Killer Angel

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 05:04 PM

I've just stumbled upon this:

https://icv2.com/art...ease-doomseeker

Looks like there is a new Warhammer Fantasy board game in the making, and it takes place in old world. Will you die with enough glory to win?

Announced on ICv2, Ninja Division just signed a license with Games Workshop to release Doomseeker, an RPG based in Warhammer Fantasy old world. Let’s take a look at what they had to say about it.

Ninja Division has signed a license with Games Workshop to release Doomseeker, a card and board game set in the Warhammer Fantasy old world, Ninja Division Co-Owner and Creative Director John Cadice told ICv2. “It’s such a rich world for roleplaying and it’s something that we love personally,” he said of the new license.

The object is to die with glory. “It’s going to be a fun game where you play as a dwarf slayer out to seek your doom and die with the most glory by fighting the biggest and ugliest monsters you can find in the Warhammer world,” Cadice explained. “It’s a group game, the one that dies with the most glory wins the game.”

The game box will include everything needed to play, including cards, tokens, and dice. Ninja Division is hoping to have a MSRP in the $30 to $35 range, Cadice told us. Release date is Spring 2018.

We’re looking at a release window of Spring next year, and Ninja Division is trying to keep it in the $30 to $35 price range. You and your friends will be able to do battle in the old world of Warhammer Fantasy where it’s not a matter of surviving, but dying in the with the most glory.

the news is old (august '17).

Anyone of you knows if there's something more?

#2 Lord Alisk

Lord Alisk

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 08:05 PM

That's exciting - many thanks for posting. 

#3 Thorvald the Relentless

Thorvald the Relentless

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 09:51 PM

We will see what comes out of this, I don't like card games that much but could be interesting.

#4 Lord Alisk

Lord Alisk

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 08:05 AM

Well, the price is pretty low (it'd be about £25 or so in the UK, I'd guess). Also, if it does well,  one might expect more Old World setting games to come - the 4th edition of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay went on pre-order this week (by Cubicle 7 Games), for instance.

#5 Thorvald the Relentless

Thorvald the Relentless

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 09:32 AM

They would be hardly as popular as the TW:WH, but otherwise I fear it becomes like with all those mobile games...

#6 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 02:57 PM

Interesting; great to see how GW seem to be acknowledging fantasy.

Edited by Hero of Rome, 07 May 2018 - 02:57 PM.

#7 Thorvald the Relentless

Thorvald the Relentless

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 07:10 PM

Most WHFB games are not up to the task, and in 40k it's even worse - too few good games out there. It's a known franchise sure to bring money but otherwise, Shadow of the Horned Rat and Dark Omen are the best still. And the coming-to-be WH Quest game is not very promising either.

#8 Thorfar Salokin

Thorfar Salokin

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 06:47 AM

Interesting to see!

GWS continue to profit from the WHFB world. The Total War & Vermintide games are real successes and clearly still money on the role playing side too.

Astonishing how GWS is viewed on the associated forums to these games though. Huge level of distrust in them and disregard for their new products.

#9 Bugman

Bugman

Master Dwarf Brewer

• Brewery Masters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,614 posts
Contributor

Posted 30 July 2018 - 10:47 PM

Well to be fair, the new WH:Quest is pants.

Digital wise, the old WH:Quest is great the second version not so. Vermintide and total war are stunning but I feel they have lost their way with Dawn of War.

I still play SoTHR and Darin omens to this day, great and difficult games, no paying to get more or bigger units!

Let’s hope the continue to use the old world!

#10 Thorvald the Relentless

Thorvald the Relentless

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 12:28 PM

Well, people say Man'O'War is not bad too, but otherwise most games are either mobile or just not well developed, and that's the shame.

#11 Killer Angel

Killer Angel

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 10:18 PM

https://boardgamegee...1343/doomseeker

Here we go

#12 Kallstrom

Kallstrom

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts

Posted 24 December 2018 - 10:18 AM

Anyone played this? Worth picking up?

#13 Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher

Kro'undi

• Brewery Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,786 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 07:21 AM

Not got very good reviews on boardgamegeek averages just under 3/10

#14 Killer Angel

Killer Angel

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 10:46 AM

Actually it's rated 5.4, but reviews are not good on average.

Here's an example of a review:

"Played it during Essen Spiel, the game reminds me a lot of Munchkin, just that there is more structure and more seriousness, which is a minus in this case, because the tactics in the game are either very minimal, or can be easily screwed up by another player. There's a lot going on and this falls into an awkward position of being too heavy for "just for fun and laughter" type of gamers, yet too random and light for experienced gamers"

#15 Kallstrom

Kallstrom

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 01:10 PM

Aah, too bad. I really like the idea of a dwarf-centered game (especially centered around slayers!). The artwork looks neat, too.

Well, maybe I'll pick it up on a sale or something in the future.

Cheers!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users