9 replies to this topic

#1 Snorri Fireaxe

Snorri Fireaxe

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 10:18 PM

Hi!I'm trying to figure how Dispossessed could help a kharadron list.

I was thinking bout  Barak Zon list focused on "maneuverability"(so frigates with company and perhaps skywardens\endrinriggers with gunhaulers along) , while using a pair of infantries from dispossessed (ironbreakers or hammerers or both) to create a "anvil" to block nastiest enemy units.
I heard that many plays Barak Zilfin with the clown car(ironclad full of companies and others).
So what are the utilities that dispossessed could give to a kharadron list?why using them as allies?

#2 Ragnar Alpaca

Ragnar Alpaca

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 10:21 PM

Honestly don’t see them helping too much, we’re just too slow to keep up.

#3 sgreg308

sgreg308

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 12:04 PM

Youd have to take an ancestral pick axe to keep up with Kharadron but thats dispossessed allegiance. Youre better off taking a runesmiter with a unit of vulkite beserkers.

#4 Snorri Fireaxe

Snorri Fireaxe

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 06:05 PM

MMM so is better a Dispossessed list allied with Kharadron?In that case what units you would advise?(i have already a dispossessed army, also i like the possibility of using longbeards as battleline).
@sgreg:i don't like much Fyreslayers basic infantry models compared to other dwarfs armies, but i like the start collecting, so the runesmither could be on magmadroth?

Edited by Snorri Fireaxe, 06 March 2018 - 06:06 PM.

#5 AlmGandix3

AlmGandix3

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 06:17 PM

The great benefit of the Runesmiter on foot is that you can set him up with one unit. This is especially devestating with Heartguard. Units that are good for a dispossessed list are in my opinion skywardens or endrinriggers for mobility. I am currently using ironweld arsenal or fyreslayers as my allies( Runesmiter on foot + a unit of hearthguard or vulkite to shield my pickaxe unit). If i go for 2000+ points im using the order allegiance with a hurricanum and an Ordinator as my general. The only thing dwarfs are lacking in my eyes is mobility and big units. 

#6 sgreg308

sgreg308

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 08:26 PM

MMM so is better a Dispossessed list allied with Kharadron?In that case what units you would advise?(i have already a dispossessed army, also i like the possibility of using longbeards as battleline).
@sgreg:i don't like much Fyreslayers basic infantry models compared to other dwarfs armies, but i like the start collecting, so the runesmither could be on magmadroth?

The fyeslayer start collecting box is probably the best one out there both in quality of units and money saved. If you got it, the runefather would be best to build on the magmadroth and keep runesmiter on foot for the reason just mentioned. The vulkite beserkers when taken at 2k points as allies with 20 models and a runesmiter gives you a very sturdy unit that can teleport around.

If you wanted to take kharadron allegiance and still wanted to use dispossessed, well im not really sure what would specifically help. I was gonna say flame cannon but thats apparently just an "order" thing now.

If you took disspossessed allegiance and took kharadron alliance, I think the above advice is very sound. You wouldnt get value out of the ships without fielding mostly kharadron so that would leave you with riggers/wardens. But you only get 200 points for allies below 2k, so that would mean the wardens would be a better pick since theyre 100 pts where the riggers are 120. At 2k points id go riggers.

If you go dispossessed and took fyreslayers as allies, the only sensible option below 2k is beserkers and runesmiter on foot. If you took a runesmiter magmadroth, his main abilities would be useless as they arent useable on dispossessed units.

You could always consider taking order allegiance and just building an army of all the dwarf factions.

Edited by sgreg308, 06 March 2018 - 08:32 PM.

#7 Snorri Fireaxe

Snorri Fireaxe

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 09:54 AM

Well, for now i'll think about skywardens\riggers(i have already three because i'm slowly building a kharadron one as i said) in a possible dispossessed list, but thanks  everyone for the advices about Fyreslayers and Dispossessed.
Also the idea of Order alliance could be interesting...or cities allegiances.

Edited by Snorri Fireaxe, 07 March 2018 - 09:58 AM.

#8 nicholunch

nicholunch

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 06:19 PM

Youre better off taking a runesmiter with a unit of vulkite beserkers.

I'm painting my Miners with red beards and I'm going to proxy them as Vulkite Bezerkers. Figured that could fit fairly well. Most people shouldn't have a problem with an outdated GW model that is similar in how both units actually are.

#9 Snorri Fireaxe

Snorri Fireaxe

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 11:03 AM

Also probably as 2nd edition is coming out the best allies are Stormcasts?
I read the new faqs and it seem KO are getting nerfed "again"...:(

#10 nicholunch

nicholunch

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 05:33 PM

Also probably as 2nd edition is coming out the best allies are Stormcasts?
I read the new faqs and it seem KO are getting nerfed "again"...:(

I know... With some if the point reductions, it helps very little. But my list has to change up anyway now that we need to consider running a battalion for more CPs.

I'm actually thinking about a free cities list, mostly KO with Tempest's Eye. It's all about the first turn. And so if you can get 9-12 endrinriggers and Brokk 3+" out of the ship, 4" more during movement, and a run (thanks to Brokk), that's a total of 19+d6" for the first turn mvmnt. Now you're ready to charge with +1 on saves first turn too.

Maybe you don't need the run and can take advantage of shooting turn 1 with railguns and Brokk's arsenal.

Then with Sky Command battalion, your 2 frigates get double shots, rerolling 1s to hit. 20 man Company with a khemkst giving double skyhooks from behind. Could be a very strong turn.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users