7 replies to this topic

#1 AlmGandix3

AlmGandix3

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 05:03 PM

Hi there fellow Dwarfs,

i saw a video on youtube of someone who made a special hurricanum just for his Fyreslayers. 

I also use a Hurricanum for my army and thought about ways to make a dwarfen hurricanum.

I came to the conclusion that i want to use a steam tank as its base component and maybe thorek (with anvil) or something rune like for the main hurricanum part. Im still thinking of ways to combine the two. Has anyone a good idea for a dwarfen hurricanum?

#2 Killer Angel

Killer Angel

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 09:05 PM

Don't know. I would use the base "chariot" of the hurricanum as movable platform, putting the anvil upon it and using ponies from mine carts (instead of horses) to pull it

#3 Ragnar Alpaca

Ragnar Alpaca

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 09:59 PM

I don’t know how much money you want to sink into this, or how good you are with kit bashing/scratch building, but if I were you I would use the base chariot like Killer Angel said, I also like the idea of using the ponies instead of horses. From there I would replace the wheels with something more dwarf like, and possibly put some dwarf shields on the sides, along with the anvil on top. Another idea would be to try and build a mobile brewery that you could use as a hurricanum, decorate it with some kegs of Bugman’s finest and there you have it.

#4 AlmGandix3

AlmGandix3

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 07:39 PM

I decided to try to build something out of my old steamtank, thorek and two ponys. If im satisfied ill post some pictures

#5 Killer Angel

Killer Angel

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 09:54 PM

Hope the result will be good enough! I'll keep my fingers crossed. ;)

#6 AlmGandix3

AlmGandix3

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 07:44 PM

I wanted to give everyone who is still interested in my project a little update. There was no way to put the anvil on top of my steam tank that i liked, so i decided to change my idea. I got an dwarf TA2 Juggernaut from an old firend and now im currently getting the paint of of it and intend to built a stand on top of it so the anvil and thorekt have enough room. I am sadly missing the pistons for the back wheels and im looking for replacements or alternatives (maybe built something from some wood or metal). I got a question for painting wood. If i prime wood just like plastic or metal models will the paint look the same on the wood like on the models?

#7 Ragnar Alpaca

Ragnar Alpaca

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 09:54 PM

Oh I like the juggernaut, I think that will look very nice. As with the wood, if you mean hiding the grain or the wood, that’s a little difficult. It depends on what type of wood you’re using some had bigger grains than the others. If you want to hide the grain get some wood with small grain, and then sand it down as smooth as possible and then use some filler on it, that should hide it pretty good.

#8 hoegaarden

hoegaarden

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 10:23 PM

Any pic thus far?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: conversion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users