• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 Ironblood

Ironblood

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 06:00 AM

Anyone else excited for the new campaign? 

#2 Ragnar Alpaca

Ragnar Alpaca

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 12:16 PM

Definitely, I’ll pick up the book so my friends and I can play a campaign.

#3 Thorvald the Relentless

Thorvald the Relentless

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 01:29 PM

Yes, definitely, it must be awesome. Death has been waiting for some love for ages.

#4 Pm713

Pm713

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 01:58 PM

Hopefully they throw a bone to some older factions like Dwarfs. It's pretty tiring when the only "Order" faction with love is new ones.

#5 Killer Angel

Killer Angel

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:25 PM

Hopefully they throw a bone to some older factions like Dwarfs. It's pretty tiring when the only "Order" faction with love is new ones.

Judging by this leak, the bone (under the shape of new SC) has been throwed to KO...

But yeah, I hope that MP will have something also for old Dispossessed.

Edited by Killer Angel, 06 February 2018 - 04:28 PM.

#6 Thrang Thunderforge

Thrang Thunderforge

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:49 PM

That’s a bit steep for four plastic models! £80!

I think we have to face the grim reality that dispossessed only exist because they are a hang over army from WFB, because they promised we would be able to use everything we had from before. Dispossessed haven’t had any new models since AOS arrived, have we?

Us ‘old guard’ weren’t making them any money so why would they throw us a bone?

Sorry to sound negative but that’s how I see it.

#7 Killer Angel

Killer Angel

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 05:25 PM

While true, at least we are still included in new lore and boxes (see Tempest's eye).
Which is more than what many old armies can claim...

#8 Pm713

Pm713

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 06:02 PM

We can hardly use everything from before.

#9 Oath Stoned

Oath Stoned

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 06:32 PM

Very excited. As a new player, it seems like an awesome time to get into the hobby as GW develops the story into something more graspable. I also love the dark setting. I expect this to be the start of years of collecting.

#10 Pm713

Pm713

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 07:24 PM

Does the setting seem dark to a new player? Why?

I can't help find it much other than silly or comedic.

Edited by Pm713, 06 February 2018 - 07:24 PM.

#11 Ironblood

Ironblood

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:03 PM

Dispossessed were mentioned in the backstory for Vorrus Starstrike, the Order Harbinger.

https://malignporten...rrus-starstrike

#12 Pm713

Pm713

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:22 PM

Wow. So Dwarfs are just building Sigmar's junk now.

Really love the way that GW treat things now.

#13 Thrang Thunderforge

Thrang Thunderforge

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 11:21 PM

Yeah, Lordinator is doing the overseeing and we’re just doing the heavy lifting. Not in my book matey!

@Oath Stoned (awesome name btw) welcome to the hobby, I hope you have many happy years of painting, playing and chasing dice around the floor! :-)

Edited by Thrang Thunderforge, 06 February 2018 - 11:24 PM.

#14 Oath Stoned

Oath Stoned

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 02:16 AM

I suppose I shouldnt have called myself a player since ive only started to collect a couple months and havnt actually played yet.

I think that AoS setting has been to clean from what Ive read so far. The Stormcast seem are too...heavenly.

It was the the short story "The Offer" that hooked me. The idea of a massive mobile fortress withering and decaying in a cursed wind seems pretty dark to me.

I also think this story creates a big place for dwarfs and free peoples in the realmswars. These factions waging war across the realms in giant Mortal Engine style forts sounds awesome. I dont believe that is explicitly stated that these factions are operating the cogfort, but im gonna say that its implied.

#15 Ironblood

Ironblood

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 04:31 AM

I suppose I shouldnt have called myself a player since ive only started to collect a couple months and havnt actually played yet.

I think that AoS setting has been to clean from what Ive read so far. The Stormcast seem are too...heavenly.

It was the the short story "The Offer" that hooked me. The idea of a massive mobile fortress withering and decaying in a cursed wind seems pretty dark to me.

I also think this story creates a big place for dwarfs and free peoples in the realmswars. These factions waging war across the realms in giant Mortal Engine style forts sounds awesome. I dont believe that is explicitly stated that these factions are operating the cogfort, but im gonna say that its implied.

Have you read "To Truly Excel" or "Death at the Door? They're two of the new Malign Portents short stories. The Stormcast featured in it are the Knights Excelsior. They are one of the more darker of the Stormhosts. Rather than just fighting Chaos, they wipe out entire villages and cities of mortals to cleanse the realms of the taint of Chaos. This is similar to Exterminatus if you are familiar with 40k fluff. I was pretty uninterested in Stormcast until I heard about these guys.

Here are the stories if you have not read them.

https://malignporten...tory/story-two/

https://malignporten...to-truly-excel/

#16 Zidane_blade

Zidane_blade

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 05:30 AM

It seems those knights have died and been reforged so many a time, any moral issues they might have had, are gone.
They care only for the purification of the realms.

Edited by Zidane_blade, 07 February 2018 - 05:31 AM.

#17 Killer Angel

Killer Angel

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 07:52 AM

It's not a new concept, someone so obsessed by his mission, to the point that he loses the perception of the scope of the mission.

Kinda reminds me this:

2ce97365d48e825efa139139e8250e23.jpg

Edited by Killer Angel, 07 February 2018 - 07:52 AM.

#18 Thrang Thunderforge

Thrang Thunderforge

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 09:41 AM

To paraphrase “We have come to appease the shareholders and support the fanbase; and we don’t see any fans”

Thanks for the link to the Malign Portents site, I hadn’t seen the stories, I’ll have a look through those. And a map! I like maps, they’re tangible.

Indeed there are references to duardin made crossbows and duardin statues, so we’re hanging in there. :-)

#19 Thorvald the Relentless

Thorvald the Relentless

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 12:04 PM

Duardin of different kinds were not forgotten. GA Order, novel "City of secrets", books for slayers and KO, stories of them either, Ironholds in the "All-gates" campaign book apart from the slayers even before, even Chaos Dwarves. But the campaign is centered around Death which has not had love for ages, they deserve it.

#20 Ironblood

Ironblood

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 01:47 AM

Don't forget the recent Hammerhal novel features an Ironbreaker as a character.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users