Zidane_blade

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 10:45 AM

While the added, look out sir, does benefit our characters, especially the runelord, I find the command points a bit redundant. Atleast with the current news on it.
Unless, as you mention it, you couple it with an allied character. Which I dont know if im especially keen on 😄
Theres also the possibility of two warden kings. Personally, thats a more likely scenario for me atleast.

#5 AlmGandix3

AlmGandix3

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 10:54 AM

We already get a free command abillity if we take longbeards

#6 Zidane_blade

Zidane_blade

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 11:40 AM

Is that something from GHB17?

#7 Killer Angel

Killer Angel

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 06:39 AM

It's a basic ability of the longbeards.

I am more worried for the news about summoning... Now that summon will be Free (even if tied to certain conditions), i fear we will struggle even more than now, to keep the pace of newest armies...

#8 Ironblood

Ironblood

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 07:02 AM

I hope Dispossessed get a battletome at some point.

#9 Pm713

Pm713

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 12:29 PM

I doubt it. Dwarfs are probably going to stay in stasis from now on.

#10 Killer Angel

Killer Angel

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 08:36 AM

Yeah, judging from the malign portent stories, dwarfs are:

1 - protagonists if they are one of the brand new factions (Kharadron, Fyreslayers)

2 - sidekick if something else (basically allies with artillery)

#11 Graydon Ironshield

Graydon Ironshield

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 02:59 AM

Yeah, free Summoning, and the overall boost in the way Magic works will cause us to have a harder go of it, and the whole battalions things won't do us much good. I'm not seeing the Dispossessed getting a Battletome. We'll get relegated to a pdf file like the old Dark Elves, as GW will be pushing their newer armies. Yeah, we can still play with our toys, as they promised, but don't expect them to do anything other than throw us the occasional bone.

#12 Oath Stoned

Oath Stoned

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 06:06 AM

The faction focuses are promising. Each race seems to be considered in the grand scheme of things through many of the new rules. If a faction as minor as the flesh eater courts can expect attention, the outlook is good for dispossessed.

What form this will come in is hard to predict though. Many of the new changes have to do with magic. The persistant and predatory spell are unlikely to impact dwarfs much. Also many of the new abilities have to do with summoning. Another unlikely canidate. Also not expecting new models other then maybe Gotrek.

However command points and command abilities may change bigtime. I expect runelords and unforged to gain major command abilities. The aditional range to unbind is a massive buff to runelord.

They have also mentioned in the skaven article reducing points on some units which are obvious allies but hard to include bcuz of cost. Perhaps similar changes to ironweld arty.

Overall I expect good things to keep dispossessed viable in the form of rules.

I would however love to convert an unforged upper torso with that burning skull spell. I would ally a wizard just to cast that spell.

#13 jouke1988

jouke1988

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 09:41 AM

I hope they improve the skills of the Duardin. Right now, in the current edition, the regular Duardin won't be able to win a match. At least, that's my experience!

#14 Ragnar Alpaca

Ragnar Alpaca

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 01:23 PM

I think we should hold out at least a little hope, really all we need are a couple things in this edition to stay decent. Firstly new battalions or at least the war throng rules updated, and secondly maybe a points reduction on a couple units. If those two things happen I think we could still be somewhat competitive, at least against armies that aren’t going to spam spells,and even then runelords can freely unbound them without deciding whether or not they want to cast a spell.

Another thing I would love to see, but I highly doubt are, a new allegiance ability, called tunnelling or something that basically allows deep striking for a couple units, cause let’s face it, no one uses any artifact besides the ancestral pick. And another thing i would love to see are some more runes available. Currently there are two, why couldn’t they add some others like rune of wrath and ruin, which could be like arcane bolt, rune of accuracy, letting ranged units reroll hit rolls of one, or others like this.

#15 Oath Stoned

Oath Stoned

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 03:11 PM

The KO faction focus has been released, and it strongly encourages wizard allies. Also the mention of the gunhauler having it's points reduced confirms that duardin can expect support in the form of rule changes for this edition.

A runic endless spell can totally work. On a roll of 1 the winds on magic contained in the rune loses control and creates something awesome like a chain lightning that travels across the map.

The starter KO box will be fun to ally into a match. Gunhauler and units to heal it as allies.

Edited by Oath Stoned, 28 May 2018 - 05:12 PM.

#16 Killer Angel

Killer Angel

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 06:41 PM

I really like the points decrease for our ships.
They were really overpriced

#17 AlmGandix3

AlmGandix3

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 07:31 PM

I played against death, ironjawz, sylvaneth and swifthawk agents. I had great success with my duardin sometimes with warmachines and witheout. I think point reductions and new artifacts (realm artifacts or new one for our allegiance in general), new battalions and even maybe some tweaks to improve our allegiance will be a big push. The steam tank got a point reduction aswell, so the warmachines will probably get one aswell. 

#18 AlmGandix3

AlmGandix3

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 06:27 PM

The point reductions and ironbreakers as battleline will be a huge buff, im realy excited for the new edition cant wait for it to come out

#19 Oath Stoned

Oath Stoned

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 12:01 AM

If lord ordinator is sacrosanct chamber he will be an awesome ally with ironweld as well. Also get a stormcast wiazard.

Having collected 4500pts of mixed duardin will be fun. I will have a list for all dispossessed, magic allies, arty, and KO with my starter set. Fyreslayers eventually.

Edited by Oath Stoned, 03 June 2018 - 12:01 AM.

#20 Killer Angel

Killer Angel

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 06:54 AM

Frankly, i am not excited by points reduction.
Literally everyone is getting reductions so it's not an advantage... it just mean all armies will field more models.
It seems our only personal buff will be ironbreakers as battleline, which is good but not so great, if it's really the only thing we are going to get.

Edited by Killer Angel, 03 June 2018 - 08:20 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users